Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2017-21 help to buy scheme - megathread. All help to buy discussion here please

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭AGUSIA1

My understanding of it is that his two brothers would qualify for htb scheme as you are allowd to inherit property. However as he bought them out he would not qualify.

Inheritance does not count.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭Muff Richardson

AGUSIA1 wrote: »
    My understanding of it is that his two brothers would qualify for htb scheme as you are allowd to inherit property. However as he bought them out he would not qualify.

Inheritance does not count.

yeah we had a similar opinion but it's in no way clear cut or conclusive. he still doesn't fit revenues definition of a first time buyer:

First Time Buyer – definition . Revenue say that…. “The first-time buyer must not have either individually or jointly with any other person (directly or indirectly), previously purchased, orbuilt a property.”

So – owning an inherited property will not exclude people from this scheme.

technically he has never purchased a property. it's a weird one.

even if revenue told him to f off which is the most likely outcome he would definitely have a case to challenge it. <mod snip>

They would not quality. Once you have owned a property you are exempt, regardless if it was purchased or inherited.

this is not the case, inheritance does not exclude
    you.

this is not the case, inheritance does not exclude
    you.

Inheritance does not count but technically he 100% did buy that house (even if it was off his siblings) so he would be excluded in my opinion.
    There will be a legal contract making this very clear.
    Contact revenue would be best course of action

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭hawkeye_bmr

I have tried again to start an application for this, but now I get an error saying that I can't apply due to paying my LPT!

I have emailed them regarding this and they told me that I was registered as owner for multiple properties!?!

Gotta ring them tomorrow to see whats the deal with that!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭TheUnderfaker

I have tried again to start an application for this, but now I get an error saying that I can't apply due to paying my LPT!

I have emailed them regarding this and they told me that I was registered as owner for multiple properties!?!

Gotta ring them tomorrow to see whats the deal with that!

That happened to me as well. Turned out that because my dad and I both share the same name, when they forced people to pay for local property tax a few years back they just registered both of us as the property owner. It was all sorted out fairly quickly on the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭lunamia

jusvi2001 wrote: »
    lunamia wrote: »

i am on the same boat i have cancelled and reapplied. claim documents are uploaded on 18/1 since then no news from revenue.

Just curiosity, was it the Revenue rejecting the application or they just asked and you canceled it and have re-do it from scratch?

Just checked our bank account after seeing speranza2's post and we got paid the refund too! I imagine they'll get the whole process down to 7-10 days from application to payment, since it really was pretty smooth considering.

Hi, after the first step and the second one attaching the documents,
    we had a third step where we were required to insert manually all the information about purchase, mortgage, etc...

How many days after this last process you've been paid?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭tbayers

Anyone know if a person who inherited a property along with brothers and sisters and subsequently bought them out with a loan in the form of a mortgage would still qualify for the scheme? Seems a grey area, technically they did not purchase any property.
    If you were registered for LPT then you are out im afraid. We bought at the end of July last year and we are claiming retrospectively. We had an issue convincing them we are in fact a first time buyer if we are registered for LPT.

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭tbayers

Anyone know if a person who inherited a property along with brothers and sisters and subsequently bought them out with a loan in the form of a mortgage would still qualify for the scheme? Seems a grey area, technically they did not purchase any property.
    If you were registered for LPT then you are out im afraid. We bought at the end of July last year and we are claiming retrospectively. We had an issue convincing them we are in fact a first time buyer if we are registered for LPT.

• Advertisement

tbayers wrote: »

thanks...but how would that be the case for all those that have inherited property? they would also have been subject to LPT since day one but are still eligible for help to buy

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭sibersha

Still stuck on pending even though I've had correspondence via the My Enquiries section to say application has been approved.

Was advised I should get an approval number via the My Account section, but cannot see anything.

Anyone had anything similar?

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭davidsr20

sibersha wrote: »
    Still stuck on pending even though I've had correspondence via the My Enquiries section to say application has been approved.

Was advised I should get an approval number via the My Account section, but cannot see anything.

Anyone had anything similar?

Ur approval number will show up in ur messages under my enquireys. If ur still under review u will not get the number u will have to ring them. We eventually got that sorted and got the number. Our claim is gone in since last Friday so just waiting now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭bittihuduga

i have the application code and access code and on the top of the page it says approved.
    is approval number different from these codes?

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭john kinsella

Got my confirmation from the Revenue that my application has been processed and refund will issue shortly.

As a couple of others have mentioned, it is worth giving them a call. I was waiting for well over a week with not a word back despite a query raised and about 30 mins after I called them I had the confirmation through on MyEnquiries that the refund was issuing.

Fairly simple process really (retrospective purchaser)

Got my confirmation from the Revenue that my application has been processed and refund will issue shortly.

