Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Helicopter over Stillorgan

Options
  • 11-10-2016 6:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,665 ✭✭✭

The Garda helicopter has been doing loops of Stillorgan/Kilmacud and the hovering over the Lower Kilmacud Road between O'Dwyers pub and St Laurences church for the last 15 minutes. Anyone know what's going on?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭Payton

Watching people making a run on the banks with the budget I'd say. :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,665 ✭✭✭54and56

Payton wrote: »
    Watching people making a run on the banks with the budget I'd say. :-)

Boom boom :D

It's still hovering away. Must be something fairly serious.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Always love when these posts appear.... 'OMG, Garda Chopper on the nice side of the Southside!'.

It's pretty much a nightly occurrence on the Northside! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Colleagues wedding probably, giving them a fly over to waste money and some time

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,646 Mod ✭✭✭✭TrueDub

I heard that there'd been an armed robbery in the village and they were chasing someone around Stillorgan/Kilmacud. I've no further detail or any way of backing this up, so take it as you will.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

The humanity

Had a grand quiet night in Finglas for once!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭Utdfan20titles

The Garda helicopter has been doing loops of Stillorgan/Kilmacud and the hovering over the Lower Kilmacud Road between O'Dwyers pub and St Laurences church for the last 15 minutes. Anyone know what's going on?

Prob looking for a new pad

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭wally79

Did anyone hear what this was?

I was there when the helicopter was hovering. Saw 6/7 different Squad cars and a lot of guards doing rounds of the estates

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭The flying mouse

Lord Lucan riding shergar was seen in the area...

wally79 wrote: »
    Did anyone hear what this was?

I was there when the helicopter was hovering. Saw 6/7 different Squad cars and a lot of guards doing rounds of the estates

Kids came home today with the full story. "Apparently" there was an armed robbery (exaggerated?) in Centra beside the Millhouse Pub and the robbers scarpered into the nearby housing estates on foot, with two of them being caught.

Can't find anything about it in the news so could be total BS :p

• Advertisement

Kids came home today with the full story. "Apparently" there was an armed robbery (exaggerated?) in Centra beside the Millhouse Pub and the robbers scarpered into the nearby housing estates on foot, with two of them being caught.

Can't find anything about it in the news so could be total BS :p

Nope.
    Not true at all.
    There was no crime committed in stillorgan, that's just where the culprits ended up.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,927 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Boom boom :D

It's still hovering away. Must be something fairly serious.

Maybe it's broken down :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Steve012

The traffic was back to back from town out to stillorgan bout 4:30 2 ambulances an a squad car.. prob unrelated.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,646 Mod ✭✭✭✭TrueDub

bubblypop wrote: »
    Nope.
    Not true at all.
    There was no crime committed in stillorgan, that's just where the culprits ended up.

This is correct, apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Schrodingercat

Couple of lads on a crime spree in the north crashed their car, and then stole another one and drove back down south.

http://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/i-thought-i-was-going-to-die-there-says-teenage-girl-held-at-gunpoint-758995.html

Couple of lads on a crime spree in the north crashed their car, and then stole another one and drove back down south.

http://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/i-thought-i-was-going-to-die-there-says-teenage-girl-held-at-gunpoint-758995.html

The prize for blood hound of the year goes to Schrodingercat!! :D

Advertisement