Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fastway Label Costs

Options
  • 11-10-2016 10:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Never posted in this forum before so hope it's ok to ask this.

My wife runs a (very) small business from home and sends out parcels with Fastway using their white labels (think they're for parcels under 2kg).

Anyway since her initial interaction with them the volume of parcels going out has increased so she's going to try to renegotiate with them so it would be good to know what other companies are paying per parcel. This is for national deliveries.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

If you want others to share how much they are paying a good way to start would be saying how much you are paying! If the expected numbers shipped are double what was predicted when the previous prices were negotiated you should be able to trim 10%-20% off that I would have thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭bigneacy

Box size plays a big part too... What size, to where?
    Paying DPD 11.80 for a large 17kg box overnight to island of Ireland, 2 biz days to uk.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭frash

jimmii wrote: »
    If you want others to share how much they are paying a good way to start would be saying how much you are paying! If the expected numbers shipped are double what was predicted when the previous prices were negotiated you should be able to trim 10%-20% off that I would have thought.

I think she's paying about €7 per label and that does a parcel under 2kg although they don't seem strict on the weight and some end up being slightly over that.
    bigneacy wrote: »
    Box size plays a big part too... What size, to where?
    Paying DPD 11.80 for a large 17kg box overnight to island of Ireland, 2 biz days to uk.

Boxe size varies but generally around 50cm*40cm*10cm.
    Are you saying DPD charge the same for Ireland as to the UK? if so then that's a great price for the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 scas100

its probably contrary to what your wife has been told but the white labels are nationwide labels for up to 30kgs, the difference in the colour of the labels is merely price-white being largly whatever the courier wishes to charge for them with the exception of brown/blue and black labels which are for local deliveries, local being within the areas covered by the regional base.

Advertisement