Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coffee Bargains

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,483 ✭✭✭caviardreams

I didn't think Robusta was still a thing tbh :pac:

I hate to think what the growers are getting out of those beans - I know you were only pointing out what you think is a bargain though Tatranska, which is fair enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭s3rtvdbwfj81ch

so I would rather go for the former for the bit extra imo, but it's all personal preference

yep, I'm absolutely the same.

My mrs isn't though, she'll settle for any aul shíte :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

I didn't think Robusta was still a thing tbh :pac:

I hate to think what the growers are getting out of those beans - I know you were only pointing out what you think is a bargain though Tatranska, which is fair enough.

It's actually not a bad coffee despite being cheap as chips. It has a little following among some of my friends since I have them a cup . They won't drink any old rubbish :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

It's actually not a bad coffee despite being cheap as chips. It has a little following among some of my friends since I have them a cup . They won't drink any old rubbish :)

I see Lidl will have 1Kg bags of Robusta/aribica mix beans @ €4.99 from tomorrow ( 10 June ).

Wonder how it would compare to yours ?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,170 ✭✭✭limnam

Not sure I get Bell Lane's subs

3 month sub is 39.90

The most expensive single origin bag is 10.10

are they charging 3 quid to ship each bag?

• Advertisement

Ask them?

Ask them?

Obviously, but as it's not exactly the most buzzing fora I thought it might generate some outraged discussions.

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Steviewinger

Having used hasbean for the last few years the inmymug weekly subscription. I've recently started using 3FE the lucky drip subscription. 11 euro each week for a 250gram single origin delivered to your door. Good value I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,041 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Having used hasbean for the last few years the inmymug weekly subscription. I've recently started using 3FE the lucky drip subscription. 11 euro each week for a 250gram single origin delivered to your door. Good value I think.

Each to their own. That's €44 per Kg. €39 gets me 2 Kg delivered from Adams & Russell.

limnam wrote: »
    Not sure I get Bell Lane's subs

3 month sub is 39.90

The most expensive single origin bag is 10.10

are they charging 3 quid to ship each bag?

Subscriptions are nearly always more expensive than one off orders because of the extra shipping costs.

• Advertisement

Subscriptions are nearly always more expensive than one off orders because of the extra shipping costs.

Right, but no more to ship each bag single or as part of sub each shipment and 3e seems a bit much each bag.

limnam wrote: »
    Right, but no more to ship each bag single or as part of sub each shipment and 3e seems a bit much each bag.

1 bag on it's own (non subscription) costs €5 in postage though, so the subscription postage is actually cheaper (though obviously it is very unlikely you would just order 1 small bag at a time!)

1 bag on it's own (non subscription) costs €5 in postage though, so the subscription postage is actually cheaper (though obviously it is very unlikely you would just order 1 small bag at a time!)

5e!

Ah, hadn't realised i thought the 10.10 was delivered price for the bag

Bailies 10% off for the weekend COFFEEDAD is the code

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

No more free shipping? Bah

RasTa wrote: »
    No more free shipping? Bah

Do the subscription prices still include delivery I wonder?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,002 ✭✭✭mad m

Do the subscription prices still include delivery I wonder?

Bailies it does, but instead of charging you the total up front for a 6 months sub its charging you 8-9 quid. so the micro lot sub will be £48.60 (with COFFEEDAD 10% off) so 6 months with a 250g bag every month.

Just finishing my 6 month micro lot sub from bailies. really enjoyed it.

15% off blends at Rave coffee until 5pm tomorrow - code:
    aiRwAVE

I decided to try coffee by a company called Spiller and Tate. I got Spiller & Tait Signature Blend Coffee Beans - 1kg Bag and Spiller & Tait Classic Italian Blend - Strong Coffee Beans 1kg Bag.

I've only tried the first one, Signature blend, so far and it's very, very nice.

M&S have bags of new brazilian beans with a roast date on them! The latest date I could see was 6th June 2018, so not too bad. €5 for a bag is a good price. Must try them when I am running low next.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭alec76

M&S have bags of new brazilian beans with a roast date on them! The latest date I could see was 6th June 2018, so not too bad.
    2019 ?

alec76 wrote: »
    2019 ?

Woops :o:o:o Yes 2019!

Colombian beans from M&S always decent, sometimes very good. Not sure for Brazilian, never liked Brazilian coffee in general.
    As for the roasting date for M&S ,it always there , 4 digits code ( 9033 ,first is year , last 3 - days ie 2019, 2nd February)

alec76 wrote: »
    Colombian beans from M&S always decent, sometimes very good. Not sure for Brazilian, never liked Brazilian coffee in general.
    As for the roasting date for M&S ,it always there , 4 digits code ( 9033 ,first is year , last 3 - days ie 2019, 2nd February)

I always thought that was the production date? The manufacturer could have roasted them well before packing etc. especially if they are sourcing pre-roasted beans or whatever.

They are packing beans same day as roast , while they still warm , there is CO realease valve in every bag for that reason.

Bailies 10% off all subscriptions (2nd July - 1st Aug)

Code: 10OFF

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Just signed up. £13.50 a month for two bags is good value. I've always bought my coffee from them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

RasTa wrote: »
    Just signed up. £13.50 a month for two bags is good value. I've always bought my coffee from them.

Just ordered too. Thanks for the code caviardreams

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭phunkadelic

What's the story with the subsciption price. It is quoting me £8, so is that £8 per 250g bag that they send out?

• Advertisement

What's the story with the subsciption price. It is quoting me £8, so is that £8 per 250g bag that they send out?

Yes, or you can save 15% for 2 bags per month. You can also tick the box below it to pay for the full subscription in one go up front.

Advertisement