Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prescription Goggles for Triathlon

Options
  • 11-10-2016 3:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭

Hi all. Not having huge luck with the prescription swim goggles I have in terms of field of view, seal and fogging.

Has anyone any recommendations for good prescription triathlon goggles?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

Hi all. Not having huge luck with the prescription swim goggles I have in terms of field of view, seal and fogging.

Has anyone any recommendations for good prescription triathlon goggles?

Contact lens being the obvious choice????

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭kneejerk

Aqua Sphere Eagles are pretty good.

you order the lenses yourself, they go from -1.5 to -6 diopters, just have a look at your last optician script.

You can get them from AquaSphere direct or from Wiggle

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭space2ground1

BTH wrote: »
    Contact lens being the obvious choice????

Contacts aren't a good option for me unfortunately!

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭gerfmurphy

I use speedo vanquisher optical, you can get them on amazon.
    I find them pretty good but they seem to wear out after about 5 months in the pool

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭gilleek2

Contacts aren't a good option for me unfortunately!

Having tried a few options including the Aquasphere Eagles i stumbled upon a site called myeyes.co.uk. They sell all kinds of glasses aswell as prescription goggles. I'm onto my 4th pair of View VPS 500A. Have been using those for several years now. The only reason i'm onto my 4th pair is that the silicon seems over time to degrade a bit and lately seems to be irritating the skin around my eyes. At least thats what i'm putting that irritation down to. Think theyre in .50 diopters. Currently £28.90. Cant see myself ever changing from them.

• Advertisement
Advertisement