Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Insurance declined. How to declare car off the road

• 12-10-2016 12:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭

I'm on provisional licence. Axa insurance declined me today on the ground that i did not declare car since i bought it in December last year.

I did not know that i have to declare the car since i bought and parked it in front of house due to my illness. Now i'm fit and want to insure the car, the car Nissan Micra 01 just passed NCT yesterday, but Axa insurance said they declining me because i did not declare the car off the road.

Can someone tell me what to do in this situation?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

Sell it to a friend, buy it back?
    It's the equivalent of 3 Hail Marys and an Our Father for tax so maybe it absolves the heinous sin of not insuring an unused car too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

20784 wrote: »
    I'm on provisional licence. Axa insurance declined me today on the ground that i did not declare car since i bought it in December last year.

I did not know that i have to declare the car since i bought and parked it in front of house due to my illness. Now i'm fit and want to insure the car, the car Nissan Micra 01 just passed NCT yesterday, but Axa insurance said they declining me because i did not declare the car off the road.

Can someone tell me what to do in this situation?

What do you mean you did not declare it?

If you bought the car as a deal and then kept it off the road while you saved for insurance, what problem does AXA have? What exactly did you tell them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

What do you mean you did not declare it?

If you bought the car as a deal and then kept it off the road while you saved for insurance, what problem does AXA have? What exactly did you tell them?

Several insurers use their infallible dowsing rods /animal entrails to deduce that you have been driving without insurance if you have owned a car that was not used and not insured.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

Several insurers use their infallible dowsing rods /animal entrails to deduce that you have been driving without insurance if you have owned a car that was not used and not insured.

FFS. You couldn't make it up. What if OP was being diligent and bought the car going cheap from someone emigrating and just left it sitting up while he got finances sorted?

Unbelievable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Since when are these clousters "thy brother's keeper" to that extent? I can't even imagine what way that conversation could have went between you and AXA. :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 Blackbird00

Perhaps it has something to do with the fact that the car was NCT'd yesterday....how did it get to the NCT center with no insurance?

That said...it's fecking ridiculous carry on from AXA....they are just looking for excuses to not insure certain aged cars.

Advertisement