Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Medtronic info

Options
  • 11-10-2016 7:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I'm on the job hunt (graduate engineer) and was looking for any info on Medtronic that I could get - what type of products do they make in the Galway plant, etc.

Would anyone be able to help me out (pm if you don't want to post here)

Thanks a lot in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,275 ✭✭✭Your Face

Would you send them a email or ring them?
    Maybe ask them your questions and casually mention your engineering background.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭GalwayGrrrrrl

http://www.medtronic.ie/about-medtronic/business-overview/cardiovascular/index.htm

I don't know how much detail you need but I know they make the cardiac stents in Galway (and possibly other items too).

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Alan McG

I've interviewed with Medtronic and completed the aptitude test.

I've been asked to provide copies of my degrees, contact details for my referees and also to come in for a medical on Monday.

I don't suppose anyone can tell me how many more steps there are before a job offer? I was under the impression that the interview with the management was held prior to the medical etc.?

Perhaps I'm wrong, but just seems a bit arse about elbow to do the medical first. Or does it mean that they're skipping straight to the job offer without meeting with management? (saying that, one of the initial interviewers could have been senior enough to fulfill this requirement)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Generally you only have one interview. The medical is the last hurdle.

Thanks. Lets hope I get all the questions right so!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭Captain Slow IRL

I'm just after passing the interview stage, psychometric assessment is next - how did you find it Alan? Is it in a room full of people or you on your own?

PM sent.

Can you confirm that you got the PM please Captain Slow?

Nothing seems to be appearing in my sent messages folder...

Got it Alan!

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Buddy74

Alan McG wrote: »
    I've interviewed with Medtronic and completed the aptitude test.

I've been asked to provide copies of my degrees, contact details for my referees and also to come in for a medical on Monday.

I don't suppose anyone can tell me how many more steps there are before a job offer? I was under the impression that the interview with the management was held prior to the medical etc.?

Perhaps I'm wrong, but just seems a bit arse about elbow to do the medical first. Or does it mean that they're skipping straight to the job offer without meeting with management? (saying that, one of the initial interviewers could have been senior enough to fulfill this requirement)
    Sorry but which level position is it for ? As dependent on the level you won't be meeting 'management' just a HR rep and maybe a production rep

• Advertisement

Buddy74 wrote: »
    Sorry but which level position is it for ? As dependent on the level you won't be meeting 'management' just a HR rep and maybe a production rep

Sorry only saw this now. It's for an R&D Engineer position.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Buddy74

I'd say that more than likely you'll only have the one interview but no harm in asking on an update if you want clarification in case you failed the medical

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

You will only have the one interview. If you are as far as the medical you can be pretty confident!

I was lucky enough to be offered a job, thanks to everyone for their advice and help.

Well done Captain Slow. When do you start?

It's a big place but you never know, I might see you around.

I'm currently looking online for accommodation in the area. Pickings certainly are slim!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

Congrats Captain! :D

I take it you got in as well, Alan? I'd say we'll be in different buildings, 1 and 4 if I am not mistaken.

I certainly did. All a bit mysterious as to what exactly they'll be getting me to do, but sure I guess R&D is R&D!

Thankfully there's another lad starting at the same time as me which should make the transition easier.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 mike1994d

Hey. I have the 90 minute assessment with them on Thursday for an intern r&d position and just wondering if you could give a few tips for preparing for it. Like what kind of questions come up etc. Any help would be great. thanks

mike1994d wrote: »
    Hey. I have the 90 minute assessment with them on Thursday for an intern r&d position and just wondering if you could give a few tips for preparing for it. Like what kind of questions come up etc. Any help would be great. thanks

PM sent.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement