Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Outspoken male "feminists" are hypocrites

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭Letree

I'm always surprised at the level of anger but difficulty in defining the problem.

I think there are problems, shirt scientist was one example. Most of the issues I see men complaining about are things that they would dismiss out of hand if feminists made the same claim.

There's an article on BBC news today about a pharmacy with a 7% 'man tax'. They claim it's to highlight the fact that womens items are on average 7% more expensive than men's items. Razors are one example where the price is just jacked up on women.

-the phqrmacy actually say it's a 7%reduction for women but they call at a man tax to make the point.

Thoughts?

If i was a man id never buy out of that pharmacy again. I just wouldn't trust them. Calling it a man tax is just not on.

Women can buy the same razors as men unless they want pink ones btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭The Highwayman

Tombo2001 wrote: »
    So you've cited two examples of this......one in seattle, one in Hollywood.

There are 8 billion people in the world, circa 3 billion adult men.

This is a pattern?

Ooooh a feminists in the wild spotted

OMG! Not Matt Hickey and Devin Faraci!!! :eek: I mean those guys are like em eh who are they?

Also, is two a pattern?

Nah there are quite a few of these loosers.

Here is another one who was huge in the male feminists oligarchy

https://m.reddit.com/r/TheRedPill/comments/3qqsbq/leading_male_feminist_hannibalthevictor13_turns/

Creepy

OMG! Not Matt Hickey and Devin Faraci!!! :eek: I mean those guys are like em eh who are they?

Also, is two a pattern?

https://m.reddit.com/r/TheRedPill/comments/3qqsbq/leading_male_feminist_hannibalthevictor13_turns/

Creepy

• Registered Users Posts: 16,219 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

Creepy

The first post on that link is creepy. Apparently being a male feminist makes you a "beta" or have a low IQ. Apparently it's typical to be a sexual offender too.
    It appears that there are major issues with "male feminist SJWs" these days. They seem to fall into a few categories:
    1) Dumbasses who are fooled in college/hs legitimately by feminist bull****. This requires a pretty low IQ and weak will.
    2) Sex predators/offenders such as HannibaltheVictor13 or most male professors of "feminist" studies that **** their students
    3) Weak Betas that have low SMV and can't get women normally so they think that becoming a "feminist" will help them get laid.
    Hannibalthevictor13 is your typical SJW feminist. Fat, short, cowardly, weak looking and a convicted sex offender.
    Yet here we have clowns like this supporting Anita Sarkeesian's bull**** and other BP while being a sex offender condemning INNOCENT men of "rape" or other bull**** crimes.
    What else compels these people to become the way they are?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,309 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

I'm always surprised at the level of anger but difficulty in defining the problem.

I think there are problems, shirt scientist was one example. Most of the issues I see men complaining about are things that they would dismiss out of hand if feminists made the same claim.

There's an article on BBC news today about a pharmacy with a 7% 'man tax'. They claim it's to highlight the fact that womens items are on average 7% more expensive than men's items. Razors are one example where the price is just jacked up on women.

-the phqrmacy actually say it's a 7%reduction for women but they call at a man tax to make the point.

Thoughts?

the problem is artificially giving benefits to women at the expense of men. I have no problem with having the aim of an egalitarian society but that means that a boys education is just as important as a girls (picture yourself as a parent to a boy and girl here) and that as adults they fight it out in the workforce best man or woman wins. Yet we see pushes for gender quotas in things like police, army, firemen :pac: where the job isn't going to the best person so that's economically and ethically wrong
    Also I think the overall feminist narrative is just toxic and more like a cult, I made a specific point of showing my kids all the online feminist and gender nonsense so that they would steer well clear of it.
    Im not giving latter day feminism full credit here either, some countries like Germany or Japan don't have feminist movements like in the US but they have some of the issues that feminism might get blamed for in countries like the US

the pharmacy "man" tax thing is just a gimmick or a bit of marketing, they can do what they want, if its a play off the mythical wage gap, then that is just more cultural nonsense.

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Creepy

:eek: Not Hannibal the Victor!!!

Again, who the fúck is that? And male feminists have their own oligarchy? Shít just got real!!!

Can't say I'd ever want to spend any time reading anything on the Red Pill.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,322 ✭✭✭Potatoeman

A vague reference to a dreadful problem. If the problem is so big and omnipresent, as one poster put it, then it should be simple enough to point to and define.

