Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Negative Feedback removed

• 11-10-2016 12:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭

I did not realise negative feedback was removed from Adverts so giving a false impression of sellers who appear to have positive feedback.

I have used Adverts successfully for a couple of years now & traded with a lot of decent sellers/buyers.

Until recently when I brought & paid for an item my daughter really wanted. I was asked to pay via paypal as a gift which I did. The item never arrived & the seller seemed ahem certain it would not either. I was offered only a partial refund which I refused. They then needed to check with their Post Office, another delay..........

When I once again asked about my refund I was offered a partial amount. I refused & they said they had no money. I told them I would take it further & they then promised a refund in the post. An envelope arrived with only the partial amount........ I was then informed the rest of the coins had fallen out of the sealed envelope. Yeah right.

Then I was told they did not have the money to refund the €2 owed & could they send a euro each week. WTF?????

Eventually this arrived via Paypal & I left negative feedback. I had been messed around big time for a measly sum of €7.33.

Adverts removed this feedback twice. The seller in question has previous form of items not sent after payment.

What is the point in Feedback on Adverts if they remove the negative feedback? Needless to say I won't be using adverts again!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

Knine wrote: »
    I did not realise negative feedback was removed from Adverts so giving a false impression of sellers who appear to have positive feedback.

I have used Adverts successfully for a couple of years now & traded with a lot of decent sellers/buyers.

Until recently when I brought & paid for an item my daughter really wanted. I was asked to pay via paypal as a gift which I did. The item never arrived & the seller seemed ahem certain it would not either. I was offered only a partial refund which I refused. They then needed to check with their Post Office, another delay..........

When I once again asked about my refund I was offered a partial amount. I refused & they said they had no money. I told them I would take it further & they then promised a refund in the post. An envelope arrived with only the partial amount........ I was then informed the rest of the coins had fallen out of the sealed envelope. Yeah right.

Then I was told they did not have the money to refund the €2 owed & could they send a euro each week. WTF?????

Eventually this arrived via Paypal & I left negative feedback. I had been messed around big time for a measly sum of €7.33.

Adverts removed this feedback twice. The seller in question has previous form of items not sent after payment.

What is the point in Feedback on Adverts if they remove the negative feedback? Needless to say I won't be using adverts again!

Was your feedback abusive?

Have you contacted Adverts to ask why was the feedback removed? They should let you know why they did.

You probably know by now, but you should avoid sending money as a gift on Paypal, I hate when sellers after accepting the offer they ask to send as gift, they do it so they don't have to pay the commission for receiving the money, also they know buyer cannot open a paypal claim if any issues.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭Knine

nava wrote: »
    Was your feedback abusive?

Have you contacted Adverts to ask why was the feedback removed? They should let you know why they did.

You probably know by now, but you should avoid sending money as a gift on Paypal, I hate when sellers after accepting the offer they ask to send as gift, they do it so they don't have to pay the commission for receiving the money, also they know buyer cannot open a paypal claim if any issues.

No I left honest feedback saying that I never received the item & that I had hassle getting the refund. I contacted adverts & they said that my feedback suggested that they never sent the item & also that I got a refund. I thought the point of feedback was so you could make an informed decision on whether to do business or not. Similar negative feedback is still on their account.

Thank you, I did not realise that money sent as a gift could not be disputed, another user has since advised me of the same. One of the first messages I got was to send the money as a gift. I will never do that again!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

I suspect Adverts is having a hard time, supervision/moderation seems very poor in the last year.

Users commenting on 600 freebies in 1hr saying "can I hav dis", reported to Adverts and their response was "We've no problem with that".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

ED E wrote: »
    I suspect Adverts is having a hard time, supervision/moderation seems very poor in the last year.

Users commenting on 600 freebies in 1hr saying "can I hav dis", reported to Adverts and their response was "We've no problem with that".

The sh*te some people request in the free section is a joke.

Advertisement