Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Speed downgraded instead of upgraded after 15 months of solid speed

Options
  • 11-10-2016 12:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 7

When e fibre was first installed the profile was 40/10, 2 days later it was upgraded to 50/15. This was July 2015 and it has worked fine ever since. Speedtests are usually 47/14.

My f2000 is in bridge mode so I don't have access to the F2000 stats page unless I run a long wire. I Did this the other day as the net seemed a bit slow. The stats page said:

Upstream line rate (kbit/s):
    Downstream line rate (kbit/s):
    Maximum upstream rate (kbit/s):
    Maximum downstream rate (kbit/s):

So I rang up last Thursday and was told my line could be upgraded to 60/20 within 48 hours. 

Still on 50/15 today so after 10 mins on hold I started a webchat with "tech support" :rolleyes:

long story short after about 90 mins chatting with 3 different agents I was downgraded to 40/10 then 30/8 then I had to ring to get back to even get put back up to 40 no matter how much I protested. This is ridiculous. until 3 earlier today I had been on a 50/15 profile and it has been fine for 15 months. Why the downgrade instead of upgrade?

Can somebody look into this please?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

dk4545 wrote: »
    When e fibre was first installed the profile was 40/10, 2 days later it was upgraded to 50/15. This was July 2015 and it has worked fine ever since. Speedtests are usually 47/14.

My f2000 is in bridge mode so I don't have access to the F2000 stats page unless I run a long wire. I Did this the other day as the net seemed a bit slow. The stats page said:

Upstream line rate (kbit/s):
    Downstream line rate (kbit/s):
    Maximum upstream rate (kbit/s):
    Maximum downstream rate (kbit/s):

So I rang up last Thursday and was told my line could be upgraded to 60/20 within 48 hours. 

Still on 50/15 today so after 10 mins on hold I started a webchat with "tech support" :rolleyes:

long story short after about 90 mins chatting with 3 different agents I was downgraded to 40/10 then 30/8 then I had to ring to get back to even get put back up to 40 no matter how much I protested. This is ridiculous. until 3 earlier today I had been on a 50/15 profile and it has been fine for 15 months. Why the downgrade instead of upgrade?

Can somebody look into this please?
    Hi  dk4545,

Thanks for getting in touch.

I'm afraid I would be unable to amend a speed profile from here and I would reccomend contacting the technical team directly. You can contact them directly on 1890260260 or freephone 1901 option 2.

-Pamela 

• Registered Users Posts: 7 dk4545

[quote=

I'm afraid I would be unable to amend a speed profile from here and I would reccomend contacting the technical team directly. You can contact them directly on 1890260260 or freephone 1901 option 2.

-Pamela [/quote]

Hi Pamela an news on this? You're PM's said you would get the technical team to look into it. I know it can take up to 48 hours for a profile change that's not the issue. The issue is I was downgraded (instantly) and they refuse to upgrade to 60/20 as promised or even revert back to my old profile of 50/15 suggesting they were waiting on more test info.

I am still on 40/10 at the moment. I don't see the issue as the f2000 shows the stats are identical on 40/20 as 50/15?

It's been well over 48 hours since this was downgraded. Almost 2 weeks and nobody has a proper answer for me? Ridiculous

[quote=

-Pamela

Hi Pamela an news on this? You're PM's said you would get the technical team to look into it. I know it can take up to 48 hours for a profile change that's not the issue. The issue is I was downgraded (instantly) and they refuse to upgrade to 60/20 as promised or even revert back to my old profile of 50/15 suggesting they were waiting on more test info.

I am still on 40/10 at the moment. I don't see the issue as the f2000 shows the stats are identical on 40/20 as 50/15?

It's been well over 48 hours since this was downgraded. Almost 2 weeks and nobody has a proper answer for me? Ridiculous[/QUOTE]

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]
    Hi [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]dk4545,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]I sent you a PM yesterday at 1.11pm with an update. Did you receive this? [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Unfortunately the technician team are unable to amend your profile instantly and a manual change has been requested. The lead-time on this is 2-3 working days. [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Pamela [/font]

Hi [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif][/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]I sent you a PM yesterday at 1.11pm with an update. Did you receive this? [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Unfortunately the technician team are unable to amend your profile instantly and a manual change has been requested. The lead-time on this is 2-3 working days. [/font]

Hi Pamela, I saw your pm this morning. Is this a new request or related to Reference 2367757 because that was requested on Thursday 6th October and totally screwed up by the webchat tech support.

Hi [/font]

Hi Pamela, I saw your pm this morning. Is this a new request or related to Reference 2367757 because that was requested on Thursday 6th October and totally screwed up by the webchat tech support.
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]No problem [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]dk4545,[/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]yes it is. This is the request I sent on your behalf Monday afternoon.[/font]

• Advertisement

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]No problem [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif][/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]yes it is. This is the request I sent on your behalf Monday afternoon.[/font]

Thanks Pamela, I appreciate you taking care of this

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]No problem [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]yes it is. This is the request I sent on your behalf Monday afternoon.[/font]

Thanks Pamela, I appreciate you taking care of this
    No problem at all  dk4545 :D

Thanks,
    Pamela 

Advertisement