People already gave you examples. I'm on my mobile so it would be a pain in the arse to go through old threads and pull stuff out. DIY

• Registered Users Posts: 4,322 ✭✭✭Potatoeman

Thoughts?

You know they cost more to make. They have more rubber and shaped blades.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,236 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

Letree wrote:
    If i was a man id never buy out of that pharmacy again. I just wouldn't trust them. Calling it a man tax is just not on.
    Letree wrote:
    Women can buy the same razors as men unless they want pink ones btw.
    silverharp wrote:
    the problem is artificially giving benefits to women at the expense of men. [...]
    Potatoeman wrote:
    You know they cost more to make. They have more rubber and shaped blades.

Right. So the means don't justify the end in this case. Or the end is false anyway.

What about the father's for justice interrupting the Rose of Tralee? What were your feelings on that incident?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,499 ✭✭✭Carlos Orange

Unless their point is that they discriminate against men I think their point was lost. Different prices for different people is discrimination. Different prices for different products isn't.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

What about the father's for justice interrupting the Rose of Tralee? What were your feelings on that incident?
    Twat. That was my feeling TBH.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

Right. So the means don't justify the end in this case. Or the end is false anyway.

yep pretty much, men and women tend to choose different lines of work, why not just leave it at that? if you only have one way quotas you distort the labour market against men and that affect women too. "where have all the good men gone?" erm u took their jerbs. Not a huge concern for the feminists especially the lesbian ones :D

who cares, not relevant

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 11,192 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Never got why any bloke would call himself a male feminist. Can't really put it into words... It's like a pompous or sissy thing to say.

Like I'm all for equal rights as most people are. But that term is just irritating.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭FizzleSticks

This post has been deleted.

psinno wrote:
    Unless their point is that they discriminate against men I think their point was lost. Different prices for different people is discrimination. Different prices for different products isn't.

Right. So again, the feminist angle is wrong.
    silverharp wrote:
    who cares, not relevant

Someone asked what I think. The responses to that question are relevant to help me understand your stance.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭ligerdub

Get out of that razor blade rabbit hole lads!

Someone asked what I think. The responses to that question are relevant to help me understand your stance.

its not relevant unless jumping on stage is a belief system, the thread has nothing to do with how an individual decides to protest so it has nothing to do with "my stance"

ligerdub wrote:
    Get out of that razor blade rabbit hole lads!
    silverharp wrote:
    its not relevant unless jumping on stage is a belief system, the thread has nothing to do with how an individual decides to protest so it has nothing to do with "my stance"

Lads, it's an internet discussion thread. It's normal to kick around ideas for the sake of chatting about them, even ones you don't agree with.

It was easy to get responses about the pharmacy's protest. But the Fathers for justice protest is nothing to do with the topic? How could that be the case?

Lads, it's an internet discussion thread. It's normal to kick around ideas for the sake of chatting about them, even ones you don't agree with.

It was easy to get responses about the pharmacy's protest. But the Fathers for justice protest is nothing to do with the topic? How could that be the case?

i dont watch the rose of tralee, its sexist :D , ok so it was fathers for justice, ok dont agree with interrupting public events for publicity but it seems like men can get a raw deal in the family courts so men should be treated fairly.
    You would agree that the divorce courts in the US an and UK give women a lot of privilege and silly settlements for reasons that make little sense in the modern age?

• Advertisement

silverharp wrote:
    i dont watch the rose of tralee, its sexist , ok so it was fathers for justice, ok dont agree with interrupting public events for publicity but it seems like men can get a raw deal in the family courts so men should be treated fairly. You would agree that the divorce courts in the US an and UK give women a lot of privilege and silly settlements for reasons that make little sense in the modern age?

Yeah I'd agree that men get a raw deal in child custody and women sometimes get weird settlements in divorce.

Responses to the pharmacy protest were that the ends dont justify the means, or the end is spurious to begin with, discrimination against men and giving benefits to women at the expense of men.

Responses to the Fathers for Justice was twats, not relevant, stop asking/answering about that incident, and after a bit of coaxing, the end is justified even if not the means.

So the lads on this forum at least, view those 2 incidents from a very different perspective.

Maybe I picked a bad example of a feminist protest. Are there any good examples of feminist protests that you hear about and think it's fair enough? (Either in means or ends)

The right to be hanged was a protest with integrity which early feminists campaigned for. I'd have plenty of time for such feminists as equlity was actually their objective not making their egos feel better.

Ok. Fair one. Any modern feminist protests that are fair enough.

