If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Price differance

Options
  • 12-10-2016 4:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Hi, I was looking at a tv on your site in both Euro and sterling, the euro price was €1099 and the sterling price was 779, when I converted the cost of sterling to euro it worked out at €868 so why Is there a €232 difference?

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

raycah1 wrote: »
    Hi, I was looking at a tv on your site in both Euro and sterling, the euro price was €1099 and the sterling price was 779, when I converted the cost of sterling to euro it worked out at €868 so why Is there a €232 difference?
    Hi Ray,

thanks for your post - I'm not sure which TV you are looking at but our aim is always to be competitive in both the ROI and Northern Ireland on all our pricing - if you give me details of which TV I can have a look at it for you and revert - specifically with regard to TV many products don't rigidly reflect just the stark exchange rate but have to include many other factors including transport, insurance, cost of our 6 year warranty, FX at time of purchase and of course critically, local retail pricing.

...However as with EVERY product on our site - if you would like to purchase at the Sterling price you are completely free to do so - once the item is in stock and shipping is available you can select to pay in either currency and enjoy the best pricing for yourself.

..and don't forget that we are happy to pricebeat any cheaper price subject to our normal T's and C's.

Thanks again and keep me posted if we can assist or of course if you need any further information,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 22 raycah1

Thanks for you reply. The TV I was looking at was LG
    55UH661V
    55 inch 4K Ultra HD HDR Smart LED TV Freeview HD
    Just another question. Because you are based in the north does that mean if I by a TV it will not come with Soarview ? Or will it.
    Thanks
    Ray

Thanks for you reply. The TV I was looking at was LG
    55UH661V
    55 inch 4K Ultra HD HDR Smart LED TV Freeview HD
    Just another question. Because you are based in the north does that mean if I by a TV it will not come with Soarview ? Or will it.
    Thanks
    Ray
    Thanks Ray,

I've checked out the pricing on the LG 55UH661 and in euro we appear to be the cheapest in the ROI at €1099 including delivery and of course we also offer a 6 year warranty which our competitors don't - however without doubt at the moment you would be far better to purchase it in Sterling as its just £779 and with the exchange rate hovering around .90 to the Euro, sterling is the way to go!

In terms of Saorview - every TV we sell is Saorview ready with english manuals and 3 pin plug!, unlike some of our competitors we only stock and sell UK / Irl variants from all our brands - the 55UH661 will have Saorview & Freeview HD and a Satellite tuner straight out of the box and all the apps will localise to your own country / region.

The LG 55UH661 is available in Sterling here:

http://www.richersounds.ie/p-201994-55uh661v.aspx

Thanks again and keep us posted if we can assist in any way,

Best regards,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 22 raycah1

Thanks john

• Company Representative Posts: 17,285 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Thanks john
    Hey Raycah1.

Should you have anymore questions drop us a post :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭rai555

Hi Kenny, what would be best price plus delivery to ROI about 130 miles? Would like to add small 24'' TV with freeview + - Saorview + - soundabar

Thanks

• Company Representative Posts: 17,285 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

rai555 wrote: »
    Hi Kenny, what would be best price plus delivery to ROI about 130 miles? Would like to add small 24'' TV with freeview + - Saorview + - soundabar

Thanks
    Hi rai555,

Kenny is on annual leave at the moment so I hope you don't mind me replying on his behalf. The best price we could do on that TV would be £779 and delivery to ROI will be £6.99. The cheapest 24" TV I would have with built in Freeview/Saorview would be the LG 28MT48S at £189:

http://www.richersounds.com/product/tv---all/lg/24mt48s/lg-24mt48s

Again with the margins on our TVs this would be the best price. What soundbar did you have in mind and I'll see if there's anything I can do on that one?

Many thanks

David

Thanks
    Hi rai555,

Kenny is on annual leave at the moment so I hope you don't mind me replying on his behalf. The best price we could do on that TV would be £779 and delivery to ROI will be £6.99. The cheapest 24" TV I would have with built in Freeview/Saorview would be the LG 28MT48S at £189:

http://www.richersounds.com/product/tv---all/lg/24mt48s/lg-24mt48s

Again with the margins on our TVs this would be the best price. What soundbar did you have in mind and I'll see if there's anything I can do on that one?

Many thanks

David
    David,

sorry for delay but sems that completely black 55 tv needed, most of them has grey/silver bezels. Any suggestions?

Thanks
    Rai

Hi again, this TV seems nice but it says in store only?

http://www.richersounds.com/product/tv---all/samsung/ue55ku6000/sams-ue55ku6000

Any chance it to be delivered ?

Thanks

Hi again, this TV seems nice but it says in store only?

http://www.richersounds.com/product/tv---all/samsung/ue55ku6000/sams-ue55ku6000

Any chance it to be delivered ?

Thanks
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-202300-ue55ku6020.aspx

check out that bad boy, same price / same spec but we will give Boardies a £20 voucher if you purchase it on line at £679 so it actually works out £20 cheaper !

Keep us posted

Atvb

John mc & crew

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.