Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Foaming Diesel

• 11-10-2016 3:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭

I filled up two 25L drums with diesel, from a recently renovate station whose name begins with T.
    I could see the diesel thru the opaque plastic, and it was foaming a lot, so much that I had to stop filling and allow it to dissipate.

Now fast forward a week or two, and I'm at a different station, also beginning with T, but a different brand, and little or no foaming.

Which one was better quality.. Or is it all the same.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,865 ✭✭✭fancy pigeon

Was it agricultural :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭9935452

mikeecho wrote: »
    I filled up two 25L drums with diesel, from a recently renovate station whose name begins with T.
    I could see the diesel thru the opaque plastic, and it was foaming a lot, so much that I had to stop filling and allow it to dissipate.

Now fast forward a week or two, and I'm at a different station, also beginning with T, but a different brand, and little or no foaming.

Neithre really.
    I would say the one that was foaming the garages storage tank was runing low and the pump was drawing air making it foam. It happened me once .
    The other was drawing no air.
    The only consideration is if was drawing dirt/condensation that iis left at the bottom of the tank

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 463 ✭✭Testacalda

mikeecho wrote: »

We often see this in the agir sector regarding green diesel. Some suppliers have diesel that foams up and others don't. Some will say that the foamy diesel is slightly better ( gives more power, last longer etc...) but in all the years we have been running heavy equipment I cannot say I ever noticed any difference based on the foamyness of diesel. Id be more worried about colour differences!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭mikeecho

9935452 wrote: »
    Neithre really.
    I would say the one that was foaming the garages storage tank was runing low and the pump was drawing air making it foam. It happened me once .
    The only consideration is if was drawing dirt/condensation that iis left at the bottom of the tank

That station must always be operating with low tank volumes.
    Always foamy from them.

Testacalda wrote: »
    We often see this in the agir sector regarding green diesel. Some suppliers have diesel that foams up and others don't. Some will say that the foamy diesel is slightly better ( gives more power, last longer etc...) but in all the years we have been running heavy equipment I cannot say I ever noticed any difference based on the foamyness of diesel. Id be more worried about colour differences!

Colour in both stations looked the same.

Btw, I often see the appropriately branded tanker at either station, or a Reynolds truck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,338 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Rabies :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭Vic_08

9935452 wrote: »
    Neithre really.

I'd also be concerned that the pump was not correctly calculating the volume with all of the air mixed in.

Vic_08 wrote: »
    I'd also be concerned that the pump was not correctly calculating the volume with all of the air mixed in.

It was 25L drum, I filled it to the line.. pretty much 25L on the button

Advertisement