Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Silverbanks Baldoyle

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13 RobiS

They will be on sale closer to the end of May

• Registered Users Posts: 4 SKC101

Cool, is that what the estate agents are saying? I looked at the website but it gave no indication of actual hard dates

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

RobiS wrote: »
    They will be on sale closer to the end of May

Really? Because they look no where near done. Even a show house doesn't look complete. Or will they be the same as phase 1

I think they will be on sale in the end of May but ready to move in September.
    I know there is no clear information. I was trying to find out how many units will be on sale in phase 2 and they are not sure,they said it will be probably around 50-60, but on the website it says 150....

• Registered Users Posts: 2 rats505

Savills have said 59 units in phase 2, no floor plans yet though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 letmehave

rats505 wrote: »
    Savills have said 59 units in phase 2, no floor plans yet though
    Does that mean there will be phase 3 (or phase 2.5)... for the rest of the units (they said on the website "There are 155 properties currently under construction in Phase 2 of Silverbanks")?

Does anyone know if people who bought in phase 1 have alredy been living in their properties?
    Looks like is going to be phase 3 lunched in september and around 100 units then...

Does anyone know if people who bought in phase 1 have alredy been living in their properties?
    Looks like is going to be phase 3 lunched in september and around 100 units then...

No one has moved in. I'm living in red arches and there still working on the exterior. Windows gone in during the last week.

Anyone knows if there will be any units prepared for social housing in this development?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

Anyone knows if there will be any units prepared for social housing in this development?

Yes. All developments above 10 or so houses have to have social housing now. In the past, the developer could opt to buy out this obligation, but this is no longer.

So it depends on when planning was granted or more recently retained.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 SHNEY

Let's not let this post be about anything but the discussion that it is meant to be. An opinion was given, next poster comes in with sarcasm, then others give their views on these 2 posts and the posts go totally off topic and become personal. Let's just be nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭trobbin

SHNEY wrote: »
    Let's not let this post be about anything but the discussion that it is meant to be. An opinion was given, next poster comes in with sarcasm, then others give their views on these 2 posts and the posts go totally off topic and become personal. Let's just be nice.

Is this in response to the social housing inquiry? It's a relative question to any new development.

<mod snip>

No, it was in relation to a later post, a response to the one above.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭alwald

Is there any news about a possible phase 3?

My mum was saying there are people queuing already.

I believe they are just marking their spots but not staying there overnight, sounds a good idea to me :-)

Yes, Savills have confirmed that there will a phase 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭soirish

People are queuing four days in advance for these Dublin properties
    https://www.joe.ie/news/people-queuing-4-days-advance-dublin-properties-587588

They can queue all they like, but it's not an official line and they can't prevent others showing up on the day and buying first.

There are already about 20 people queuing with chairs and sleeping bags.Looks like a lot of people hunting for 1 bed apartment.

• Advertisement

Hollister, are you hoping to buy one there?

SHNEY wrote: »
    Hollister, are you hoping to buy one there?

No, I just follow with interest as I have been living in The Coast for 11 years.

The line is gone now. I guess they were told to leave.

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭AsianDub

Were they given tickets do you know? How does this all work?

Ah, I thought you had inside information that the queue would not be treated as a queue. I don't think it would be very nice for someone to come and skip the queue after people sleeping there. But sure it doesn't apply anymore if the queue is gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Jctccon

I'm confused about the process. Can anybody who bought in the last phase let me know if the queue was just to view the properties or to put a deposit down. Was this done at the preview stage?? Was there also queues for he launch??Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

Queueing is only a courtesy thing and not validly enforceable. You are not there to make friends or impress any potential neighbours, so I would not pay attention to any queue.

As far as I see it, the harder you push the faster you get there. If you are a viable option with proof of funds in hand, that is all that matters. Unfortunately that is what it has come to if you want the property. These properties are very reasonable and that's what is going to cause the friction.

I wasn't talking about what is legal or 'enforceable'. It's not about making friends either, I agree with that. I don't agree that you should lose respect for others just because you want something be it something small or something as important as a property. Anyone who is willing to sleep outside and queue for days obviously wants/needs a property badly and I think it would be disgusting behaviour for anyone to come and interfere with that. A person that is willing to do that is happy to step on anyone's toes to get what they want. If everyone did that in society there would be chaos. Because of that type of person the Gardai have had to be called in.

I don't know the exact details but I do know that in Phase 1 they started queuing on Tuesday for a the pre-launch on the Thursday. AFAIK, they had to have proof of funds to be able to put down a deposit. Pre-launch does not release all the units for sale in the current phase. Some are kept for the weekend launch (but I would guess that the people that got nothing on the Thursday would get priority on the week-end launch). I suggest you contact the estate agent. Hope that helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Jctccon

Thanks Shney. That helped a lot. I have had no luck getting through to estate agent unfortunately.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭alwald

Did anybody go to the viewing today? If so was there a big queue?

Advertisement