Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to buy apple trees

Options
  • 11-10-2016 5:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭

Hi all, looking to buy 8 Apple trees in the near future. Can anyone recommend a good garden centre in the Louth / north county Dublin area?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,529 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

tully's nurseries in north county dublin are one of the bigger tree suppliers, but i don't know what their fruit selection is like.
    you should give serious consideration to irish seed savers - they're in clare, but i think they can deliver - as you will be more likely to get apples which do well in our climate.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Luckysasha

We got 2 apple trees from Arthur's nursery in Ardee about 6 years ago. The have thrived and this year I got a full black plastic bag from both the trees. Don't know the exact variety but there red apples normally ready for picking late September

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Borzoi

fruit and nut. ie

huge selection - ring them for advice. they courier out your trees.

• Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭johnp001

Irish Seed Savers
    In Scarriff, Co. Clare have a large range of native Irish apple trees

• Registered Users Posts: 15,401 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Not in Dublin, but they deliver to your door - Futureforests are my strong recommendation, bought nearly all my fruit trees from them.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭SparrowHawk

Thanks all for your suggestions. I ended up buying from Johnston garden centre. They were more expensive, but they were the only place that actually had stock when I originally posted. Everyone else could only supply late November or December. Now I have six apple trees planted up:-)

Advertisement