Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2017-21 help to buy scheme - megathread. All help to buy discussion here please

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,903 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

DubLad69 wrote: »
    My application has finally moved from waiting for membership confirmation to under review. Any ideas as to how long I should expect now?

I'm still waiting after my initial application on the 14th of January, but it looks like the backlogs are being cleared slowly but surely.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭phunks

Does anyone know if the help to buy and room to let scheme can be used in conjunction with each other?

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭badbeatcentral

phunks wrote: »
    Does anyone know if the help to buy and room to let scheme can be used in conjunction with each other?

Yes both can be availed of, i.e. you can claim the Help to Buy relief when purchasing a property and then also claim the rent a room relief for a licensee in your property as long as you meet the criteria for both.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭DubLad69

Honestly having 2 weeks in a hotel room with Netflix and Disney Plus and food served to me sounds like an absolute dream.

I think youre in the wrong thread ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,903 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

I think youre in the wrong thread ;)

Too many tabs open :o:o:o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 45 jr1942

Any clues on htb stage when you need to give them the contract copy and loan offer from the bank? When thats uploaded what happens next?

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭Pete123456

B Rabbit wrote: »
    Hi All,

Any idea of how long it's currently taking from contracts & supporting documents being uploaded to claim being confirmed by revenue?

Instant in my case today - uploaded loan and house contract, clicked through, put in the details and immediately got the confirmation code.

Originally we had started the process at about 5 past midnight on the first of Jan, but then rang revenue on the 18th and asked them to push it through - a day later we had our amount.

My application has finally moved from waiting for membership confirmation to under review. Any ideas as to how long I should expect now?

Ring them and tell them you’re under pressure for your appliances allowance or whatever, and they’ll ask via my enquiries for your AIP and details of house, should be a day or two.

jr1942 wrote: »
    Any clues on htb stage when you need to give them the contract copy and loan offer from the bank? When thats uploaded what happens next?

In my case it went straight through - I doubt they even review - they ask for details, how much each person wants to claim, purchase and loan amounts, address, etc

Pete123456 wrote: »
    In my case it went straight through - I doubt they even review - they ask for details, how much each person wants to claim, purchase and loan amounts, address, etc

As in automatically?
    Not sure what happens with that, you just get a confirmation and the builder then goes and claims the amount?
    thx

• Advertisement

As in automatically?
    Not sure what happens with that, you just get a confirmation and the builder then goes and claims the amount?
    thx

You give the code to the developer who draws down your HTB...

Obviously if for whatever reason you ended up not buying the house, revenue claws back the money from the developer.

You give the code to the developer who draws down your HTB...

Obviously if for whatever reason you ended up not buying the house, revenue claws back the money from the developer.
    Ok I got that bit, they have the code. That means they can take the money already?
    But what was me uploading the contract and letter of offer for?

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭Renjit

You upload the signed contract copy and mortgage offer letter as part of claim step. Fill the contract sign date, house address, price, deposit already paid etc. After submit you get the claim reference number. Provide that to the developer (via your solicitor).

You can initiate above process during the validity of HTB approved application.

Ok I got that bit, they have the code. That means they can take the money already?
    But what was me uploading the contract and letter of offer for?

I assume revenue will validate X% of claims manually by checking that people are actually doing what they say and they have a valid contract and loan offer...

thx. So im doing that now, the reference number is then again same as the code ive already given to the developer and my solicitor when htb was approved (the one where they give you the valid amount?) or a different one? I pass it on to them again and they withdraw the funds, meanwhile my uploads are there in case Revenue needs to double check stuff?... or the developer cant withdraw funds before Revenue will have reviewed what Ive uploaded there? Do they tend to keep the keys until Revenues money is on their account?

I assume revenue will validate X% of claims manually by checking that people are actually doing what they say and they have a valid contract and loan offer...

So you think that the developer can withdraw the funds regardless of my uploads now?

Ring them and tell them you’re under pressure for your appliances allowance or whatever, and they’ll ask via my enquiries for your AIP and details of house, should be a day or two.

