Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSO levy for sublet office in building

Options
  • 11-10-2016 4:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi,

Not sure if it's the right place but i'm looking for some help or for someone to point me in the right driection.

My company is letting an office space in a small/medium sized building which has one electricity supply from Electric Ireland coming in and the landlord is in turn invoicing us for our electricity consumption using readings from a meter installed outside our office door.

I've no problem with the unit rates and standing charge but my question is should I be paying him the full PSO levy cost per month (€18.47) or just a portion of it since theres only one supply and one bill from Electric Ireland ? Is the levy per connection or what way does it work ? When we had our own premesis we paid the full amount, which was fine but I just want to be sure before I pay him.

Thank you in advance for any help you can give me.

Regards,

Keith

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭Electric Ireland: Brige N

Hi Keith,

Thanks for your message.

To confirm, are there a number of electricity connections being billed through one meter? If so, and you're happy to continue with that arrangement, you may need to discuss the division of the PSO levy amongst all parties using the electricity.

If you are the only one being supplied through the bill from Electric Ireland then you would need to pay the full amount of the PSO levy.

The Public Service Obligation Levy (PSO) is mandated by the Government and approved by the European Commission to support the generation of electricity from sustainable, renewable and indigenous sources. The amount of PSO you pay for your premises is based on your Maximum Import Capacity (MIC). Currently, the PSO levy where the MIC is less than 30kVA is €20.73 per month, per customer. Where the MIC is equal to, or greater than,
    30kVA the cost of the PSO levy is €3.33 per kVA, per month.

For further information please visit cer.ie.

For business queries with Electric Ireland, we would recommend contacting our business team directly on 1850 372 787. They are available to call from 9am to 5:30pm, Monday to Friday. They can also be contacted via email here: business@electricireland.ie. Further contact details can be found online here.

We hope this helps.

Thanks,
    Brige

________

• Registered Users Posts: 2 ke83

Hi Brige,

Thats perfect, thanks very much for the info and quick response. Appreciate your help.

Regards,

Keith

• Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭Electric Ireland: Brige N

Hi Keith,

You're very welcome.

Please let us know if you have any further queries.

Thanks,
    Brige

________

Advertisement