Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Colnago Artemis 24 wheelset

Options
  • 12-10-2016 11:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭

Hi any help would be great here. I'm trying to sell the above on the cycling adverts site, but I can't find any info on them or what they may be worth. Any ino? ?

Comments

Muckers wrote: »
    Hi any help would be great here. I'm trying to sell the above on the cycling adverts site, but I can't find any info on them or what they may be worth. Any ino? ?

google the exact model, check ebay etc.
    if it's not 11 speed compatible then it will be worth a lot less as most people have 11 speed cassettes now.

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Muckers

glasso wrote: »
    google the exact model, check ebay etc.
    if it's not 11 speed compatible then it will be worth a lot less as most people have 11 speed cassettes now.

They are currently fitted to a bike with 11 speed 105. Can't find any info after go googling or looking on ebay.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,754 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

Muckers wrote: »
    They are currently fitted to a bike with 11 speed 105. Can't find any info after go ogling or looking on ebay.

Had a look myself and couldn't find anything on them. Google seems to draw a blank for a price as a standalone wheel set, see them on a £1,500 bike here on Wiggle. One a bike at that price range I'd expect wheels to be around Fulcrum 7 to Fulcrum 5, Khamsin level, which is €140-€200 new, but that is only a guess. Do you have full specs for them, e.g. weight, spoke count. rim or disc braking, came off a road or CX bike, etc...

smacl wrote: »
    Had a look myself and couldn't find anything on them. Google seems to draw a blank for a price as a standalone wheel set, see them on a £1,500 bike here on Wiggle. One a bike at that price range I'd expect wheels to be around Fulcrum 7 to Fulcrum 5, Khamsin level, which is €140-€200 new, but that is only a guess. Do you have full specs for them, e.g. weight, spoke count. rim or disc braking, came off a road or CX bike, etc...

32 Spokes front and back with disc braking, and off a cx bike.not sure about weight as they are still on the bike

those wheels are mentioned as being heavy in this colnago bike review.

http://road.cc/content/review/99194-colnago-ac-r

"Build kit: Reliable 105 groupset but heavy wheels
    Unfortunately, the one compromise of the AC-R is the heavy Artemis CW32 wheels. These are Colnago in-house wheels, and while they look the part with their semi-deep V-section black rims, their weight blunts the performance of the AC-R. They ride perfectly well, they're reasonably stiff with just a hint of flex when you lean heavily on them through corners, but they don't contribute more positively than that to the overall package. Once up to speed and on flatter roads you don't notice their weight as much, that's the beauty of momentum. You feel them on the climbs and from slow start accelerations."

presume these are the same ones on ebay - £110 buy now or make offer.

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/colnago-cyclo-cross-gravel-wheels-mavic-/142136516779?hash=item2117ff20ab:g:2NsAAOSwzaJX8VN1

so I would say €100 if you can get someone to buy them.
    They don't appear to be that appreciated and only seem to be sold in a bike overall package (hence lack of google results) so unlikely that people will be seeking to buy them separately much as a result. probably better to keep them for yourself as wheels to be thrashed on gritty routes.

• Advertisement

glasso wrote: »
    those wheels are mentioned as being heavy in this colnago bike review.

http://road.cc/content/review/99194-colnago-ac-r

"Build kit: Reliable 105 groupset but heavy wheels
    Unfortunately, the one compromise of the AC-R is the heavy Artemis CW32 wheels. These are Colnago in-house wheels, and while they look the part with their semi-deep V-section black rims, their weight blunts the performance of the AC-R. They ride perfectly well, they're reasonably stiff with just a hint of flex when you lean heavily on them through corners, but they don't contribute more positively than that to the overall package. Once up to speed and on flatter roads you don't notice their weight as much, that's the beauty of momentum. You feel them on the climbs and from slow start accelerations."

presume these are the same ones on ebay - £110 buy now or make offer.

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/colnago-cyclo-cross-gravel-wheels-mavic-/142136516779?hash=item2117ff20ab:g:2NsAAOSwzaJX8VN1

so I would say €100 if you can get someone to buy them.
    They don't appear to be that appreciated and only seem to be sold in a bike overall package (hence lack of google results) so unlikely that people will be seeking to buy them separately much as a result. probably better to keep them for yourself as wheels to be thrashed on gritty routes.

Thanks glasso for your effort. Plenty info there for me

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭dragratchet

what glasso said.....

i got these wheels with my colnago, they're just low budget stock wheels intended on being switched out for something better. heavy and sluggish but fairly robust. i had toyed with the idea of selling them but realistically id only be looking to get between 60-100 quid. in which case i decided to keep them for my training bike as a second heavy set are always good to have around during the winter months.

what glasso said.....

i got these wheels with
    my colnago, they're just low budget stock wheels intended on being switched out for something better. heavy and sluggish but fairly robust. i had toyed with the idea of selling them but realistically id only be looking to get between 60-100 quid. in which case i decided to keep them for my training bike as a second heavy set are always good to have around during the winter months.

Cheers and thanks

Advertisement