As a couple of others have mentioned, it is worth giving them a call. I was waiting for well over a week with not a word back despite a query raised and about 30 mins after I called them I had the confirmation through on MyEnquiries that the refund was issuing.

Does your application says "You have a pending claim for HTB" ?

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭john kinsella

Does your application says "You have a pending claim for HTB" ?

No, I can't see it saying that anywhere

No, I can't see it saying that anywhere

The Revenue has replied right now

" Dear Massimo, Your Help to Buy application has now been approved. To claim your relief please provide details of your qualifying contractor. "

Does it mean my developer has not been registered yet? :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,019 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

The Revenue has replied right now

" Dear Massimo, Your Help to Buy application has now been approved. To claim your relief please provide details of your qualifying contractor. "

Does it mean my developer has not been registered yet? :mad:

Currently registered developer can be found here: http://www.revenue.ie/en/tax/it/reliefs/htb/index.html#section9

Here is a direct link the to PDF

If your developer is not listed they need to fill out the HTB1 form which is explained on that page as well

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭davidsr20

I'm in same situation. Mine was approved last Friday so only a few days. I messsged the girl today that was dealing with it too see how long it takes. She had no idea. She sent my code and my paperwork to the claims department Friday.

I'm getting a prompt on revenue says I need to claim and upload my documents but she said ignore it she already has them sent. Did anyone else just ignore the claim button?

I had my documents sent in before I had the app fully finished.

• Advertisement

Currently registered developer can be found here: http://www.revenue.ie/en/tax/it/reliefs/htb/index.html#section9

Here is a direct link the to PDF

If your developer is not listed they need to fill out the HTB1 form which is explained on that page as well

Yes, in fact I eventually realized it's not in the list yet :mad:
    Like the most of people at the moment..

http://www.irishtimes.com/business/personal-finance/first-time-buyer-scheme-ramps-up-with-2-000-applications-in-first-month-1.2957975

I've contacted the developer anyway, and they already applied, so still in the process of being approved

Hey john, could you pm the contact number you used for phoning about the HTB scheme?

Thanks

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,873 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

AGUSIA1 wrote: »
    Hey john, could you pm the contact number you used for phoning about the HTB scheme?

Thanks
    Your local PAYE revenue number.

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭sibersha

Your local PAYE office will direct you to the PAYE number which is 1890 777 425

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭Innervision

Got mine into the account today :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6 b_cuda

I see a few other people in my situation and want to check if anyone has had a resolution? 
    We signed contracts and paid deposit in December, and started the retrospective application in January. Now we've finally got the contracts back from the solicitor, developer signed on 27th Jan and now that is the effective date of the contracts, with nothing to say that we signed last year. 
    Can we continue with the retrospective application and try to convince revenue that we did sign before Christmas, the only evidence we have is the bank transfer receipts. Our house is due for completion in March/April so I'm really worried that if we have to wait for Revenue to pay the developer it will delay us too much, as that doesn't seem to have started yet at all...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,019 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

b_cuda wrote: »
    I see a few other people in my situation and want to check if anyone has had a resolution? 
    We signed contracts and paid deposit in December, and started the retrospective application in January. Now we've finally got the contracts back from the solicitor, developer signed on 27th Jan and now that is the effective date of the contracts, with nothing to say that we signed last year. 
    Can we continue with the retrospective application and try to convince revenue that we did sign before Christmas, the only evidence we have is the bank transfer receipts. Our house is due for completion in March/April so I'm really worried that if we have to wait for Revenue to pay the developer it will delay us too much, as that doesn't seem to have started yet at all...

Sounds like you need to just start a new application. I assume you've already paid the full deposit? As long as developer is registered it should only take 7-10 days for money to be transferred from submitting claim

• Registered Users Posts: 42 ShogunWarrior

Just FYI Revenue added a bunch of details and clarifications (including the process for lenders) to the HTB guide:
    http://www.revenue.ie/en/tax/it/reliefs/htb/index.html

• Registered Users Posts: 9 bridie

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone can clarify something for me.

Currently waiting to sign contracts on new house.
    Builder is not registered yet.

Logged in to my revenue and it says that I can now make a claim by uploading a copy of contracts etc.

I was under the impression that when I sign contracts I would have to pay the remainder of the deposit less what I had already paid and less what the developer was going to get? But that I could only do this if the Developer was registered...............

So if I sign my contracts now am I paying the full deposit and then looking for a refund?

Slightly confused!

All help appreciated.

Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭pilly

I'm getting the sense in that people may run into trouble because developers are not registered and some won't be because I'd imagine they have to have their own taxes up to date.

Would I be right in thinking that?

Advertisement