Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WW BEERS - House Warming

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Uriel. wrote: »
    Do we know who is confirmed as going and confirmed venue?

(Another list!) From those who confirmed this week only. Doesn't include anyone who expressed interest previously as it was too far back and things could have changed:

quickbeam
    sullivlo
    Digital Solitude
    The_Valeyard
    tritium
    crosstownk
    Tigger (maybe)
    y0ssar1an22
    Persepoly (might, hopefully)

Will update as people confirm.

Venue seems to be The Black Sheep. I don't know it, somebody else suggested it as a good spot. I've no idea if we need to book an area or what? Anybody else aware of the story here, or do we just turn up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

quickbeam wrote: »
    Grumpy old women too :)

7pm sounds fine. It's a Saturday. I won't be at work. Can't speak for anybody who might work weekends though. Would expect to be there until 11pm, depending on how this old woman's stamina keeps up with the young 'uns.
    ok i'll not drive donw specially for two hours but if i can group things together ill be there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Havent drank in nine weeks, the smell of beer will probably have me on my head.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,890 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

count me in

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Turns out I'll be in the Canaries when this is on. :(

• Advertisement

any chance we can move the venue abit closer to the liffey? i'll still go, but would prefer somewhere a bit more central :P

i dont know of any places really, just thought i'd throw it out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

any chance we can move the venue abit closer to the liffey? i'll still go, but would prefer somewhere a bit more central :P

i dont know of any places really, just thought i'd throw it out there.

I don't know that we've definitely settled on the black sheep but even if we have its not that far off the beaten track.

Any and all venue suggestions are welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭sullivlo

quickbeam wrote: »
    Any and all venue suggestions are welcome.

What about that place opposite Connolly station? Or cassidys on Westmorland street? Or the square ball?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

I've no preference for any particular establishment but somewhere without loud music would be good - so we can talk and be heard.

Cue the old gumpy ba$tard comments.............

EDIT - I didn't say NO music. I'm not that old :)

• Advertisement

sullivlo wrote: »
    What about that place opposite Connolly station? Or cassidys on Westmorland street? Or the square ball?

or that place, over there

crosstownk wrote: »
    I've no preference for any particular establishment but somewhere without loud music would be good - so we can talk and be heard.

Cue the old gumpy ba$tard comments.............

EDIT - I didn't say NO music. I'm not that old :)

agreed, might be worth trying to figure out where wouldn't be too busy on a saturday night so we can see if we can get a table or two etc...

but I can stand no problem. :)

You can reserve tables in the Black Sheep. It's a very nice pub :) Craft beers and fancy chips in fancy buckets.

I might be able to stick my head in hopefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Oh I love craft beer and chips.

PP pls go

PP pls go

You're so easy :p

Uriel. wrote: »
    You're so easy :p

I'm hammered atm which is why I'm being friendly.

I'm nice but not friendly so any sensitive souls don't speak to me Saturday as you won't like me.

I love you all

PP pls go

Not just any auld chips DS. Hipster chips!
    Now how do you like that!

:p

Only the finest duck fat chips for me.

Acoording to Mrs. DS I've to get off boards as I "look like a loser at pre drinks"

+1 to seats and quiet enough to chat.

alright peeps. whats the plan? black sheep for 9? do we bring name tags? :pac:

• Advertisement

do we bring name tags? :pac:

Yeah. No need to write your full name. "Yossar" will do just fine.

I'm useless at remembering names so I'll just stick with your boardsie usernames :) :pac:

Random question. Is the black sheep popular for rugby? I ask because there's rugby on Saturday so if people head there to watch the rugby, that might make it busy.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,441 ✭✭✭tritium

Random question. Is the black sheep popular for rugby? I ask because there's rugby on Saturday so if people head there to watch the rugby, that might make it busy.

Is that the one that used to be bar of choice for southern hemisphere folks? Probably be busy enough if yhats still the case

Thought we said 7 o clock? I'm staying in Maynooth so will be leaving at about 10.45 so earlier is better

Thought we said 7 o clock? I'm staying in Maynooth so will be leaving at about 10.45 so earlier is better

7 suits me, DS. I've stuff to do early on Sunday so can't hang around too late.

tritium wrote: »
    Is that the one that used to be bar of choice for southern hemisphere folks? Probably be busy enough if yhats still the case

I think you might be thinking of the woolshed just up beside cineworld. The Australian bar?

Haven't been in the black sheep for awhile but last time I was there it had no TVs, but since then it's probably developed a bit - especially as Galway breweries took over

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

hey, bad news for me. In out. :(:(:(

Long story short, other half needs a rest and night off from baby, so I've to be in duty. Another time perhaps.

Long story short, other half needs a rest and night off from baby, so I've to be in duty. Another time perhaps.

Bring baby

Send the wife/gf in your place

• Advertisement

Bring baby

Why not? Drop in early and stay for an hour then hit the road. A proper break for your OH.

Advertisement