Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open or Closed back Headphones

• 11-10-2016 1:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

I wanted to switch to the open backed Sennheiser HD595 from my closed back Sony MDR V6's. Everything tells me it makes sense to go open due to the increased soundstage size but I worry that my mic will pick up the noise leakage from the the headphones? I will be attaching a mod mic (Unidirectional) which I already own. This is a mic that attaches to a headphones for people who don't want to use low quality gaming specific stuff.

Any comments on insight on this? Especially from anyone who has already tried. These will be used for gaming. Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,013 ✭✭✭marko93

gitbotv wrote: »
    I wanted to switch to the open backed Sennheiser HD595 from my closed back Sony MDR V6's. Everything tells me it makes sense to go open due to the increased soundstage size but I worry that my mic will pick up the noise leakage from the the headphones? I will be attaching a mod mic (Unidirectional) which I already own. This is a mic that attaches to a headphones for people who don't want to use low quality gaming specific stuff.

Any comments on insight on this? Especially from anyone who has already tried. These will be used for gaming. Cheers!

Friend uses a modmic with some AD700x(i think, whatever they are, theyre openback) and I've never once noticed any feedback while on TS/Skype with him. Unless he was absolutely blaring it, but it had to be at a ridiculous volume he'd never use for any form of feedback.

Advertisement