Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Silverbanks Baldoyle

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

CFC007 wrote: »
    Was 370k a typo for 1100sq ft?

Nope. 370 is the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 festygirl

That is a typo the 4 bedso are 1663 square feet and they are big

festygirl wrote: »
    That is a typo the 4 bedso are 1663 square feet and they are big

OH!! Didn't feel bug today, but I suppose it's over 3 stories.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

http://search.savills.com/en-ie/property-detail/gbnewhdun160627#/r/detail/GBNEWHDUN160627

4 beds were 370K where they? That's actually not too bad. I thought the 3 bed duplexes or what ever they were were the 370K ones.

OH!! Didn't feel bug today, but I suppose it's over 3 stories.

Yeah I'm a bit dubious on the sizes there too. Looking at the plans (which aren't scaled to be fair but you can judge from the beds/sinks etc.) either I'm in a bigger house than I thought or 1663sq foot is quite 'generous'. They look closer to 1300-1400. Not overly enamored with the layout of the 4 bed but it wouldn't be a deal breaker.

Perhaps including the patio in the measurements? Is that all you get in terms of outside?

Edit: Actually quite taken with the 2 beds how much did they go for?

• Advertisement

From 245K. 764 sq ft.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 festygirl

The 2 beds were 270, the 4 beds have been generous storage spaces also

festygirl wrote: »
    The 2 beds were 270, the 4 beds have been generous storage spaces also

That's the townhouses. The apartments were 245K.

Your right, there's alot of storage space.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭gabria

I am :( today. Joined the queue no earlier than 12.30, I didn't want to get caught up in the booking madness, and knew from the point of joining that it would be difficult to get even near the gold-dust two bed terrace. in the end had to be satisfied with getting a look at the four-bed terrace, rowan house and the courtyard.

On to the next phase then, they said this is going to be launched very soon as well. I think they are all in the same structure as Rowan house, most of which looked neat

Its every man for himself from here on in ....

The queue formed on Tuesday at lunch time. So joining today was always going to make your chance of getting a property unlikely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭jus_me

Hi everyone,
    Has anyone managed to secure an apartment in Rowan House yesterday?
    I managed to get one after queuing. The people in the queue were fab and great crack!!

I was left with the choice of the pokey 2 bed apartment on the ground floor so I had to pass :(.
    Fortunately yes there were no nasty people around the queue. I chatted away civilly with "the competition" whilst waiting
    Another lengthy queue probably for todays viewings though? I'm not going

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Baldoyle123

I went up to see them today. The 2 bed houses looked lovely but they are all sold out & they won't have anymore in the next phase. I didn't like the 4 bed house. I thought the kitchen was very small & wasn't mad about the layout. The 3 bed penthouse apartment was lovely, but unless I win the lotto, I won't be getting it. The next phase will have about 150, so hopefully I might get something then.

I went up to see them today. The 2 bed houses looked lovely but they are all sold out & they won't have anymore in the next phase. I didn't like the 4 bed house. I thought the kitchen was very small & wasn't mad about the layout. The 3 bed penthouse apartment was lovely, but unless I win the lotto, I won't be getting it. The next phase will have about 150, so hopefully I might get something then.

Did you find out how much the penthouse is?

Did you find out how much the penthouse is?

I think it was €365000. But they said it & a couple of other ones were sale by private treaty. I'm not 100% sure what that means. I did hear that a 1 bed penthouse apartment sold by private treaty before they were even launched. Someone emailed Savills with an offer which was accepted.

Private Treaty is essentially just the normal process AFAIK.

Sounds like someone knew the developers, which is fair enough - it's not a public service they're providing it's a private business.

I think it was €365000. But they said it & a couple of other ones were sale by private treaty. I'm not 100% sure what that means. I did hear that a 1 bed penthouse apartment sold by private treaty before they were even launched. Someone emailed Savills with an offer which was accepted.

one of them was that price as it was the show unit, the other 3 bed place was 335000 with a little less floor-space and no flooring installed. Be intrigued to see how these private treaties went. They are a bit out of my price-range as well, and I am not so sure about the "funky warehouse" look that seems to be the norm for these Irish penthouses. I think the management fees are a lot steeper for these too

I just heard from Savills. The maintenance fees for the houses in phase 1 will be approximately €510 & the maintenance fees for phase 2 will be approximately €670.

The coast currently for 3 bed houses with the garage is <500.

Also the council is taking over The Coast, so I don't see why they are not taking over Silverbanks and thus no management fees.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

The coast currently for 3 bed houses with the garage is <500.

Also the council is taking over The Coast, so I don't see why they are not taking over Silverbanks and thus no management fees.

Taking in charge does not automatically mean no management fees, in fact councils almost never take everything in charge in a development.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 RobiS

Phase 2 will have 150 units to sell? (if Yes that's really great news!)
    How many units were in phase 1?

RobiS wrote: »

About, 50

I think phase 1 had 55. Phase 2 will have 150. Several apartment blocks and duplexs - with apartments on top.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 letmehave

Would anyone know if the floor plan of the 3 beds duplex is same as phase 1? And any idea how much would it be? 
    Thanks!

letmehave wrote: »
    Would anyone know if the floor plan of the 3 beds duplex is same as phase 1? And any idea how much would it be?
    Thanks!

There are no duplexes or terraced houses in phase II, its all apartments with a similar structure to Rowan House. Latest update from the site - they won't be showing anything in advance of the launch.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 JohnnyC81

There are 10 3 bed duplexes in phase 2, the ones on the north side of Red Arches Avenue. They were initially supposed to be in phase 1 but got held back to phase 2 as far as I know. They definitely weren't for sale the first time around.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 maire38

It is someone who has signed the contract.......

• Registered Users Posts: 13 RobiS

Hi,

Does anyone know what will be the maintenance fee for 2 bed apartment in phase 2?
    I've also heard there will be only 50 units in phase 2 for sale, not as initially said 150...it looks like another big line of people will be trying to get a property...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Hi,

Does anyone know what will be the maintenance fee for 2 bed apartment in phase 2?

It will be a percentage of the development budget. Will vary year on year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 SKC101

Does anyone know when Phase 2 is going on sale or going on show?

Advertisement