Responses to the pharmacy protest were that the ends dont justify the means, or the end is spurious to begin with, discrimination against men and giving benefits to women at the expense of men.

Responses to the Fathers for Justice was twats, not relevant, stop asking/answering about that incident, and after a bit of coaxing, the end is justified even if not the means.

So the lads on this forum at least, view those 2 incidents from a very different perspective.

Maybe I picked a bad example of a feminist protest. Are there any good examples of feminist protests that you hear about and think it's fair enough? (Either in means or ends)

your way of moving on a debate is a bit slippery, the thread isnt about how random groups or individuals protest, you should really stick to the issue "is there a pink tax?" and is it worth worrying about or do men get a fair deal in the courts. You would get better answers

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Certainly not my position thanks very much. Twat =/= useful protest.
    silverharp wrote: »
    You would get better answers
    Pointless exercise S, as my suspicion and experience when dealing with such positions held(of all stripes) tends to be the only answers he wants are those that agree with his position and the lady's not for turning. Hence the "slippery debate" and feigned ignorance hoping to get a rise out of those holing a different position.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

Wibbs wrote: »

Pointless exercise S, as my suspicion and experience when dealing with such positions held(of all stripes) tends to be the only answers he wants are those that agree with his position and the lady's not for turning. Hence the "slippery debate" and feigned ignorance hoping to get a rise out of those holing a different position.

cheers for the head up, response effort will be pulled back accordingly :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

There are certain causes which tend to be femalecentric like feminism, animal rights, veganism, abortion etc. You will notice there is usually one or two creepy guys in these crowds who are invariably there as a means to graze against some boob.
    You will also notice these self same creeps on this very forum thanking and replying to any post made by an obviously female poster.

silverharp wrote:
    your way of moving on a debate is a bit slippery, the thread isnt about how random groups or individuals protest, you should really stick to the issue "is there a pink tax?" and is it worth worrying about or do men get a fair deal in the courts. You would get better answers

I am asking for your views. I reported your views back as accurately as I could. That's not slippery. It's just discussion. I asked for your views on 2 protests and asked for better roles in case I used a poor example.

The topics, "is there a pink tax?" and is it worth worrying about or do men get a fair deal in the courts. are done to death and don't really go anywhere interesting. I'm asking about your views more generally and I'm getting a lot of suspicion. It's just a discussion forum lads.

There are plenty of lads who are perfectly willing to offer fully formed opinions. Im asking for the reasons that lead to the opinions and that's being treated as a faux pas.
    Wibbs wrote:
    Certainly not my position thanks very much. Twat =/= useful protest.

Thanks for clarifying. You were commenting on the means of the protest. Are Fathers for justice ends justified, in you opinion?
    silverharp wrote:
    cheers for the head up, response effort will be pulled back accordingly

Lads, it's a discussion forum. Why such reluctance to discuss the reasons for your opinion? You stand to lose nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭pumpkin4life

Never got why any bloke would call himself a male feminist. Can't really put it into words... It's like a pompous or sissy thing to say.

Like I'm all for equal rights as most people are. But that term is just irritating.

From my experience, the male feminist is the guy who is most likely to talk shìt about you behind your back; how much of an asshole you are because you treat her like sh1ite (but he will say this in a passive-aggressive way because he doesn't have the balls to contront you lol) or to try (and inevitably fail) to get it off with another lad's girlfriend, because he's a scummy little rabbit. They get on board with this shìte because you know, they're nice people and they'll get off with some one as a result if they like what she likes. They're untrustworthy creeps who will never have your back, especially when women come into the picture.

If you meet anyone who calls themselves a feminist (especially men), run the fùck away, preferably as quickly as possible. They are toxic, broken, formicating people.

• Advertisement

I am asking for your views. I reported your views back as accurately as I could. That's not slippery. It's just discussion. I asked for your views on 2 protests and asked for better roles in case I used a poor example.

The topics, "is there a pink tax?" and is it worth worrying about or do men get a fair deal in the courts. are done to death and don't really go anywhere interesting. I'm asking about your views more generally and I'm getting a lot of suspicion. It's just a discussion forum lads.

no you are bringing minor instances without even explaining the point. re the "7%" tax thing, all I had seen prior was a pix on twitter and I didn't know why they did it and you didn't explain it either, you then take my dismissal of it as evasion and a score for you. if you want to present something to invite my response lay it out for me and assume I know nothing about it which often I don't. otherwise I will begin to assume you are not a very cogent poster or you are trying to set posters up so you can appear to have the high ground.

Advertisement