Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2017-21 help to buy scheme - megathread. All help to buy discussion here please

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭Innervision

Hi all, quick question - we have made our claim and have our codes. My understanding was that I pass these codes onto our builder and our loan provider for them to verify. The lady in the bank who we dealt with for our mortgage is saying that they don't have anything to do with the scheme? Am I wrong or is she? Restrospective claim if that makes any difference

We never passed on our codes to our mortgage provider, just completely forgot to be honest. We did to the builder but as far as I know they were never contacted to do anything with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 primrose1990

We never passed on our codes to our mortgage provider, just completely forgot to be honest. We did to the builder but as far as I know they were never contacted to do anything with them.

Brilliant - thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭sibersha

andreip wrote: »
    Thanks for reply

But what about my new HTB, should I wait for this form or its ok to create the new application as they will see anyway that Ive paid it?

I went ahead and applied before receiving my tax amendment form and I am having issues now. However I do not know if this is the reason, but if you do run into any issues I am sure you will get it resolved over the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭davidsr20

Rules have changed. I was asked a few days ago to get my builder to register or u get no refund. I don't get it ether as it never asked anywhere to put in builder details. My claim is pending a week tomorrow.
    Can anyone clarify this please as it does not make any sense.
    Fairly fed up now working on this since jan 3rd and it seems diff rules now. It's pretty clear this scheme is more aimed at builders and not first time buyers. A lot of people will not get the claim if builders don't register but yet 100s have slipped through before the rules have changed. Not very fair at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭Innervision

I didn't see my builder on the list but I see them now so I'm presuming they were registered when my claim got paid out and the list just wasn't updated.

I would imagine they had the details of my builder from the contract anyway as that has to be uploaded?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 giles01

davidsr20 wrote: »
    I'm not sure but I applied for tax clearance anyway. Then when I called back they weee able to get me past that review stage.

My application states that no tax clearance certification has been issued. Looking to complete request tax clearance but just wondering what reason you selected for requesting the tax clearance? Grant?

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭morrga

Anyone know what enquiry ID I need to submit when making the claim for money. Our application has been approved so am moving to next stage. It says to add in Enquiry ID. I have several Enquiry ID's relating to the claim. Which one? I also have an access code and an application code as well.

Muddy waters!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,019 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Well our builder finally got registered. Thought we were all good to go but now the vendors solicitor has said they need time to consider how they are going to approach it(i.e. finally do some research on it). We already explained that we expect to sign contracts and pay deposit minus the relief we are eligible for, then we submit the signed contracts and builder receives the money 5 days after verifying with revenue. Will all get sorted soon I'm sure but the process has been painfully slow, that's the problem with being early adopters I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,019 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

morrga wrote: »
    Anyone know what enquiry ID I need to submit when making the claim for money. Our application has been approved so am moving to next stage. It says to add in Enquiry ID. I have several Enquiry ID's relating to the claim. Which one? I also have an access code and an application code as well.

Muddy waters!

I'd assume it's the enquiry id for when you uploaded the contract?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Stella2012

I paid the full deposit in Nov 2016 and got the contract signed in Jan 2017. I submitted everything contract, loan doc +tax up to date, however I got a claim number +access code and revenue said they will pay the contract directly not me.
    What do I have to do with these codes? Send them to the builder? Got twice paid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 abrushka

I signed my contract in Jan '17 and paid over 10% deposit. I only started my application this week. Am I correct in saying the 5% gets paid directly to the developer now?

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭AGUSIA1

abrushka wrote: »
    I signed my contract in Jan '17 and paid over 10% deposit. I only started my application this week. Am I correct in saying the 5% gets paid directly to the developer now?

In theory, but its very doubtful in practice. Most probably to you now.
    I hope so anyhow.
    Builders, estate agents, no one has a clue of the correct procedures

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭MissElle

So finally got our application code sorted (retrospective buyer) and resubmitted the claim after making a mistake first time round. Im assuming it'll take a few weeks now to be processed? Our builder is not on the list yet but is planning to register.

Anyone know how long it takes to get to payment stage once you have been given a claim reference number?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Lorraines123

Hi,

Just wondering does anybody know around how long it takes before revenue confirm your eligibility/ amount you are able to claim once you've submitted your application?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

If you read back on the thread you should be able to work both of those last two questions out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭lau1247

Hi,

Read through all the posts from start of January.. still a bit unclear about the process.. seems like a lot of people here are retrospective buyers rather than new buyers..

My wife submitted the eform 12 yesterday afternoon from her MyAccount (Joint Assessed) and we made the application yesterday night through her account first. On the acknowledgement page, she had the application code assigned and at the bottom it indicated that it was "awaiting membership confirmation" from me. I had joined the application that my wife applied from my own MyAccount. At my acknowledgement page, it says "tax clearance cert not issued" and at the bottom it indicated that it was "awaiting membership confirmation" from my wife

My questions are:
    1. How long does it take for eform12 to clear?? (Not holding it to anyone but more trying to anticipate typical turnaround time)
    2. Any idea why mine says tax clearance cert not issued yet it is ok on my wife's application? I can only guess that her eform12 submission is not cleared yet.
    3. That awaiting membership confirmation status, would I ignore it or should I try to call Revenue to ask for confirmation that I have confirmed?
    4. When you guys applied as a group as husband and wife, do you each get an application code or does it only show up for one person?

