Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maynooth Train Parking- None!

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Rathkenny

Lasting31 wrote: »
    Hello just recently moved to Maynooth and trying to figure out the best train to get to work in sir John Roberson quay. Can I ask are there any seats on the 8.10 Maynooth-Connolly express train which comes from Longford ? I am 5 months pregnant so keen to get a seat when possible as I tend to faint!

I get that train a couple of times a month (Monday - Wednesday) and I have only been left standing once. If it's busy for you, there is plenty of standing room so move down the train and make it obvious that you're pregnant. Hopefully somebody will have the good decency to give you their seat but if not, and you feel unwell or uncomfortable, then ask. There is nothing worse than being forced to stand when pregnant or sick. Best of luck with the rest of your pregnancy.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Lasting31

Thank you Moonbeam and Rathkenny.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,888 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

If a seat is a priority and you drive maybe you could consider going over to Hazelhatch instead

plenty of seats on services to Connolly

• Registered Users Posts: 68,884 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Riskymove wrote: »
    If a seat is a priority and you drive maybe you could consider going over to Hazelhatch instead

plenty of seats on services to Connolly

Driving through Celbridge at that time of the morning can take 40 minutes!

L1011 wrote: »
    Driving through Celbridge at that time of the morning can take 40 minutes!

Really?
    The Bus only takes 10 minutes from Salesian College to the bridge?

There is also more than one route
    You can go via Leixlip/Barnhall and Elm Hall

• Advertisement

Riskymove wrote: »
    Really?
    The Bus only takes 10 minutes from Salesian College to the bridge?

There is also more than one route
    You can go via Leixlip/Barnhall and Elm Hall

At that time of the morning I've had the bus take that long. Timetabled time (or other parts of the day run time) isn't indicative.

The bridge is one problem, Frank O'Rourkes traffic lights are another.

The longer route is getting towards insanity - and will still require either driving through Maynooth itself or bad backroads around. 8:18 has seats, 7:55 has seats; both much simpler.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭n97 mini

The bridge is one problem, Frank O'Rourkes traffic lights are another.
    :D

. 8:18 has seats, 7:55 has seats; both much simpler.

Well obviously that changes things.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Hercule

yeah the 8:18 is often still virtually empty while it sits waiting at 8:25 for the predictably late 8:09 from Sligo - 8:18 will not get you into town for 9am tho

• Registered Users Posts: 8,031 ✭✭✭Patser

Down here on Maynooth train now and seeing a thing about the parking that's driven me nuts on previous mornings. At this hour the car park is still 3/4 empty but people are already parking parallel to the canal in front of empty spaces.

Now I know it's a necessary evil for people to park there since spaces are at such a premium, but there have been mornings where I've seen 5 or 6 empty marked out spaces left empty because it's simply impossible to drive into them because of cars parked along the canal making the angle to drive in too tight. I've had mornings of having to leave these spaces behind and head to Louisa Bridge because of it.

So when I see people parking up large jeeps at up near the narrow entry point while there are spaces galore, knowing that in an hours time they'll have effectively blocked off several spaces, but it allows them to get out quickly, it annoys me. But I can't think of a solution. To stop parking along the canal side removes more spaces than it allows.

Maybe changing the parking bays to angled herring bone style would allow cars in and out more easily but that would require driving through the car park on u turning to face the right way for the angle....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭ixus

That's all about people looking for a quick exit on return plus some have no confidence in tight spaces.

There has been talk for a while about opening the other side of the bridge. Not sure it will ever happen but, if it does, you could have a one way system with angled parking.

There's some movement on the new spaces at Platform 2 finally. Will be awkward deciding which side to try first for one, though!

Advertisement