Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iphone 6 plus Flickering Screen

Options
  • 11-10-2016 10:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭

Afternoon,

I've unfortunately got the iphone 6plus flickering screen issue. looking up the issue online seems to confirm if the phone is out of warranty Apple wont touch it.

The issue seems to be a problem with the logic board and the touchscreen chips inside the phone.

Does anyone know of a reliable shop in Dublin that can fix this problem. And any idea of the price.

Many Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Bring it back to where you bought it, cite the Irish Sales of Goods and Supply Act, and tell them you want it repaired/replaced for free.

Apple's warranty is irrelevant. Don't mention it to them and don't accept any excuse that they give you involving it. Manufacturer warranties are voluntary and do not affect your consumer rights.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 jimboroony

Brought my 25 month old Iphone into a 3 Store and invoked a claim under Irish consumer law. It had a flickering screen which slowly got worse until completely unresponsive.. 6 plus. Very helpful, boxed it up and sent it for repair/replacement. That was last Monday. We'll see what happens. Apple advised to take this route btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭BigMoose

Apologies for dragging up an old thread, but my 6plus has started doing this alarmingly often, making the phone unusable until I slap it a lot and it works for a while longer. My problem is I bought the original phone from 3 (who I have successfully got to replace a device under irish consumer law when it was out of official warranty) but had the 6plus replaced by Apple Care under a build defect (not damaged by me). 3 now wont touch it and say I have to get apple to handle under irish consumer law...

Does anyone know if 3 are right? Will apple look at a phone where the 2 year apple care has expired but it has such a build problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 37 jimboroony

Hi,
    I went to three with my 25 month old 6 plus. They wouldn't touch it. Apple will replace it under their replacement program for the 6 plus. It's €160 or something. That's what I did for a finish.

Advertisement