Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Silverbanks Baldoyle

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,327 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

myshirt wrote: »
    Queueing is only a courtesy thing and not validly enforceable. You are not there to make friends or impress any potential neighbours, so I would not pay attention to any queue.

As far as I see it, the harder you push the faster you get there. If you are a viable option with proof of funds in hand, that is all that matters. Unfortunately that is what it has come to if you want the property. These properties are very reasonable and that's what is going to cause the friction.

Your going to have a great next 20 years pushing past your neighbors on day 1.

It might (and only might) get you the house but you will be the pariah of the neighborhood which will land past you and onto your kids .Irish people have very long memories for this type of stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,435 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

looked what happened in Shelbyville

• Registered Users Posts: 13 RobiS

alwald wrote: »
    Did anybody go to the viewing today? If so was there a big queue?

The people who started queuing on Monday were given numbers so they went to buy first. The rest were waiting outside (around 100 people).
    As far as I know all 1 bed apartments which were available to buy for today were sold out.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 JohnnyC81

Are they the same show houses this time around? Is there a 3 bed duplex on show now?

JohnnyC81 wrote: »
    Are they the same show houses this time around? Is there a 3 bed duplex on show now?

They didn't show any 3 bed duplex. Only rooms in penthouse were on show.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Monkeyjoe

Does anyone have a copy of the pricing leaflet for phase 2. I am interested in 2 or 3 beds.

Monkeyjoe wrote: »
    Does anyone have a copy of the pricing leaflet for phase 2. I am interested in 2 or 3 beds.
    I know only for 2 beds apartments:
    First floor 79sqm €260000
    Third floor 83sqm €265000
    Second floor (triangle shape) 98sqm €260000
    Ground floor 78sqm (sea side) €265000

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭alwald

I am just curious to know if all the 1 bed apartments are gone and for what price? they will most likely release more for phase 3 so it will be interesting to see if there is any price difference!

I am just curious to know if all the 1 bed apartments are gone and for what price? they will most likely release more for phase 3 so it will be interesting to see if there is any price difference!
    All one bed had gone in the first day of sale (the majority of people queuing few days before release wanted to get one of one them so they are very popular) The price ranged, the cheapest from 155k the average would be 160-165k not sure how much the most expensive but I think those with the sea side and top floor.
    The agent said they will be some in phase 3 as well.

Their Daft ad was updated and there are only 2 bed apartments left, it seems that there is a huge demand for 1 bed flats, shouldn't they build more 1 bed flats as a Result of this? It does make sense since the demand for them is massive!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭mel123

anyone know what way the prices compared from phase 1 to phase 2?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭mel123

Their Daft ad was updated and there are only 2 bed apartments left, it seems that there is a huge demand for 1 bed flats, shouldn't they build more 1 bed flats as a Result of this? It does make sense since the demand for them is massive!

They obviously didnt anticipate the demand. They cant just change now, they have planning permission for whats on sale, it would be a massive task to scrap say one block of x, plan and resubmit planning for another block of y.

mel123 wrote:
    They obviously didnt anticipate the demand. They cant just change now, they have planning permission for whats on sale, it would be a massive task to scrap say one block of x, plan and resubmit planning for another block of y.

What you are saying makes sense, however, in the context of the current housing crisis, the county council should allow flexibility and changes in order to build more units that are on demand and affordable.
    On another note, Savills don't seem to be registered with the revenue as a contractor and thus the first time buyer scheme isn't available when buying their properties, such a shame.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭uli84

Im assuming these are bought to be rented

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭CFC007

Why would Savillis be registered as a contractor when their the sales agents.
    What you are saying makes sense, however, in the context of the current housing crisis, the county council should allow flexibility and changes in order to build more units that are on demand and affordable.
    On another note, Savills don't seem to be registered with the revenue as a contractor and thus the first time buyer scheme isn't available when buying their properties, such a shame.

CFC007 wrote: »
    Why would Savillis be registered as a contractor when their the sales agents.

My bad, I just assumed that Savills were in charge of both building and selling since there is no mention of the contractor's name, which is surprising taking into consideration that advertising the HTB scheme will attract more potential buyers....can anybody share the name of the contractor please?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

My bad, I just assumed that Savills were in charge of both building and selling since there is no mention of the contractor's name, which is surprising taking into consideration that advertising the HTB scheme will attract more potential buyers....can anybody share the name of the contractor please?

The contractor is MDY.
    The company who owns the project is Ballymore

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭polarbelly

Anyone know if there are any shops etc planned in nearby?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 SHNEY

UnaAnn87 wrote: »
    Hi guys. just noticed a new development going ahead in Baldoyle (beside the Coast development). Can anyone tell me more about this area as we are interested in the apartments when they become available. I've noticed the lack of footpath on that stretch of road which is dangerous considering there are Dublin Bus stops on it. Any more information on the area in general would be much appreciated!
    TIA

I don't know if they need to attract more buyers?

polarbelly wrote: »
    Anyone know if there are any shops etc planned in nearby?

The unit beside silverbanks up with the first proper houses in red arches has planning permission for a cafe. It's been a year, work has been going on but nothing has come of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭badbeatcentral

Hey guys, does anyone have an idea when Phase 3 is due to launch? and if indicative prices are available?

Hey guys, does anyone have an idea when Phase 3 is due to launch? and if indicative prices are available?

In September,
    Savills has said the prices should go a little higher then in phase 2 or stay the same, they not sure yet.
    There will be around 70-80 apartments available.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Nastygal2511

Hi Guys, just wondering if anyone here was turned away from Quinn and ft a number from Savilles? How did that work? Thanks

Facebook group called Red Arches Residents if anyone is interested

https://www.facebook.com/groups/RedArchesResidents/

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Konka

Anyone bought in Silverbanks phase 2? Lawyer advising of bankruptcy-liquidation, any news to share? Tips?

Konka wrote: »
    Anyone bought in Silverbanks phase 2? Lawyer advising of bankruptcy-liquidation, any news to share? Tips?

What?

What?

We placed a booking fee and received the contracts recently, however our lawyer advised us not to continue with the purchase as the developer is in bankruptcy and a step away from liquidation, anyone else is in the same situation? Can anyone give us some good news?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 maire38

Who is the developer..?

maire38 wrote: »
    Who is the developer..?

As per Savill's email: Helsingor Ltd in Receivership

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 maire38

As far we did not hear anything about this. We both an apartment in the first phase paid half a deposit an now we are waiting the revenue refund, which should be this week. I check the revenue site and they still there as approved developer. Monday we will call ours lawyer, and I will let you know about any news....

Advertisement