Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2017-21 help to buy scheme - megathread. All help to buy discussion here please

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Blingy

andreip wrote: »
    What I've shared with the bank was PDF of:
    - that acknowledge page where the application code and max relief is mention;
    - that notififation in myenquiries where says security code
    - that notification in myenquiries where says you HTB app is approved

And bank was fine with this

thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭MissElle

So my claim was finally verified by our builder today (retrospective buyer) and got an email through MyEnquiries that a refund will be issued in around 5 days, very surprised!

Turned out I had made a mistake with one of the deposit amounts when submitting the claim. I wouldn't have even known about the mistake if the woman from our builders company hadn't called me. So I just cancelled the claim, resubmitted it with the correct values and she verified it 15 minutes later. Only applied on the 20th January, thought it would take a good bit longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Lambada Crazy

MissElle,

We have the same builder.... I spent 3 hours with "N" this morning working through the issues and it finally got resolved! I also was approved today for the HTB scheme! Happy Days!

• Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭mjp

Applying for self build application. Sent in all our P12's and got P21s few weeks ago. However my girlfriend owes €700 due to USC calculated incorrectly in 2014. I thought she would have to clear this balance up before we could go further with application but Revenue told her yesterday that she could pay it back over next 5 years as USC is not a PAYE tax. Anyone have similar issue? Know from before that get lot of conflicting advice from different people in revenue.

MissElle,

We have the same builder.... I spent 3 hours with "N" this morning working through the issues and it finally got resolved! I also was approved today for the HTB scheme! Happy Days!

Well thanks for all your hard work, otherwise I don't think it would've been sorted! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 abrushka

mjp wrote: »
    Applying for self build application. Sent in all our P12's and got P21s few weeks ago. However my girlfriend owes €700 due to USC calculated incorrectly in 2014. I thought she would have to clear this balance up before we could go further with application but Revenue told her yesterday that she could pay it back over next 5 years as USC is not a PAYE tax. Anyone have similar issue? Know from before that get lot of conflicting advice from different people in revenue.

I called yesterday for the fifth time to see what was holding up our application. My partners was under review for the past week while mine was added without issue last Monday. Having been on hold for about 5 mins, the lady said the delay was due to my partner underpaying tax by 20 euro in 2012, a year we hadn't claimed relief on. Seems a bit dubious to me. Hopefully the process moves on once this is paid off!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Freddy2017

Does anybody how long it takes for a solicitor to register to verify an application? Our solicitor sent his his registration last Thurs to revenue.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Freddy2017 wrote: »
    Does anybody how long it takes for a solicitor to register to verify an application? Our solicitor sent his his registration last Thurs to revenue.

There is a backlog at the moment- however, typically- its 4-5 working days. If staff were prioritised- it could be done faster, but its not seen as a critical activity (and staffing resources are limited).

Ok thanks for that. The lady I was speaking to in revenue said she would keep an eye for it coming in and try and prioritise it so here's hoping we might hear something this week. Application pending the last 2 weeks. I really hope that's the only thing that's holding it up from being approved.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭trixychic

Hi all,

Trying to get into property ladder but i thought this scheme had been discontinued. Is it back now?? What criteria needs to be met??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,019 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

trixychic wrote: »
    Hi all,

Trying to get into property ladder but i thought this scheme had been discontinued. Is it back now?? What criteria needs to be met??

Perhaps you may be confusing this new help to buy scheme with some other scheme? Anyway best to read the revenue page or google for any the many articles written about it over last couple of months

• Registered Users Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭trixychic

Perhaps you may be confusing this new help to buy scheme with some other scheme? Anyway best to read the revenue page or google for any the many articles written about it over last couple of months

Yep totally for it wrong. Sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 james214

Anybody know how long it takes for builders (contractors) to get approved for Help to Buy Scheme?

Our contractors registered for the Help to Buy Scheme nearly 2 weeks ago and are still awaiting confirmation from the revenue on whether or not their application has been successful.

I'm in the same boat. Waiting for solicitor to get registered. Is there a time limit on how long a claim can remain pending? Ours is gone in since 30th jan. It's so annoying

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Stella2012

Deposit paid in Nov 2016, Revenue confirmed the refund will be for me as a retrospective. The money not yet on my bk account. Keep ringing them and they confirmed the payment has been made and it takes couple of days. Does anyone know how long to get the money ? Thanks

MissElle wrote: »
    So my claim was finally verified by our builder today (retrospective buyer) and got an email through MyEnquiries that a refund will be issued in around 5 days, very surprised!

Turned out I had made a mistake with one of the deposit amounts when submitting the claim. I wouldn't have even known about the mistake if the woman from our builders company hadn't called me. So I just cancelled the claim, resubmitted it with the correct values and she verified it 15 minutes later. Only applied on the 20th January, thought it would take a good bit longer.

MissElle I got the same message from revenue and the refund takes more than 5 days. How long did it take you to get the refund? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭lunamia

Stella2012 wrote: »
    Deposit paid in Nov 2016, Revenue confirmed the refund will be for me as a retrospective. The money not yet on my bk account. Keep ringing them and they confirmed the payment has been made and it takes couple of days. Does anyone know how long to get the money ? Thanks

Hi Stella,
    is your application still saying "Pending" or what?

lunamia wrote: »
    Hi Stella,
    is your application still saying "Pending" or what?

