Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How long does it take to transfer account from one bank branch to a different bank br

Options
  • 11-10-2016 6:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi, I recently opened an account with Bank Of Ireland (19 Sept 2016) and wanted to transfer my account contents with Permanent TSB over to Bank Of Ireland and then close the Permanent TSB account. I'm just wondering how long should it take to change over?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Good morning Davwat1, 

Thank you for getting in contact with us and welcome to Boards.ie. 

Generally, if a switch was requested upon account opening this should take place within 10 days. However, if not you would need to contact your old back request the account to be closed. They should then be able to transfer your balance to Bank of Ireland. The account closing time will depend on the bank however, if the transfer is made electronically, it should only take 1 working day. 

I hope this helps and if you need anything else, please don't hesitate to contact us again. 

Thanks, 
    Elaine 

Advertisement