Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Indoor Triathlon 27th Nov 2016 Wexford *suitable for beginners*

Options
  • 10-10-2016 11:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭

Courtown Leisure Centre are hosting an indoor Triathlon on Sunday 27th Nov 2016- swim 750m, exercise bike 15k, treadmill 4k. Entry from €40, which includes 6 weeks coaching. This is very suitable for anyone in the area who wants to start Triathlon, the coaching will be swim-focused and beginner friendly. Teams can also enter, there's a teen aquathlon, emphasis is on getting people into triathlon for the first time, of all ages.

Coach is Alexander Williams, he really knows his stuff and is a very friendly guy. If you are close to North Wexford and looking to get into Triathlon from a low or zero base, this would be a great way to start. More details at "Courtown Adventure & Leisure Centre" on Facebook :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭iAcesHigh

So I presume you cycle on a classic exercise bike meaning the only gear needed are running shoes and maybe tri-suit if you have it... Seems like fun way to start, will suggest to few lads in the office who were dabbling with Tri-idea, maybe even I join them! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭Kurt.Godel

Yes, just running shoes and gear- in fact you don't even need a trisuit! The format works like this:

Swim 750m, timed laps of pool
    Change gear (untimed)
    Bike 15k on exercise bike, timed (all are calibrated for fairness)
    Change gear again if required (untimed)
    Run 4k on treadie (timed)

Swim+Bike+Run gives your total time. Take your time changing gear as it won't be included in your overall time.

I did this a couple of years back, all ages and abilities were doing it, very much beginners friendly though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭Kurt.Godel

Anyone else doing this tomorrow? I'm down for 1pm, for a bit of a November reality check. Ah well, at least fat floats :D

Advertisement