Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Misled

• 11-10-2016 11:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Whats the case if the original endowment projections you received were incorrect. Is there a case for fraud against the bank. I understand there's no limitation on taking this case .

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,476 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

All those endowment policies contained the boilerplate disclaimer - 'investments can go up as well as down' or 'projections are based on current yields which may not be achieved in the future' - the financial industry's version of 'your mileage may vary'. Best to ask a solicitor but I wouldn't hold out much hope.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,345 ✭✭✭phormium

I'm wondering too how the projections could be wrong? Well we all know they were wrong in that they didn't perform but they are just that projections, makey uppy figures. Are they actually calculated wrong based on a quoted rate on the paperwork or what?

Advertisement