I did that two days ago, because I actually am under pressure to give the confirmation of the amount. Hopefully I will hear back tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭thegreatescape

My application came back this evening with a lower amount than the income tax I've paid over the selected years (about 1700 euro less), has a similar situation happened to anyone else?

My application came back this evening with a lower amount than the income tax I've paid over the selected years (about 1700 euro less), has a similar situation happened to anyone else?

Hasn't happened this year. But it did happen to last year. Make sure that you are only counting income tax and not your USC, PRSI etc.

Quick one if anyone could enlighten

Approved for htb and contracts just signed

House isnt complete and wont be for several weeks (at least) which is around the time our htb expires

Can we claim now, as contracts are signed, or does the completion date matter (and will a nominal one do in a.pinch?)

• Advertisement

House isnt complete and wont be for several weeks (at least) which is around the time our htb expires

Can we claim now, as contracts are signed, or does the completion date matter (and will a nominal one do in a.pinch?)

As far as I know the developer can claim the payment as soon as all of the documentation is complete.

As far as I know the developer can claim the payment as soon as all of the documentation is complete.

Cheers for the steer.... we'll give it a shot i think

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Xios

I had my developer draw down the funds this week.
    They can access it pretty quickly after you've uploaded your signed Letter of Offer from the bank and also the signed contracts. Your solicitor should be able to help with those.

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭thegreatescape

Hasn't happened this year. But it did happen to last year. Make sure that you are only counting income tax and not your USC, PRSI etc.

Yeah I've only been counting my income tax, was actually hoping the number would be higher than the figure plus 1700 with DIRT being taken into account as I know I'm not entitled to the full amount. I'll submit a query and see, thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭Renjit

thx. So im doing that now, the reference number is then again same as the code ive already given to the developer and my solicitor when htb was approved (the one where they give you the valid amount?) or a different one? I pass it on to them again and they withdraw the funds, meanwhile my uploads are there in case Revenue needs to double check stuff?... or the developer cant withdraw funds before Revenue will have reviewed what Ive uploaded there? Do they tend to keep the keys until Revenues money is on their account?

Earlier you just had Application number and Access code.

Now you should receive Claim reference number.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 Ronald Franz

Is an appliance allowance a thing? How does it work if you don't mind me asking.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,566 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Is an appliance allowance a thing? How does it work if you don't mind me asking.

It is for some builders. it's quite simple how it works.

Part of the contract can state you'll get x, y, z appliances or a tiled floor or some other incentive if you signed and pay your deposit by such and such a date. If you don't pay before that you don't get the appliances.

If you're relying on the HTB to make up that portion of the deposit ringing revenue explaining this may help speed it along.

I would caveat though they will have a copy of your contract so don't say it's in the contract unless it specifically is. The chances of them looking is slim but best life tip I've gotten is never to lie and especially not to revenue :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

It is for some builders. it's quite simple how it works.

Part of the contract can state you'll get x, y, z appliances or a tiled floor or some other incentive if you signed and pay your deposit by such and such a date. If you don't pay before that you don't get the appliances.

If you're relying on the HTB to make up that portion of the deposit ringing revenue explaining this may help speed it along.

I would caveat though they will have a copy of your contract so don't say it's in the contract unless it specifically is. The chances of them looking is slim but best life tip I've gotten is never to lie and especially not to revenue :pac:

I would lie on record in a murder trial before I would lie to Revenue.

Yeah DubLad is right, what matters is the date you signed the contract, not the completion date - unless for some reason it wasn’t complete for 2 years or more then I think Revenue can claw back also unless there’s a reasonable excuse etc

We’re in the same boat only a few months out

• Advertisement

Yeah so in our case it’s a €2000 voucher if contracts are signed and returned within 21 days of being received.

However realistically this is not enforced in the vast majority of cases, especially around Christmas etc. We booked the house early Dec and signed early Feb and will get the voucher on drawdown. HTB delayed us by 18 days alone...

What you will get is probably a weekly email or more from the agent making sure you’re progressing and then likely a letter from the solicitor to say “ we mean it this time, sign by x to get the voucher” etc But again if you have good justification for the extension (probably not enough to say you only applied for the mortgage after booking), they should be understanding.

Advertisement