Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Silverbanks Baldoyle

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

People are in Rowan House anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Mick JD

I rang Savills and they reckon Birch House (Phase 2) will be snagging sometime in October.

Also Phase 3 to launch early to mid October.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Sarah 3

We are in phase and not fully snagged yet

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Konka

Guys just a quick question.
    Does anyone know how many squares meters can vary the property from the offered and purchased, to the received? We believe our property is smaller than agreed....

If I was a couple of years older I'd love to buy an apartment here.

I have lived in Red Arches with my parents since the estate open, but Silverbanks is lovely. The apartment facing the park and the sea would be fantastic to own.

• Advertisement

Mick JD wrote: »
    I rang Savills and they reckon Birch House (Phase 2) will be snagging sometime in October.

Also Phase 3 to launch early to mid October.

Have you any news regarding timeframe of Birch House?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Grawns

Konka wrote: »
    Does anyone know how many squares meters can vary the property from the offered and purchased, to the received? We believe our property is smaller than agreed....

I don't think the size can vary but the layout can. So rooms can be smaller and corridors bigger. Am open to correction!

Grawns wrote: »
    I don't think the size can vary but the layout can. So rooms can be smaller and corridors bigger. Am open to correction!

So what happens if we are missing around 20sqm of the total? Is there any way to claim?

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭CoconutSky
    Taken

Phase 3 of Silverbanks ~ does anyone know when the launch date will be? I’m getting no information from Savills. Very eager to purchase an apartment in the last phase.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,504 ✭✭✭caviardreams

So what happens if we are missing around 20sqm of the total? Is there any way to claim?

Often you will find the small print states that size measurements are an estimate and that buyers should satisfy themselves re accuracy themselves etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Klonker

Konka wrote:

What type/size did you buy and in which phase? I wonder so they include balconys in measurements.

We bought Phase 2, 2 bed apartment (91sqm). As per the lawyer information, the balconies shouldn't be included as a living space

Konka I'm not sure the answer to your question but if you have a stairwell it would be worth checking if it has been included in the measurement.

I queried this at the time of purchase and the agents couldn't clarify so we ended up going for a different unit.

CoconutSky wrote: »
    Phase 3 of Silverbanks ~ does anyone know when the launch date will be? I’m getting no information from Savills. Very eager to purchase an apartment in the last phase.

Last I heard 28th of October but until that's confirmed they can push it out further.

Have you any news regarding timeframe of Birch House?

Last I heard from the agents snagging can start first/second week in November. But buyers before us have been delayed so we may well be delayed too (that's just my opinion Savills didn't say that)

All the apartments will be ready for snagging at about the same time so the pressure on the builder to complete all the snag lists together could be another source of delay.

Mick JD wrote: »
    Konka I'm not sure the answer to your question but if you have a stairwell it would be worth checking if it has been included in the measurement.

I queried this at the time of purchase and the agents couldn't clarify so we ended up going for a different unit.

Hi Mike, unfortunately I have no stairwell, and as far as I know the balconies are not included.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭alwald

Prices increased for the 3rd phase in comparison with the second phase.
    Does anyone remember the prices advertised for the first phase?

For 1 beds prices were 155K in phase one, They're 180K in phase 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭alwald

25K jump in few months :eek::eek::eek:.
    I am wondering if people will queue for them now!!

The mortgage repayment will still be cheaper then rent on similar properties.

1 bed in Silverbanks to buy = Max ATM €750 a month,

Rent on a similar property in Red Arches or Myrtle is around 1200

• Advertisement

Anyone know when is the showhouse for phase 3?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭commited

2 beds still look like decent value @ €220k

commited wrote: »

That really is good value. What size are they?

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭badbeatcentral

How much are the 3 beds in Phase 3 anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭MSVforever

commited wrote: »

That's great value in the current market. I think they're min. 900 sqf.
    I can see long queues over the next few days...

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭you2008

you2008 wrote: »
    Hi, any queue yet?

Nope.

People began queuing Sunday night.
    But they were sent home on Monday.

Search Silverbanks Baldoyle on Facebook for the group.

you2008 wrote: »
    Hi, any queue yet?

I think the prelaunch is on today between 11 and 1 so anyone down there is prob in Sycamore House.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭badbeatcentral

Queues down there today, they showed a 1 bed and 2 bed in Sycamore but were selling all phase 3 apartments (Oak and Alder too).

All 1 beds in phase 3 sold according to Savills.

Advertisement