Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TY Religion Class

Options
  • 11-10-2016 6:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭

Does anybody have any ideas for a TY religion class? I never taught religion before and I'm struggling to come up with interesting ideas. I've been doing a bit of mindfulness so far and that seems to have worked OK, but if anyone has any advice I'd be delighted. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭nermal15

I have a scheme and a useful Powerpoint with ideas for TY RE (I didn't make the PP but it's pretty good!). You can also download the leaving cert religious education syllabus which has ideas for non-exam RE.

Let me know your email address if you'd like me to send that stuff on :)

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Mendoza

Sophies world.... Could do some philosophy.

Alain De Botton Consolation of Philosophy. Good for some practical philosophy for living, but you'd need to read through and organise it for your lessons. Could incorporate that into your mindfulness. Showing students how to cope with difficulties etc. Pastoral role stuff

Could also do Religion and art. Images of Jesus throughout time. probably find some stuff on that online.

Tuesdays with Morrie... I did that with some TYs but they really weren't mad on it.

I don't envy you. Best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Aufbau

Like all departments your school, the religion department in your school will have a yearly plan that will include a subject plan for TY. Just ask any of the religion teachers where to find a copy of the plan. If religion in TY is new in the school, is up to the whole religion dept to devise a plan for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

Well we rotate TYs so that they have 6 different teachers a year and 6 different modules. It really gives them a wide range of things they might not have done before.

I do a module on New Religious Movements and Cults. They tend to find it very interesting.

Advertisement