Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Silverbanks Baldoyle

Options
  • 11-10-2016 8:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi guys. just noticed a new development going ahead in Baldoyle (beside the Coast development). Can anyone tell me more about this area as we are interested in the apartments when they become available. I've noticed the lack of footpath on that stretch of road which is dangerous considering there are Dublin Bus stops on it. Any more information on the area in general would be much appreciated!
    TIA

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

I received this off the estate agent

We will have a range of different properties in this scheme launching in early spring to include the following;

1 Bed Apartments

2 Bed Apartments

3 Bed Apartments

3 Bed Duplex

4 Bed Houses

The site is phenomenal and boasts panoramic sea views which you would of seen in the advert with protected land never to be built on in front. Prices are not yet set but I can give you a guide if you let me know what is of interest? Roughly speaking there will be prices from approximately €160,000 - €395,000 depending on house types.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 maire38

Hi I am interested on 2 bed apartment do you have any knowledge of the price and when more exact will be available to buy...?

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭gabria

Hello I am preparing to view the showhouses next month in this development. I cycled around the development today, it looks well progressed and tidy, however will reserve buyers judgement until the builders fences come down

I am going to contact the agent for an update on the showing and some other questions, but I am wondering if anyone is familiar with the general Coast development / red arches estate. I just noticed a few of the existing houses unoccupied and though not too much of a concern I wonder has any part of the estate been earmarked for social housing ?

Anyone know about the playing pitches and parkland nearby, which is near a little river. Any problems with flooding or swampy ground ?

I have been living in the estate since 2006. In fact I think we were one of the first people to move in. The Coast is quiet, safe area. There are great transportation links with Clongriffin (10Minutes) and Bayside (15Minutes) away. You also have access to the 102, 32, 15 and 29A bus routes.

In regards to the empty houses, some are social housing, but the majority are privately owned. I'm not sure if the council privately rents some properties to house people, or if they own them physically. I'm not so sure the playing pitches (Baldoyle racecourse park) are near a river, but the park adjacent to the developments is close to Baldoyle estuary. No floods ever, but sometimes the parks become waterlogged grass. Nothing to severe, so I wouldn't worry about it.

Baldoyle has everything you would expect schools, supermarkets, takeaways and pubs. It's a quiet area, and I have been leaving there all my life. It certainly isn't a posh area, but it's not a kip. A quiet, small town where you can live, and raise your family safely.

If you have any specific questions, your more than welcome to ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Baldoyle123

Hi. I just received an email from Savills with provisional prices. 1 bed apartment from €160000, 2 bed apartment from €250000, 2 bed house from €270000, 3 bed apartment/duplex from €275000 & 4 bed house from €375000.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭mel123

Personally i think these prices are too - probably aimed at the first time buyers, but id be really careful as to what to buy if your thinking about it. The area of Baldoyle is lovely, you cant fault it, id just be worried that the value of these houses/apartments would end up like, look at all the other big developments in the area (and not just Baldoyle for the record).

They are definitely more expensive than I thought they'd be. From €270000 for a 2 bed terraced house with no garden seems steep.

My parents bought a bed Semi in the coast in 2006 for 650K, it's now worth 475 - 500K. So the prices for the new builds are pretty cheap tbh.

They are definitely more expensive than I thought they'd be. From €270000 for a 2 bed terraced house with no garden seems steep.

Those particular houses are the southernmost located, if you look on the brochure. Also just over 1000 sq ft for a 2 bed house is alright IMO.

Overall I think the prices are not bad but also have to think about the property management fees, I've asked the agent this but might be a bit early to know?

The first phase in Belltree had 3 bedroom houses with gardens from €295000. There's a 3 bedroom house for sale in Clongriffin for €230000 & a 2 bed semi detached house for €235000. Also in silverbanks, the 3 bed duplex/apartments are only 5k dearer than the 2 bed house.

• Advertisement

gabria wrote: »
    Those particular houses are the southernmost located, if you look on the brochure. Also just over 1000 sq ft for a 2 bed house is alright IMO.

Overall I think the prices are not bad but also have to think about the property management fees, I've asked the agent this but might be a bit early to know?

