Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf IV - expression of interest - Game Starts 23rd October

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Start 30th October
    I love the science of game theory. Don't really understand half of it, but it's still fascinating. Thanks for info, Digi - interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,617 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Played my first live game of Werewolf last night with some friends. It was the 'One night' version where there's only one lynch and no munch.
    2 Werewolves, 4 Villagers, I was the minion (had to save the werewolves by sacrificing myself). Everyone started pointing at one of the werewolves so I convinced everyone that I had swapped cards with the real werewolf "I know Kris can't be a werewolf coz I swapped cards with him!!!" and played the eejit when someone pointed out that that made me the wolf instead. Doh! Got everyone to vote for me instead and won us the game. :D
    I will NEVER be as clever in another game ever again. I have peaked. ****.

I'm surprised at how well the game works in real life too. Was very enjoyable. :)

I shall be a voyeur this time :p

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Start 30th October
    quickbeam wrote: »
    I love the science of game theory. Don't really understand half of it, but it's still fascinating. Thanks for info, Digi - interesting.

With what I've posted, the odds are of a villager being lynched. The odds would be much better for the village in a long game as the village will have more info.

But statistically, going off random odds is what you have to do in a game like this, it's impossible to calculate exactly.

Anyways, 3/5 chance of wolf win basically just means that if the lynch is random, a villager is going to get lynched 60% of the time, which will always lead to a wolf victory at 3v2 obviously.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

So I'm after reading through the dead room and wolf room from game 2 and without predujuice nor comment I think I'd like to retract my interest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,443 ✭✭✭tritium

Start 30th October
    Tigger wrote: »
    So I'm after reading through the dead room and wolf room from game 2 and without predujuice nor comment I think I'd like to retract my interest.

Disappointing but your call I guess :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭sullivlo

Tigger wrote: »

Totally your call, but the nature of the game is such that the persona of the character is what is discussed, not the person themselves.

It's up to you. Have a think about it and read through some of the other posts on the topic when you engaged in discussions on thread about your taking part in future games. I think you'll find that everyone was supporting you returning.

Start 30th October
    Aw, Tigg :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭MrsFlushdraw

Didn't see this, room for a little one?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,072 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

Start 30th October
    Didn't see this, room for a little one?

theres always room for 1 more.

https://www.getyarn.io/yarn-clip/66ff1e8a-800a-408d-bdd7-182ee4083316

• Advertisement

Start 30th October
    how do you embed videos?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

how do you embed videos?

I only know how to embed YouTube videos. Use {YOUTUBE}thetextrequired{/YOUTUBE} (use the square [] brackets instead of the curly brackets) and copy the text from the YouTube link that follows the first = sign and place it in between the bracketed bits replacing thetextrequired.

So to embed > .

If you quote this post you'll see the actual text used.

Start 30th October
    i now see we have 3 lovely elders to look to for advice. sullvio (know its spelt wrong, apologies) is modding WW4. are elders 2 or 3 going to throw their hats into the ring?

i now see we have 3 lovely elders to look to for advice. sullvio (know its spelt wrong, apologies) is modding WW4. are elders 2 or 3 going to throw their hats into the ring?

I've suggested it to them so we shall see.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,443 ✭✭✭tritium

Start 30th October

Ooohhh we have elders! This is beginning to feel like a real village!

Btw digi's much appreciated and very succinct explanation of the odd vs even question prompted me to do some searching over the weekend (when i have some time generally) . For the geek in all of us heres a link to a (fairly mathematical) paper on werewolf.

https://arxiv.org/abs/1009.1031
    "A mathematical model of the Mafia game"

The interesting bit on the numbers is that, somewhat counterintuitivly, if i add an extra villager i can increase the odds of the wolves winning based on odd vs even numbers!

[/geek]

• Registered Users Posts: 10,744 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

I'm gonna just watch how the pro's play first, so i'll be here on my grassy knoll for this one :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Start 30th October
    I'm gonna just watch how the pro's play first, so i'll be here on my grassy knoll for this one :)

Get out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Sorry Andy and Sully. I've been very distracted the last week. I'll get onto the back forum tomorrow and get thing in place with you.

This is where I learnt how to play this game if anyone wants some quickfire practice. : http://blankmediagames.com/TownOfSalem/

Start 30th October
    ^^ Is that the site that advises you to announce to fellow-players that you're the evilest of the evils on the first day, even when you're not :)

• Advertisement

^^ Is that the site that advises you to announce to fellow-players that you're the evilest of the evils on the first day, even when you're not :)

Indeed :pac:

Okay folks, we need to keep on the recruitment drive. Does anyone fancy sharing this thread with other posters on other sections of boards?

Start 30th October
    I'm in if there is space.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭andy125

sullivlo wrote: »
    Okay folks, we need to keep on the recruitment drive. Does anyone fancy sharing this thread with other posters on other sections of boards?

Would it be worth trying a recruitment thread on AH?

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Nopeare

what is the total number you're looking for to start?

Start 30th October
    andy125 wrote: »
    Would it be worth trying a recruitment thread on AH?

I really think it would. That's where Jayop found everybody for the first game.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

Start 30th October
    I really think it would. That's where Jayop found everybody for the first game.

I am not sure if the Admins and Mods like to do that kind of thing (promoting threads in other fora) - as an experienced mod on boards though, sullivlo will be able to determine the boundaries in that regard.

Not sure if it is possible to do an announcement sticky on the home page? Boards does that for competitions etc. but I think it is likely to be reserved for marketing, sponsored posts and critical site information.

Putting links to the new forum and an announcement regarding the game in all of our signatures might be a small thing we could do to get information across boards out there - sure, not everyone pays attention to, or can see, signatures, but it's a small thing to do and if it even picked up a handful of interested people it might be worth it.

Is 22 players not enough? Frankly, I thought the last game was a bit overcrowded. I found it very difficult to keep up for the first few days. I got almost no work done either :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

Start 30th October
    Is 22 players not enough? Frankly, I thought the last game was a bit overcrowded. I found it very difficult to keep up for the first few days. I got almost no work done either :pac:

that's because you announced yourself at the Whitewalker king day one...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Sully and Andy, can you guys pop over to the other forum when you get a moment. I have a few things done and a few posts added.

Advertisement