Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Text alerts

Options
  • 12-10-2016 7:12am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 34

Does BOI not have any form of text alerts for example when i receive a payment into my account or make one?

Pretty much all the UK banks have this option kind of surprising the biggest Irish bank has no options in this regard.

Apologies if you have this option i have searched the site and 365 banking quite thoroughly.

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Good Morning TooGood444, 

Thank you for getting in contact with us here on Boards.ie. 

While this is not currently a service which we offer, we do appreciate your feedback and will certainly forward this to our development team for future reviews. 

I would like to assure you however; that we do have a dedicated 24/7 fraud monitoring department. Our systems are designed to pick up any activity that is outside of the normal pattern of spend on accounts. If something appears, our systems issue a text asking the customer to reply with "Yes" or "No" to confirm the transaction. If the customer does not recognise the transaction, our security team will then contact the customer to open an investigation. 

Thank you again for your feedback and if we can help with anything else here, please don't hesitate to contact us again. 

Elaine

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭CVB

What is the number these messages are sent from so we know it BOI 100%

• Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭d22ontour

+353861800531

Is where  i got a  yes/no text from.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

CVB wrote: »
    What is the number these messages are sent from so we know it BOI 100%
    Good Morning CVB, 

Thank you for getting in contact with us here on Boards.ie. 

The text would be sent from a mobile number as d22ontour mentioned. However, if you are ever in doubt of any message you receive just contact us here with the text you received and we'll be more than happy to clarify the validity of the message. 

I hope this helps and if you need anything else, please don't hesitate to contact us again. 

Elaine.

Advertisement