Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

NFL Week 6 thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,026 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

poldebruin wrote: »
    Time to try out Paxton Lynch? has a bigger arm, more athlethic in the face of the rush, and maybe Siemian isn't fully healthy. Less than 70 yards total offense.
    Lynch is worse than Siemian, I know it' hard to believe right now but it's true.

Big fumble recovery there, a td here would end it.

Well it should end it but we all know the Chargers like to give it away late in the fourth quarter.

Another field goal, still a two score game. I'm not ruling out the comeback just yet. Chargers need to make it a three score game for me to start believing they can hang on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,052 ✭✭✭poldebruin

eagle eye wrote: »
    Lynch is worse than Siemian, I know it' hard to believe right now but it's true.

Big fumble recovery there, a td here would end it.

Well it should end it but we all know the Chargers like to give it away late in the fourth quarter.

I don't know it'd be true the way this game is going, and again Siemian may not be fully healthy - he was deemed unfit to play 4 days ago. Sure he's raw and looked terrible against the Falcons, but he showed flashes against Tampa, and we need a spark of some kind.

The 2016 Denver offense is making the 2015 denver offense look like the 2013 denver offense.

Terrible that I have to hope San Diego blow it....really doesn't seem likely tonight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭OAOB

Chargers defence have 10 turnovers this year and they've only scored 1 TD from them. Most of these turnovers have been in opposition territory

Seriously, down 13, 3rd and 10 and you throw 5 yards short of the marker? I suppose the Defense has a better chance of scoring a TD than the offense though so....get em back on the field.

Chargers are playing their 4th and 5th ranked CBs from training camp, should be targetting them by going deep

borderline PI call there!

Clunker of a game so far, and doubley bad if you like denver.

Just need San Diego to fumble back to back possesions within 20 yards of their goalline - what are the chances though.

• Advertisement

I actually feel pretty confident in Chargers holding on to this. Broncos have zero momentum

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,927 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Hahaha

Boom, offensive holding in the end zone, three score lead for the Chargers. They can't lose this now, it's their night. They've been pretty good on both sides of the ball.

Oh wait, here we go, they give up the ball on the kickoff, good position for the Broncos, a td right here and we are on again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭TOss Sweep

Wow smart by Denver to drop it on a big guy

TOss Sweep wrote: »
    Wow smart by Denver to drop it on a big guy

missed that, and wondering how they got the ball back quick...what happened?

TD Broncos and they are 11 behind. 8.08 to play so plenty of time for the Chargers to do what they've been doing all season and throw the game away. They need to trust Rivers here and not just go running the ball in the first couple of downs because it's very likely that are going to be left with third and long if they do that.

• Advertisement

missed that, and wondering how they got the ball back quick...what happened?
    Free kick touched by a Charger who failed to hold onto he ball and recovered by Denver.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭Molly

So conservative. So annoying

You see there you go and that is all on whoever is calling the plays. You gotta trust Rivers there to keep a drive going not leave him with 3rd and long and very little hope.

This happens a lot with this team. Build a lead, try sit on it. Lose momentum, lose game.

What a two play series by brown

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

And there I thought the Chargers were going to throw this game away...

Wow, what a finish to this game for the Chargers, they give up a td but it's called back for a hold, then they sack Siemien and then they create a fumble and recover it.

Now let's see them trust Rivers to end this one and not go three and out quickly again.

wow, a small glimmer of hope undone in a sequence of three terrible plays.
    TD called back for holding (deserved)
    Sack taking them out o FG range...which they needed to have any chance
    Conservative pass gets them back to FG range, and fumbled trying to get an extra non-essential yard.

All these things went Denver's way in a big way last year.....but overall they played a putrid game, and were lucky to even have any sort of chance entering the last 5 minutes.

Jatavis Brown should be DROY, has been immense for us

Didn't Rivers have over 120 yards passing in the 1st quarter. Finished with 178. Why not let the man play for god's sake. Is it any wonder they've been blowing leads.
    Denver working the clock here.....KC-style.

I'd love to know what the Chargers DT was at there two plays ago when he just stood up and did nothing on the play. I didn't get his number or name but I'll get it up on gamepass tomorrow to get his name.

Jeez, if Denver had just got a FG on the last possession (or were successful with the earlier try) this would be mildly interesting now.

This game is remarkably similar to last weeks effort against the Falcons, blown out for 55 minutes, 10 garbage time (in some peoples opinion, mine included) points followed by a last ditch onside kick attempt to have a chance at a hail mary. The scoreboard will not reflect the beatdown they took in both games.

OMG, Broncos recover the onside kick and it could still happen. This shouldn't even be happening, all down to the playcalling on offense.

I hate all the crap about icing kickers.

• Advertisement

Chargers coach in a foetal position watching his team, way to inspire confidence

Chargers win, deserved win for everybody involved except the offensive playcaller.

