Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Facebook messenger iOS 10

Options
  • 11-10-2016 8:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭

Since facebook messenger was updated for iOS 10 to include apples call kit which allows VOIP calls to use the regular phone app on the iPhone rather than show up as a notification banner. My problem is I don't get calls on messenger unless I'm actually using the app when someone calls otherwise I just get a missed call notification and my phone never rings . I have updated to all new versions of the app removed it installed again , restored my whole iPhone.

Is anyone else noticing this or is it just me? My current phone is a iPhone 5c I broke my iPhone 6 few months back could it be an issue with the 5c since it's a 32bit phone vs the 64bit used on the 5s and up ?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Do other VOIP apps work? Skype, WhatsApp, etc? If so then I'd be inclined to think it's just a problem with Facebook's app or server. Their software quality is very poor and they've struggled to make fully functioning iOS apps.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭jay93

Do other VOIP apps work? Skype, WhatsApp, etc? If so then I'd be inclined to think it's just a problem with Facebook's app or server. Their software quality is very poor and they've struggled to make fully functioning iOS apps.

The only other one I have on my phone is skype but they updated I think it was 2-3 days ago to include the new call kit integration for iOS 10 and I tested it out multiple times and it works perfectly on Skype . I've noticed a few issues in the latest facebook update too aswell as messenger seems like they can't get it right at all :/ .

Does anyone on older iPhones have this problem the 5/5c ? Doesn't seem to affect newer models like the 5s and up since they are 64bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

I seem to recall they're having issues with callkit.

Zcott wrote: »
    I seem to recall they're having issues with callkit.

Thanks ! I keep reporting it to facebook but I'm not sure if it's even been looked at hopefully they can figure it out soon :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement