Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seeking alarm advice and installers in Cork City area

Options
  • 11-10-2016 10:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 44

I'm looking for some recommendations for a home security system and also for some installers in the Cork city area.

From reading this forum I see GSD, Siemens and HKC seem to be the most popular. Do installers tend to be tied to specific brands ?

The house is a bungalow and it's already wired. I'm looking for the following features:

10 window sensors (wired)
    3 door sensors (wired)
    2 external PIR floodlights
    1 internal sensors
    self monitoring (GSM and internet) with my phone or a website
    IP cameras (front door, internal, etc.)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭judge30

Most installers will have there prefered model of alarms to install but its up too you, all they systems are you,ve mentioned are good brands,hkc are good but some people find them expensive other prefer gsd which is a good system but might not be as common as hkc ,in the end its down to what you need and get more than one quote before getting some one in

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

I would recommend you do your research and decide on the panel you want.
    Get a few quotes & don't entertain the lad who wants to install what he wants.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

TheNewMe wrote: »
    I'm looking for some recommendations for a home security system and also for some installers in the Cork city area.

From reading this forum I see GSD, Siemens and HKC seem to be the most popular. Do installers tend to be tied to specific brands ?

The house is a bungalow and it's already wired. I'm looking for the following features:

10 window sensors (wired)
    3 door sensors (wired)
    2 external PIR floodlights
    1 internal sensors
    self monitoring (GSM and internet) with my phone or a website
    IP cameras (front door, internal, etc.)

The vast majority of installers in Cork use HKC, there are a few that use Risco, Pyronix and indeed Siemens. AFAIK no one down here installs GSD although if you contact them directly they will tell you for sure.

With regard to your external PIR floodlights, well if these need to be connected to your mains, then you have to use a registered electrical contractor. There are only 2 electrical contractors that i know of down here who also are PSA licensed to install alarms, but these guys seem to be technically limited to HKC.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Putt it there

Best advice is to go through local companies websites - they'd all have a contact us section and just put in what you require . The good ones will reply saying they'd need to see the premises . Get 4 or 5 quotes if you can - any company that cant or wont install what you want just discard . Your external light should be fitted by a registered sparkie for both piece of mind and in case of any problems later .

Advertisement