Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Silverbanks Baldoyle

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Konka

Thank you Marie38, we really appyour help. We are extremely worried about this

Is it the same developer as yours?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 maire38

Yes we have the same developer. Who is your solicitor....?

Brian Cunneen is our solicitor.

That's what he said last Friday:
    Receivership is one small step away from total liquidation of the builder. For example if a plumbing company or a supplier on site isn't paid in time, they could cause huge problems.

If liquidation happens, the development will just stop dead in its tracks and it will be an unholy mess.it could be years before it is sorted out!

In summary I, and probably your bank as well, would have serious issues with you trying to buy off this builder as there are serious risks with doing business with a company which is already in liquidation

If I were you, I would think twice about this!

Kind regards
    Brian

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 maire38

Probably he have right, but I am wonder why NAMA would work with someone like them, and also why Fingal Council has plans for another 550 units right beside Siverbanks ,with the same developer..........at Silverbank I think ....not sure money are coming from Mazars...... and the benefits are shares between NAMA, Mazars, Helsingor and constructor MDY.....this is my one opinion... will see ...

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Monkeyjoe

I wouldn't worry about that as they are NAMA controlled. So NAMA provides the funding.

http://www.independent.ie/business/irish/firm-controlled-by-nama-eyes-huge-housing-plan-for-dublin-35090445.html

Konka wrote: »
    That's what he said last Friday:
    Receivership is one small step away from total liquidation of the builder. For example if a plumbing company or a supplier on site isn't paid in time, they could cause huge problems.

If liquidation happens, the development will just stop dead in its tracks and it will be an unholy mess.it could be years before it is sorted out!

In summary I, and probably your bank as well, would have serious issues with you trying to buy off this builder as there are serious risks with doing business with a company which is already in liquidation

If I were you, I would think twice about this!

Kind regards
    Brian

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

12 Rowan House - 3 bed penthouse Is up for rent for €2800 a month.

Sick.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 letmehave

Has anyone who purchased from phase 1 moved in?

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭jus_me

Not yet I've heard it will be the 1st week of August.

Any one else have updates?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42 SK101

I've heard 1st week of August as well, almost 6 months after putting down a booking deposit.  Anyone in Phase 2 will be looking at the new year

I would agree - I'd say it be Jan for phase two - a pity I'd imagine people would love to be in before Christmas !

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭maupat

SK101 wrote: »
    I've heard 1st week of August as well, almost 6 months after putting down a booking deposit.  Anyone in Phase 2 will be looking at the new year

Was the 1st week in August the timeline you were given? And do you expect your dwelling to be ready by then?

Thanks

I was initially told June latest - now they're saying August.

Does anyone who's buying in Silverbanks (or currently lives at the coast) have more than one car - but only gets one car parking spot with their place?

I wonder what parking be like...

• Registered Users Posts: 42 SK101

maupat wrote: »
    SK101 wrote: »

Was the 1st week in August the timeline you were given? And do you expect your dwelling to be ready by then?

Thanks

In February we were told end of April, then start of May, then start of June, then end of June, then 2nd week of July, and now first week of August.
    As far as I know it will be 1 space per apartment/house, over/above ground depending on your house/apartment.  We were told by the estate agents you could purchase a second space for €10,000

10,000! surely there will be some additional places to park if needed.

Hopefully there's sufficient visitor spaces etc..

• Registered Users Posts: 5 letmehave

In February we were told end of April, then start of May, then start of June, then end of June, then 2nd week of July, and now first week of August.
    That sounds so frustrating! Hopeful wishing for the phase II will move in before the Christmas...

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Sarah 3

Hi any updates on moving in or snagging has everyone's property been snagged. Are the builders having holidays in August.

jus_me wrote: »
    I was initially told June latest - now they're saying August.

Does anyone who's buying in Silverbanks (or currently lives at the coast) have more than one car - but only gets one car parking spot with their place?

I wonder what parking be like...

We live in the coast in one of the semi-detached house. We have parking in our drive. The worst is people parking outside your house in the road, very inconsiderate.

Once someone park in front of my neighbours driveway and blocked her in, he didn't see what the big deal was!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Klonker

Seems to be a 2 bed apartment and a 3 bed duplex still available from phase 2, I wonder why they getting it hard to sell them?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭09_09_09

Klonker wrote: »
    Seems to be a 2 bed apartment and a 3 bed duplex still available from phase 2, I wonder why they getting it hard to sell them?

I cannot find any information regarding the availability of 3 bed duplex? May I know where did you get the information?

We currently have two properties remaining for sale at Silverbanks. Both properties are 2 bed apartments and range from €250,000 to €275,000
    http://search.savills.com/en-ie/property-detail/gbnewhdun160627#/r/detail/GBNEWHDUN160627

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭badbeatcentral

Klonker wrote: »

From attending the viewing, my understanding is that these two properties aren't part of the Birch, Willow or Ash blocks which is where the majority of units on sale in Phase 2 were.

These are separate duplexes on Red Arches Avenue above/adjacent to the agent's offices/reception. Without knowing much more i'd say that impacts saleability slightly compared to the units in the main blocks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Redplace

I bought a three bed duplex with garden in Red Arches at the end of 2013 for 200,000 which was 60% lower than the initial selling price. That is the lowest price they went to. The one bed apartment was about 100,000 at the time. All the properties went up by 30% in a few months. It is a good area, there will be a greenway built at the entrance to the estate which will go the Swords. Also on the racecourse there will be a retirement home and a hotel with a leisure centre. The area does need more schools.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 SKC101

Is the race course on the left or right as you enter the coast estate?

SKC101 wrote: »
    Is the race course on the left or right as you enter the coast estate?

Technically the entire estate is the former racecourse. But now probably the right hand side.

Well 550 units have received planning permission to be built on ghee land between clongriffin, red Arches and myrtle.

Absolute joke. Why don't they bury us in house. Give us some breathing space ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭mazza

Well 550 units have received planning permission to be built on ghee land between clongriffin, red Arches and myrtle.

Absolute joke. Why don't they bury us in house. Give us some breathing space ffs

"Absolute joke. Why don't they bury us in house. Give us some breathing space ffs," said the existing residents of Baldoyle when planning permission was given for The Coast.

Such is life. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭vmb

Amazing! the more people living in the area the better.

More services will be available. I've been living in Clongriffin just 1 year and the increase of population is very significative.

Great news!

I can't understand people complaining about new developments.

It looks like they are afraid of increase of housing supply / decreasing of house prices in the area. If this is true, it is a very selfish point of view

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭badbeatcentral

Hey guys, Sorry new to this and I just had a query on timing.

For phase 2 - When would the developers expect to receive full payment? i.e. when would the mortgage draw down? If there's a 6-9 month lag between placing a holding deposit to secure a property and the completion/move in date.

Also how does this impact availing of the Help to Buy scheme? If mortgage isn't drawn down til Q1 2018 (i.e. on completion of the property) does this mean you'd be unlikely to be able to avail of the tax rebate?

• Advertisement

We got our tax rebate (help to buy) approved in May and it was payed to the developers end of May and we're drawing down the mortgage in August (Phase 1)

So it is possible to do it before draw-down...once you secure a property you can start the process for help to buy.

Has anyone purchased an additional car space??? or do you think there will be plenty on room for people to park ? any car-park advise would be great ... currently contemplation spending the €10,000 on a space it's madness.

Advertisement