Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2016 Road World Championships Elite Men's Individual Time Trial - *unmasked spoilers*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,055 ✭✭✭✭neris

couple of years and mullen can win it, tonys near his end :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,263 ✭✭✭robyntmorton

And Mullen's done. Bodnar in 1st for now.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Bodnar beating mullen

feckin poles,

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Mullen down to third shortly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

And the feckin' Spanish!
    Medal hopes gone now.

What about Tony Martin!

Tony Martin wins the rainbow jersey.

Gutting for Mullen, but he did himself and his country proud today. A future world champion?

Mullen will finish at least 5th.

5th overall for Mullen

• Advertisement

Mullen will finish at least 5th.

Even 5th is a phenomenal result for him! Great result!

great result for mullen in fairness

• Registered Users Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭Keeks

godtabh wrote: »
    5th overall for Mullen

Superb Effort...more to come from him

• Registered Users Posts: 10,785 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

That's an absolutely stunning performance. Not sure he had any form like that a year! Delighted for him

So so close to a medal for Ryan Mullen, but overall, WHAT AN ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC RIDE!!!!!!!

Jesus I better get back to work.

was it last year he lost the u23 by half a second?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭pelevin

Imo Mullen has shamed us as a nation.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,785 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

neris wrote: »

Nah three years back I think?

neris wrote: »

Year before I think. Last year weather went against him but I htink his performance was a bit disappointing regardless.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭afatbollix

pelevin wrote: »

Id like to see what you could of done. You seem the type of person who wouldnt even wear lycra for cycling but wear it for other things.

• Advertisement

What?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

afatbollix wrote: »
    Id like to see what you could of done. You seem the type of person who wouldnt even wear lycra for cycling.
    ah he was clearly joking

Brilliant ride by Mullen. Really excited to see what himself and Dunbar can do in the coming years

Dodge wrote: »
    ah he was clearly joking

Brilliant ride by Mullen. Really excited to see what himself and Dunbar can do in the coming years

Sarcasm is hard to detect on forums

afatbollix wrote: »
    Id like to see what you could of done. You seem the type of person who wouldnt even wear lycra for cycling but wear it for other things.

You seem the type of person who needs smileys to recognise very obvious messing. I was very definitely not being serious.

theres eddy mercx talking to a nun................ oh wait

the podium area looks like its beside waste ground on a building site

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭smurphy29

Great ride by Mullen, fantastic even. He has had a difficult season, wasn't event he best time triallist in the nationals, but today he has really announced himself as one of the best in the business. I wouldn't have expected any of the Irish riders to be especially advantaged by the heat, so that makes it even more impressive. He should be able to take a lot of confidence from this performance, and really establish himself as a top time triallist on a consistent basis next year. Superb stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭MPFGLB

Mullen will win this in years to come

However he does well if not in the spotlight

Like last year under 23 he did not do as well as expected when under pressure
    So I expect he will win when least expected

But great great ride today

Hopefully a real coming of age performance for Ryan. Great stepping out of the shadows, & even if a bit disappointing in the end not to medal, just to have been in the hotseat for so long will be in itself a real nice addition to it all. He'd hardly have been eyeing a medal anyway this morning surely. Going forward has to be a huge boost to his morale & real sense of belonging with the big guns.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭irishrover99

Obviously i get your joke but i think he has shamed Roche today. I can't see him being happy with that and roche can't really complain about being too tired.
    He's hardly featured in the second half of the year with sky

Advertisement