That was an awful throw

Chargers did their best to lose, but Denver weren't even good enough to capitalise on that. Never seen a hail mary from the 50 drop at the 10.....asking a lot of your receiver to catch it and then break tackles to make it to the endzone.

Bad loss for Denver, and they'll need to right the ship quickly or the season could get away from them...they looked so bad with the ball. Kind of happy for San Diego, I like Rivers, and they didn't deserve to have a 1-4 record, the way they have been playing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman

Chargers did their best to lose, but Denver weren't even good enough to capitalise on that. Never seen a hail mary from the 50 drop at the 10.....asking a lot of your receiver to catch it and then break tackles to make it to the endzone.

Bad loss for Denver, and they'll need to right the ship quickly or the season could get away from them...they looked so bad with the ball. Kind of happy for San Diego, I like Rivers, and they didn't deserve to have a 1-4 record, the way they have been playing.

Your right they should be 4-1, should have beaten Raiders, Saints and Chiefs before last night's win, to be honest they could easily be 6-0 right now. I wonder could they run the schedule now and win the Division? With the exception of away games at Atlanta and Carolina the rest of their schedule is pretty soft. They wont fear anyone in their division and games against Titans, Browns and Dolphins .. I've convinced myself to put a little punt on them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

OAOB wrote: »
    Jatavis Brown should be DROY, has been immense for us

Too small apparently. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

What do peopple think Zeke can do to the Packers?

They've allowed 48, 30, 50, and 43 run yards against some fairly moderate teams but also the Vikings in there...

Is the dam going to burst, and a Packers team that looks to have just been "getting away with it" going to get manhandled by the Cowboys?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Magico Gonzalez

Your right they should be 4-1, should have beaten Raiders, Saints and Chiefs before last night's win, to be honest they could easily be 6-0 right now. I wonder could they run the schedule now and win the Division? With the exception of away games at Atlanta and Carolina the rest of their schedule is pretty soft. They wont fear anyone in their division and games against Titans, Browns and Dolphins .. I've convinced myself to put a little punt on them.

Way too many trips to the redzone last night that ended in 3 points. Good win, but still...that's going to cost them down the stretch and they still stopped playing in the 4th. I still think they're a good, but slightly schizophrenic team.

Definitely still a shoot out between Denver and the Raiders for me. I like the Raiders.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,384 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I'm concerned about lane Johnson being suspended for 10 games. That rookie will have fun on Sunday. I hope he isn't a human turnstile on Sunday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

Bateman wrote: »
    What do peopple think Zeke can do to the Packers?

They've allowed 48, 30, 50, and 43 run yards against some fairly moderate teams but also the Vikings in there...

Is the dam going to burst, and a Packers team that looks to have just been "getting away with it" going to get manhandled by the Cowboys?

Theyre giving up under 2 yards per rush i think, with nobody else is near under 3. It's insane, and the sample size is big enough to make it worthwhile. Assuming they focused on it in the offseason thinking the keys to the division lay in stopping Adrian Peterson. With a rookie QB going to Lambeau, I think they sell out and dare Dak to beat them. Patiently waiting for some bookie to make a mess of a betting line here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,384 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I know that dak Prescott is saying it's tony romos team but let's say he goes into lambeau and has another very good performance. At what point do the cowboys have to say "maybe we need to go with dak. " publically ?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,670 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

tbh, i think the worst out come for the cowboys is Dak continues to do well.. Romo comes back and stinks it up or gets injured, Dak goes back in and doesnt play aswell.

imo, i'd be going with Dak.. Romo is a spent force and liable to be injured at any point

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭coco0981

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    I know that dak Prescott is saying it's tony romos team but let's say he goes into lambeau and has another very good performance. At what point do the cowboys have to say "maybe we need to go with dak. " publically ?

If dak continues to play well then dallas aren't going to rush romo back. Maybe send him for a second and third opinion, just to be safe like!!!

Romo is one of the best QB's in the league. Prescott has done very well but Romo goes straight back in for me as he gives you the best chance to win now.

Tannehill gets a hard time and sure, he's far from perfect, but I genuinely think he's good enough to be their franchise QB. He hasn't had much help from them at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭Morrison J

Ryan Kerrigan playing like a man possessed

Bears let the jags march down the field but then made a really good stand at the end zone culminating in an interception. Hopefully they can get some momentum in offense now after a bad start

Good start for the Ravens after the change at O-coordinator this week.

Interestingly, Weddle's forced fumble on Beckham Jr was the Ravens 9th forced turnover this season. They only had 14 all of last season!

Hoyer actually trying to take a chance getting the ball to Alshon this week, will give the d more to have to think about. A lot of mistakes and no sign of the quality run game but I hope they persist with the run anyway, I like what it's opening up in passing. Packers next week so we really, really need a win going there, it'll be a different kettle of fish altogether.

Disappointing to have lost last week, had a chance going to lambeau 3-3 and the season back on track.

What the **** has happened to the Panthers?

• Advertisement
Advertisement