Anyone in similar scenario?? I'd be interested to compare notes and see if there is anything else specific I might need to tackle and not wait around for Revenue

West Dublin, ☀️ 7.83kWp ⚡5.66 kWp South West, ⚡2.18 kWp North East

• Registered Users Posts: 27 andreip

I was stuck with our application under "awaiting membership confirmation" too as I had to pay underpayment tax before to progress with HTB application.
    For me, they cancelled my initial application, they told me via My Enquiries that I need to pay underpayment tax via MyAccount and after 3 days once the money are gone, I was able to create a new application, my wife applied on same application number as group and in 1 minute I've received access code via My Enquiries.

So takes longer to receive Revenue feedback about your blocker, otherwise, once you have everthing in place, you will receive imediately your access code.

For group membership is same application code on both sides.

For form12 I think takes 24 hours and for p21 takes another 24/48 hours to receive confirmation

I was stuck with our application under "awaiting membership confirmation" too as I had to pay underpayment tax before to progress with HTB application.
    For me, they cancelled my initial application, they told me via My Enquiries that I need to pay underpayment tax via MyAccount and after 3 days once the money are gone, I was able to create a new application, my wife applied on same application number as group and in 1 minute I've received access code via My Enquiries.

So takes longer to receive Revenue feedback about your blocker, otherwise, once you have everthing in place, you will receive imediately your access code.

For group membership is same application code on both sides.

For form12 I think takes 24 hours and for p21 takes another 24/48 hours to receive confirmation

OK, don't think there will be any issue with underpayment for our application, just had p21 sorted at the end of November last year for 2013/2014/2015 which are the years I'm using for HTB application. The P21 came with overpayment and got some money back off revenue.

This access code you refer to, is that the application code?? (i.e. A0002xxxx) I'm guessing it is not.

Hopefully it is only the eform12 - currently still showing on the wife MyAccount as 'submitted'

• Registered Users Posts: 27 andreip

lau1247 wrote: »

This access code you refer to, is that the application code?? (i.e. A0002xxxx) I'm guessing it is not.

Application code is displayed on acknowledge page when it will tell you your application was approved, max relief and to check My Enquiries for access code. So two different codes.

• Advertisement

Hi,

Just wondering does anybody know around how long it takes before revenue confirm your eligibility/ amount you are able to claim once you've submitted your application?

I submitted contracts etc on 1st Feb. Got a reply on 7th Feb approving application.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 siobhan1983

Hi there, I'm at the stage where I have submitted the claim and have my reference numbers. They say now that I need to give them to my mortgage provider and builder to verify the codes. Who do you have to give it to in the bank? Or who do they contact for it? Its not very clear who they will contact for the codes.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Pelicannon

Hello!

I am a retrospective applicant and have gone through the process and received confirmation of claim, access code and claim reference.
    I have passed this information on to the builder that I bought from and they have submitted to revenue.

After speaking to 3 people on the phone, I am still none the wiser.
    It seems because I have a "claim confirmation", this money will be paid out to me.

Does anyone know if there is anything else required at that point and how long it takes before they process the claim/payment?

Application code is displayed on acknowledge page when it will tell you your application was approved, max relief and to check My Enquiries for access code. So two different codes.

Good news is that p21 from my wife is through so it seems to be processing.. no sign of eform 12 status changing.. still showing "submitted".. out of interest, what does yours say under the status when you go look at your form 12 overview in your MyAccount?

I think I better give them a call tomorrow and chase up..

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Lambada Crazy

Hi All,

After reading the thread I've managed to find some answers. I applied on January 5th as I am a retrospective buyer. I signed contracts in November.

My application was approved mid January and I seem to be stuck now with a Claim reference number.

I realised today that my developer was registered, so I gave my developer my claim reference. Did things move quickly after that?

LC

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭davidsr20

Pelicannon wrote: »
    Hello!

I am a retrospective applicant and have gone through the process and received confirmation of claim, access code and claim reference.
    I have passed this information on to the builder that I bought from and they have submitted to revenue.

After speaking to 3 people on the phone, I am still none the wiser.
    It seems because I have a "claim confirmation", this money will be paid out to me.

Does anyone know if there is anything else required at that point and how long it takes before they process the claim/payment?

Any idea how they submitted the codes to revenue? The builder that is? Also was ur builder registered.

We're u at the claim pending stage before this ?

lau1247 wrote: »
    Good news is that p21 from my wife is through so it seems to be processing.. no sign of eform 12 status changing.. still showing "submitted".. out of interest, what does yours say under the status when you go look at your form 12 overview in your MyAccount?

I think I better give them a call tomorrow and chase up..

Form 12 status as submitted won't change. You should proceed to up loading contracts at this stage.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,873 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Hi All,

After reading the thread I've managed to find some answers. I applied on January 5th as I am a retrospective buyer. I signed contracts in November.

My application was approved mid January and I seem to be stuck now with a Claim reference number.

I realised today that my developer was registered, so I gave my developer my claim reference. Did things move quickly after that?

LC

Ring them

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Lambada Crazy

I tried, they dont have any idea!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,873 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

I tried, they dont have any idea!

I'd say ring again and ask are any other documents outstanding, or as I did, just tell them that you have submitted all required information, is there anything else required? They should say no, all looks good and then magically you get the "you wil recieve" notification a few hours later. Reading some of the thread, it does look like it depends who you get as to how well this works.

Maybe with the changes to the system you just got caught in limbo land. If nothing happens within a week, it might be time for the nuclear option and restart the application.

Advertisement