For residents in the coast, management fees are about 600 PA

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭eoinola

onlly 55 units available - will there be a big line and a scramble at the gate?

eoinola wrote: »
    onlly 55 units available - will there be a big line and a scramble at the gate?

Phase 1.

The first phase in Belltree had 3 bedroom houses with gardens from €295000. There's a 3 bedroom house for sale in Clongriffin for €230000 & a 2 bed semi detached house for €235000. Also in silverbanks, the 3 bed duplex/apartments are only 5k dearer than the 2 bed house.

All of those are getting further to the flight path of crossing planes though. Particularly Beltree, I was there once and there was a big sonic boom from the planes passing almost directly overhead. Phase I of Silverbanks is OK, but anywhere north of Clongriffin station is going to have these issues. Such noises may not put one off buying but may put off prospective tenants or the next buyers

• Registered Users Posts: 4 SKC101

Hi,

Spoke to the estate agent this week and they are expecting the prices to increase between €10-€15k for apartments and also they do not come with any flooring. Just bathrooms and kitchen cabinets

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭eoinola

SKC101 wrote: »
    Hi,

Spoke to the estate agent this week and they are expecting the prices to increase between €10-€15k for apartments and also they do not come with any flooring. Just bathrooms and kitchen cabinets

thats not good! Probably as a result of the help to buy scheme..

Is there a viewing tonight?

Theres about 5/6 quesing across the road from them atm.

Is there a viewing tonight?

Theres about 5/6 quesing across the road from them atm.

Hi, I think there's a viewing on Thursday 16th from 1-3pm. But they might be having one today as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭CFC007

Hi, I think there's a viewing on Thursday 16th from 1-3pm. But they might be having one today as well.

Let us know if you hear of a viewing happening today!

• Registered Users Posts: 42 quinda

No viewing until Thursday. Those in the queue are waiting for 1pm Thursday. Sleeping bags at the ready. Crazy stuff

• Advertisement

The estate is packed. Jesus Christ.

mel123 wrote: »

"Malahide resident XYZ (46) started queuing at 11.45am yesterday.
    "It is a good opportunity for an investment," she said.

"I'm looking for a one-bed apartment and it would be quite handy to have it here as we are only up the road.

"I have been living in Malahide for 12 years and we think the time is right for an investment like this but we have been looking for two months."

......... hard to imagine someone being happy to speel on about a good investment opportunity a few years after €160k could have bought so much more. Named in the indo too.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭Col_30

Augeo wrote: »

"I'm looking for a one-bed apartment and it would be quite handy to have it here as we are only up the road.

"I have been living in Malahide for 12 years and we think the time is right for an investment like this but we have been looking for two months."

......... hard to imagine someone being happy to speel on about a good investment opportunity a few years after €160k could have bought so much more. Named in the indo too.

She's about 4 years too late!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭mel123

Augeo wrote: »

Im no property guru, but i follow the market with interest as the family are in it, i do not see how these are an investment...at all!!!!

A good investment buy would be around the city/smithfield/stonybatter etc etc with the college, but I dont see any investment opportunity around Baldoyle. Its a great neighbourhood IMO, great transport links, but to me them prices are just way too high.

I don't think investors should be allowed into these new builds. First priority should be able who plan on living there.

Col_30 wrote: »
    She's about 4 years too late!

Yup, we all know prices fluctuate but buying for investment now after sharp increases in resent years coupled with the CGT relief no longer being available (the thing introduced in 2011, was extended to 2016 iirc) is IMO looney.

Talk about missing the boat.

Just back from the viewing. The houses are nice, but not huge. Good value imo. The 1100sq ft house are 370. In 2006 1400sqft houses sold for 650+ but they included gardens.

The penthouse is amazing looking. I wonder how much that's selling for.

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭CFC007

Was 370k a typo for 1100sq ft?
    Just back from the viewing. The houses are nice, but not huge. Good value imo. The 1100sq ft house are 370. In 2006 1400sqft houses sold for 650+ but they included gardens.

The penthouse is amazing looking. I wonder how much that's selling for.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

CFC007 wrote: »
    Was 370k a typo for 1100sq ft?

From what I've seen that's correct. Pretty standard for the area.

Advertisement