Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Money money!!

Options
  • 11-10-2016 6:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭

Did we do well in the budget ladies (and gents)? I have been googling and I can't tell if the increases in social welfare payments include maternity and child benefit? I'm only getting state pay so it'd be great. Also did anyone listen to the finer details on the childcare rebate / allowance?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Cakerbaker

As far as I can tell, no change in child benefit. Not sure about Maternity Benefit. A childcare subsidy of €900 a year if in Tusla registered childcare. I read somewhere that it's 50cent per hour to a max of 40 hours a week. Not 100% clear on the details yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭catrionanic

No changes in child benefit or maternity pay.

A subsidy for childcare for families with combined incomes less than 80k. That's about it for families though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Digs

I got a budget summary newsletter from a professional tax body I'm a member of. It said maternity and paternity benefit would be going up to €235. It would make sense as they are weekly social welfare payments.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,192 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

No changes in child benefit or maternity pay.

A subsidy for childcare for families with combined incomes less than 80k. That's about it for families though.

The 20 a week is open to everyone though, is it per child?
    Zappone was on the radio and was taking about it but she mentioned starting September 2017 you could register on some website, not sure when the start date is.
    Was there also an extra free year of pre-school?

Just read it's September 2017, may have another kid to take advantage of it, the year wait is knocking one kid out of it and only giving us 9mts with the younger one.

• Advertisement

Just read it's September 2017, may have another kid to take advantage of it, the year wait is knocking one kid out of it and only giving us 9mts with the younger one.

Having another child to take advantage of the couple hundred a year you'd save on the couple of thousand you'd spend on their childcare doesn't really compute does it :D

They'd go mad for it over in the bargain alerts thread : )

• Registered Users Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭Beanybabog

I assume that's s joint Income of 80k? It's fairly poor amount back considering the cost of childcare

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭duedate

What about the social welfare Christmas bonus of 85% of normal week - don't suppose this applies to either maternity benefit or children's allowance?

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭beechwood55

No. Neither of those ever qualified for the Christmas Bonus.

• Advertisement

duedate wrote: »
    What about the social welfare Christmas bonus of 85% of normal week - don't suppose this applies to either maternity benefit or children's allowance?

Never have been included unfortunately. Just for the likes of jobseekers and pension etc

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭duedate

crap, although not unexpected - I wasn't really getting my hopes up. Shur why on earth would parents need a few extra quid at Christmas?:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭Beanybabog

The Irish times says maternity benefit IS increasing .... It's not much but better than a decrease

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Beanybabog wrote: »
    The Irish times says maternity benefit IS increasing .... It's not much but better than a decrease

When is it increasing though?

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    When is it increasing though?

March 2017 I think

• Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭catrionanic

Cakerbaker wrote: »
    March 2017 I think

Didn't know that! Do you know how much it'll change by?

reports online are saying a €5 increase for all social welfare payments.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Cakerbaker wrote: »
    March 2017 I think

Too late for me, oh well!

Advertisement