Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf IV - expression of interest - Game Starts 23rd October

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭andy125

Jayop wrote: »
    Absolutely I'll help as much as you want or need. I won't be able to co mod much that week as I'll hopefully be too busy sunning myself.

Same as jayop, can help set it up but won't be able to co-mod

• Registered Users Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Yay! Shiney new forum!
    Count me in for the 23rd. Can't miss the inaugural game in the new forum. :)

I am interested

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

I am interested

You're a bad man who watches films while running. Not allowed!

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

I might regret this, and my boss will hate it, but I'm in!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 641 ✭✭✭Stoogie

I'll play again :)
    Poll is closed though

You're a bad man who watches films while running. Not allowed!

;)

All part of the inter-board werewolf mindgames :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Barney92

I'm in again if you'll have me. I almost had it last time but I gave it all away. No matter what I'll be better this time around. All that I need is a sacrificial lamb to make my words seem legit.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,890 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

Start 30th October
    sullivlo wrote: »
    So we want a Halloween themed WW4 game?

I'll gladly mod the game, once there's a suitable co-mod (or instructions from someone in-the-know).

Confirmed Players
    1. quickbeam
    2. mahamageehad
    3. MicksJaguar
    4. A neurotic
    5. tritium
    6. y0ssar1an22
    7. Uriel.
    8. The_Valeyard
    9. gufc21
    10. Digital Solitude
    11. Tigger
    12. Maximus Alexander
    13. Mollyb60
    14. partyjungle
    15. dottie_lottie
    16. Stoogie
    17. Barney92

Game Mods
    Sullivlo
    suffering golfer

17 confirmed so far. need probably 5-7 more players. any way to get the forum some more exposure so people can sign up if they currently dont know about the game?

Start 30th October
    17 confirmed so far. need probably 5-7 more players. any way to get the forum some more exposure so people can sign up if they currently dont know about the game?

Are we allowed put the forum in our sigs? And how do you put stuff in your sigs :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

I'd be interested - but I've never played before!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Start 30th October
    cee_jay wrote: »

It couldn't be simpler, you just accuse everyone of being a wolf and furiously try to lynch them until they're dead. It's great crack altogether. :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Start 30th October
    cee_jay wrote: »

Go for it Cee! You'll learn as you go, and it's great craic.

cee-jay, a few weeks ago only maybe 2/3 of us knew how to play the game and we've muddled our way through 3 games now and I'd estimate over 40 players have participated. The rules look really complicated when you see them in one post but you don't need to know them all at once and you'll easily pick them up as the game goes along.

Start 30th October
    @CJ

Not sure if you have follwed past games if not

Reading past games is a good way to get a grasp of what happens in game, doesnt have to be in depth and maybe just a day or 2 would give you the jist. Jayos first game perfect starting point for newcomers imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Xaracatz

I am in! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

It couldn't be simpler, you just accuse everyone of being a wolf and furiously try to lynch them until they're dead. It's great crack altogether. :D

Except for me. I've never been, never heard of, or was never part of any Wolf clan.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,441 ✭✭✭tritium

Start 30th October
    Except for me. I've never been, never heard of, or was never part of any Wolf clan.

Hmmm, sounds very wolfey.....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭sullivlo

So will add cj, xara and nopeare to the list.

We'll top it at 24.

Nice one, so it's game on.

I've a thread in one of the gaming forums to point people in this direction. I'll link this thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Start 30th October
    Cap it at 25 or 23, statistically the wolves have a way better chance with an even number of players, it's more balanced with odd numbers

• Registered Users Posts: 8,058 ✭✭✭Guffy

Start 30th October
    Pretty sure shane.c is in too. Said id add him cause it's getting tight. Said he'd be on later to confirm

• Registered Users Posts: 7,441 ✭✭✭tritium

Start 30th October
    Cap it at 25 or 23, statistically the wolves have a way better chance with an even number of players, it's more balanced with odd numbers

Complete aside but why is this. Ive read it elsewhere too and (because, you know, i like systems etc) I'm curious what the reason is (math or laymans explanation appreciated)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

tritium wrote: »
    Hmmm, sounds very wolfey.....

Only a wolf would say that

tritium wrote: »
    Complete aside but why is this. Ive read it elsewhere too and (because, you know, i like systems etc) I'm curious what the reason is (math or laymans explanation appreciated)

Digi, don't tell him cos he'll only spend the entire game trying to explain it back to us.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Digi, don't tell him cos he'll only spend the entire game trying to explain it back to us.

If he even starts we'll just send him to the dead room. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭andy125

Poor trit, will never live down the powerplay

Btw jayop im starting to talk to myself in the other forum :pac:

Start 30th October
    Maybe me and Trit are more mathematically inclined or something but I didn't think the PP was overly complex... Just complex

Start 30th October
    Tried to do the maths Trit and it's coming out opposite of what I thought.

I'll check somewhere

• Advertisement

Start 30th October
    Keep deleting my maths. 4 times now.

ODD NUMBER AFTER WOLF KILL (EVEN START)
    5 left, 2 Wolves, 3 Villagers: 3/5 chance of wolf victory (60%)
    7 left, 2 Wolves, 5 Villagers: 5/7 chance of going 3v2 (71%), leaving (42.6%) chance of wolf victory
    7 left, 3 Wolves, 4 Villagers: 4/7 chance of wolf victory (57%)
    9 left, 2 Wolves, 7 Villagers: 7/9 chance of going 5v2 (78%), leaving (33%) chance of wolf victory
    9 left, 3 Wolves, 6 Villagers: 6/9 chance of going 4v3 (66%), leaving (38%) chance of wolf victory
    9 left, 4 Wolves, 5 Villagers: 5/9 chance of wolf victory (55%)

EVEN NUMBER AFTER WOLF KILL (ODD START)
    4 left, 1 Wolves, 3 Villagers: 3/4 chance of wolf victory (75%)
    6 left, 1 Wolves, 5 Villagers: 5/6 chance of going 3v1 (83%), leaving (62%) chance of wolf victory
    6 left, 2 Wolves, 4 Villagers: 4/6 chance of wolf victory (66%)
    8 left, 1 Wolves, 7 Villagers: 7/8 chance of going 5v1 (88%), leaving (55%) chance of wolf victory
    8 left, 2 Wolves, 6 Villagers: 6/8 chance of going 4v2 (75%), leaving (50%) chance of wolf victory
    8 left, 3 Wolves, 5 Villagers: 5/8 chance of wolf victory (63%)

I looked at a few other sites and most have the mod dying on the first night, meaning the game really starts with a lynch. They discount the mod, so there's actually an odd number of players.

The way we play, it's better to lock an even number in.

Also, by my understanding the odds are independent which is where the "chance of going 5v3" or whatever is coming from, if there's an error in my math someone please point it out.

Anyways, it's pretty obvious the wolves have a better chance when there's an odd start

Advertisement