Hi Lunamia, it said approved and the refund will be issued in 5 working days. Now it s nearly 2 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

Does anyone know if savings you have affect eligibility for this scheme? My gf and I are first time buyers and are looking at a new development at the moment, just wondering is everyone eligible as long as LTV is >70% and both are FTBs?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,873 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Dave147 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if savings you have affect eligibility for this scheme? My gf and I are first time buyers and are looking at a new development at the moment, just wondering is everyone eligible as long as LTV is >70% and both are FTBs?

Savings should make no difference, once you satisfy the FTB and LTV requirements.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭stamjoe

I sent my numbers to the builder so they can continue to with verifying the claim, do I also need to send these to the bank?

Hi Lunamia, it said approved and the refund will be issued in 5 working days. Now it s nearly 2 weeks.

My status moved now from Pending to Approved just because the Builder approved my application.
    And on the Revenue's portal it's now saying:
    "Your HTB refund will issue in approximately 5 working days.."

I was nearly celebrating, when, reading your message, I'm now a bit anxious.

Do you know if the builder has already approved your application?
    Have you already called the Revenue?

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Prismatic

My status moved now from Pending to Approved just because the Builder approved my application.
    And on the Revenue's portal it's now saying:
    "Your HTB refund will issue in approximately 5 working days.."

I was nearly celebrating, when, reading your message, I'm now a bit anxious.

Do you know if the builder has already approved your application?
    Have you already called the Revenue?

I am also a retrospective applicant. Do you need the builder to verify the claim if you have taken possession of the house in 2016 and stamp duty paid?

I would have thought Revenue can see everything they need to approve an application in my case without involving the builder.

I can't find any reference on Revenue site showing what to do in this case.

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭Limpar

Hey guys,

After getting an Application Code, I submitted a group application as a retrospective buyer a couple of weeks ago.
    I spoke with Revenue on the phone today and they advised me to contact my solicitor with the Claim Number and Access Code.

I was just wondering what other instructions I should give my solictor?
    Do they need to login through MyAccount and follow the HTB link also?

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Wopp

We paid and signed in Nov 2016 too. Were you able to claim for 2016 even though you signed in 2016 but completing the sale in 2017? Or were you stuck with 2015-14-13-12?

Thanks!

Prismatic wrote: »
    I am also a retrospective applicant. Do you need the builder to verify the claim if you have taken possession of the house in 2016 and stamp duty paid?

I would have thought Revenue can see everything they need to approve an application in my case without involving the builder.

Yes, absolutely, without the builder confirming the application, the process cannot be closed. Give them the codes.

Also, the deposit to specify in the Schema, is the one paid to the Builder, not the one paid to the bank, as in my case that I gave 20% to the bank for the mortgage, but 10% to the builder...
    In cases like mine, write the 10% on the schema, otherwise the builder cannot confirm that

Limpar wrote: »
    Hey guys,

After getting an Application Code, I submitted a group application as a retrospective buyer a couple of weeks ago.
    I spoke with Revenue on the phone today and they advised me to contact my solicitor with the Claim Number and Access Code.

I was just wondering what other instructions I should give my solictor?
    Do they need to login through MyAccount and follow the HTB link also?

Thanks.

As a retrospective buyer I didn't need to involve my solicitor. I emailed the builder the claim codes and once they verified the information my claim was complete. Im assuming you have claim numbers? If not you need to log on to the HTB link on the Revenue website and complete the application.
    MissElle I got the same message from revenue and the refund takes more than 5 days. How long did it take you to get the refund? Thanks

My claim was only verified on Friday so I assumed it wouldn't be until this week or early next week until I received it! Although going by your posts the process takes a bit longer, than 5 days, I wonder what the hold up is?

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Prismatic

Prismatic wrote: »

Yes, absolutely, without the builder confirming the application, the process cannot be closed. Give them the codes.

Also, the deposit to specify in the Schema, is the one paid to the Builder, not the one paid to the bank, as in my case that I gave 20% to the bank for the mortgage, but 10% to the builder...
    In cases like mine, write the 10% on the schema, otherwise the builder cannot confirm that

Ok, thanks for that. Seems silly though as Revenue have all the info they need - my FTB status, mortgage drawdown details and new build stamp duty paid. Not sure why the builder would have to verify an already fully complete transaction.

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭tbayers

So claim went through around 2 and a half weeks ago. Rang them Thursday (ring the number you use if outside of Ireland, this crowd seem to be most helpful. The local SE office was useless, to put it mildly). Asked for an update on my claim, They said somebody will be in touch who is dealing with everything by COB. Got a phone call that evening saying that they have some issues with the process itself and that someone will be looking at my claim next week, hopefully. Woke up from night shift the next day (last Friday) saying my claim has been approved. Money in my account yesterday (Tuesday). I said it before, it is a very easy process if you have your tax affairs in order and your builder is signed up to the process. Yes it might take time but other than that I would have no complaints. 

I also rang my builder last week to ask them to confirm my details and they did. They may have sped up the process too.  I didn't contact my solicitor about anything else either only to receive a copy of the contract.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭TheUnderfaker

I'm a retrospective buyer but my solicitor hasn't received the contract back from the builder yet. I'm stuck at the part where I'm supposed to upload the contract to MyEnquiries. Should I just send on my claim codes to my builder, or did ye have the contracts before you contacted them?

Advertisement