Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Land Registry Stages Help

Options
  • 11-10-2016 8:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Hi folks, I've a bit of a query involving a property we are sale agreed on. We are 3 months sale agreed on a house, that our surveyor found a discrepancy on the boundaries. So the paper work hasnt made it to our solicitor yet as a result.

Seemingly our vendor had over shot his boundary by a couple of feet. As they are related to the land owner, they've been able to sort it out between them and new boundaries staked out and paper work has been lodged to land registry. So it all sounds like it's underway as such, but we've been stuck at this point for a while now.

When we look up the property's folio the latest status given is "Mapped: Mapping stage completed. Awaiting the drafting of a new folio". While that sounds like we are home and dry, it's been like that for several weeks. I don't know if anyone has encountered this before, but we have no experience or information or even where the end is likely to be.

I realise I sound impatient, but I've all kinds of complications meaning we need to move asap. I wish I knew whether this meant - another few weeks, months or what? All our own solicitor has said is their side have said nothing to him since he raised the issue, they said they would sort it and will lodge new paper work.

Experiences or even a crystal ball anyone? :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,360 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

In normal circumstances, once agreement has been reached between all parties re altering the boundary or whatever, you should be able to proceed.
    The land registry could take 2 years to produce the updated mapping and folio but as far as Im concerned, this should not delay you whatsoever once all parties have signed.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Elizabeth Ann

mickdw wrote: »
    In normal circumstances, once agreement has been reached between all parties re altering the boundary or whatever, you should be able to proceed.
    The land registry could take 2 years to produce the updated mapping and folio but as far as Im concerned, this should not delay you whatsoever once all parties have signed.

Thank you so much for answering Mick, so appreciated. We haven't been approached to have anything checked since. I guess that means we aren't that much further along.

Advertisement