Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dynacord p5 system

Options
  • 11-10-2016 11:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 46

howas the goin , can anyone tell me how would a pair of dynacord cp18 bins match up to a dynacord p5 system, need an extra set of bins so i would then have ix pair f150 tops and 1x pair of f8 bins and the cp18 all driven by the dynacord pm2600 . any thoughts ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭godfrey

drumstore wrote: »
    howas the goin , can anyone tell me how would a pair of dynacord cp18 bins match up to a dynacord p5 system, need an extra set of bins so i would then have ix pair f150 tops and 1x pair of f8 bins and the cp18 all driven by the dynacord pm2600 . any thoughts ?

I don't know the particular cabs you mention, but a very important principle in audio systems is all your speakers should be identical, for the purpose of correct coupling and even power distribution. Adding dissimilar speakers will cause phase problems and will damage your overall sound.

Also, and more important, is that your amp is capable of handling the combined impedance of the speaker load presented to it, eg:

2 x 8ohm speakers together (on a single amp channel) will present a 4 ohm load to the amp. Common enough. A 3rd 8 ohm cabinet will bring the load down to 2.6 ohms, and not all amps can go down that low. It will cause protection to kick in at best, blow the output stage at worst.

g

Advertisement