Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phone upgrade please recommend

Options
  • 11-10-2016 8:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭

Hi guys
    I need some options on phone upgrade I am currently on pay as you go Vodafone and have a Motorola Moto G XT1068 (second generation with dual SIM) 8gb model. I want to upgrade can anyone recommend a phone for up to €200. Was also looking at cex shop to trade up but need to get this phone checked\tested but it's unlocked and grade A so should be worth €102 trade voucher.
    Phone camera not a deal breaker just use apps like boards adverts Amazon hotukdeals eBay aldi lidl no games. Web browsing.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭feargale

I hope I'm not posting in the wrong thread. If so feel free to move my post.
    Anytime I've changed my mobile the trader has made a mess of transferring my numbers, losing half of them, and I get some excuse or other. Should this happen? Does it happen to everybody? I can't imagine that there isn't a simple way to properly transfer numbers. Please advise.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

jhud wrote: »
    Hi guys
    I need some options on phone upgrade I am currently on pay as you go Vodafone and have a Motorola Moto G XT1068 (second generation with dual SIM) 8gb model. I want to upgrade can anyone recommend a phone for up to €200. Was also looking at cex shop to trade up but need to get this phone checked\tested but it's unlocked and grade A so should be worth €102 trade voucher.
    Phone camera not a deal breaker just use apps like boards adverts Amazon hotukdeals eBay aldi lidl no games. Web browsing.

Thanks

Does it have to be a dual sim?
    Have you looked at the recomendation sticky?

feargale wrote: »
    I hope I'm not posting in the wrong thread. If so feel free to move my post.
    Anytime I've changed my mobile the trader has made a mess of transferring my numbers, losing half of them, and I get some excuse or other. Should this happen? Does it happen to everybody? I can't imagine that there isn't a simple way to properly transfer numbers. Please advise.

Depends on which phones and operating systems. If you use email on the phone, with most providers you can backup your contacts and trasnfer automically to the new device that way. Need to exact details for the best advice.

Advertisement