Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

APN for external IP address

Options
  • 11-10-2016 9:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭

Hi there 

I switched from a fixed landline broadband (1Mb) to 4G FMS (20Gb to 30gb average) 

With the landline I had a fixed IP address so I could access various in building services (CCTV, Heating, Environmental controls) 

The services I have been provided with does not support port forwarding even though DynDNS/NoIP work - I believe this is because the APN I am connected to does not support this type of service. 

I know EIR offer a fixed IP via 4g when specifically asked for it - could you provide me with the name and contact of who I need to ask to move my service to this - or the settings I should use to make it work 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

fclauson wrote: »
    Hi there 

I switched from a fixed landline broadband (1Mb) to 4G FMS (20Gb to 30gb average) 

With the landline I had a fixed IP address so I could access various in building services (CCTV, Heating, Environmental controls) 

The services I have been provided with does not support port forwarding even though DynDNS/NoIP work - I believe this is because the APN I am connected to does not support this type of service. 

I know EIR offer a fixed IP via 4g when specifically asked for it - could you provide me with the name and contact of who I need to ask to move my service to this - or the settings I should use to make it work 
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]fclauson,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks for getting in touch. I'm afraid we do not offer a fixed IP via 4G.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Sorry I could not offer you better news.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]-Pamela [/font]

Advertisement