Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.ie Game Club #4 Vote

Options
  • 10-10-2016 7:25pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

So after last months... abortion let's try this again.

This week considering the month that is in it the games won't be chosen at random.

List: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1BXV4JxQ05pTB0mlvwpJJElcUThIYV7ZbVv9-4TrUxoY/edit#gid=424478977

Suggestions: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1eajLXCLKLN45Cg44WQeJ5us50MqMRBip_prw5GyTCEE/htmlview?pli=1#gid=514501563

Clock_Tower_(video_game_box_art).jpg

Clock Tower

What is it?: A Super Famicom/SNES classic. Part point and click, part survival horror. Features multiple endings, scares aplenty and liberally 'borrowed' ideas and likenesses from Dario Argento's phenomena.

Platforms: Super Famicom/SNES (fan translated)

Sweet_Home_Japanese_Famicom_box_art.jpg

Sweet Home

What is it?: Before there was Resident Evil there was Sweet Home. Shinji Mikami was heavily influenced by this Famicom classic when creating Resident Evil. Featuring everyone's favourite green and red herbs, character perma death and brutal difficulty. Based on a Japanese film of the same name but who cares, it's Resident Evil on a NES!

Platforms: Famicom/NES (fan translated)

Parasite_Eve_Coverart.png

Parasite Eve

What is it?: A minor Squaresoft classic. Square attempted to meld their own RPG formula to a survival horror and somehow ended up creating one of the best games for the PS1. A real time battle system and a story that lasts about 8 hours make for a fantastically paced RPG that doesn't over stay its welcome. In another move from convention it was one of the few Squaresoft games created by their US division.

Platforms: PlayStation 1 (US only in English, available on US PSN for PSP/Vita/PS3)

Which game? 3 votes

Clock Tower
    0% 0 votes
    Sweet Home
    66% 2 votes
    Parasite Eve
    33% 1 vote

Comments

• Whats your least favorite game? :P

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Well it's more that despite all the votes nobody even played the thing other than one poor unfortunate soul.

• Parasite Eve I say
    Although maybe it was 2 I preferred I can't remeber

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I found PE 2 to be a poor man's Resident Evil clone. PE1 on the other hand is very unique, a short action orientated and cinematic RPG. There's nothing else like it which is unfortunate as it's a heap of fun to play.

You probably played PE2 as the first game never received a European release.

Advertisement