Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where can I rent a Tens Machine

Options
  • 11-10-2016 11:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭

Hi

Does anyone know where I could rent a tens machine in Cork? Or does not have to be specifically Cork if somewhere like Boots rent them? Does the price of renting vary?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Bunnyslippers

Boots rent them, although I bought mine as to rent it was 45 euro I think with postage on top of that and then you have to post it back afterwards, so it was only about five euro more to buy it!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Have a look on Done Deal. Sometimes you get people selling them. I bought mine second hand for 30euro. Just had to buy the pads then which I got on Amazon. I've also lent it out to friends so you do get the use out of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭fro9etb8j5qsl2

Medicare.ie used to rent them if I remember correctly. They deliver and everything :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I would buy one on Amazon not all of them as good for labour. I got the Elle Tens machine from Amazon as it was cheaper then renting it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭stickybean

Starbright I was renting one from boots its was €45 I looked at buying it and it was €55. I went for the obi tens ones as it was recommended to me :)

You can get it a little cheaper on Amazon.co.uk a little cheaper cause of the sterling (I just bought from boots as I had some points to use).

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

• Registered Users Posts: 3,300 ✭✭✭Gatica

I bought one in boots for 57 Euro, thought it wasn't much more than renting.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 bluepants

Does anyone know if there is much difference between the obi tens and the boots maternity unit? Last time I was in boots Dundrum I couldn't see the obi, but they kinda look similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

I'm not sure what the difference is - as far as I know, the most important thing for a tens for labour is that it has a boost function.

Advertisement