Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE Survivor Series 2016 Discussion (spoilers)

• 12-10-2016 2:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,819 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Takes place Sunday 20th Nov from Toronto Canada on the WWE Network

following matches are rumoured

Goldberg vs Brock Lesner II
    5x Team Raw Divas vs 5x Team SD Divas Elimination match
    5x Raw Tag teams vs 5x SD Tag Teams Elimination match
    5x Raw superstars vs 5x SD superstars

How do you rate this PPV? 28 votes

1 out of 10
    0%
    7%
    sugarmanmunster87 2 votes
    0%
    7%
    CSFBMMachine 2 votes
    3%
    Loughc 1 vote
    3%
    Angron 1 vote
    7%
    Gaw_Tinie 2 votes
    32%
    Gamer Bhoy 89JP Liz V1daithi1989markc1184martyos121Lithium93_aaaaaaaahhhhhhAgent CoulsonAli Bomaye 9 votes
    28%
    Mr.Nice GuyOmackeralRock LesnarbeakerjoeChip WhitleyVirtanenBret HartImnotthehulk 8 votes
    10%
    paconnorsirish_stevo815mullyboyee 3 votes

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

They seem to be going all in on the whole Raw vs Smackdown thing. Since 90% of the roster will be tied up in it, I imagine we will be getting a lot of "invasions" between the shows.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,507 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Ellsworth for the Smackdown team is a given.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

CSF wrote: »
    Ellsworth for the Smackdown team is a given.

Sole Survivor :pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,819 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Sole Survivor :pac::pac::pac:
    more impressive about Ellsworth is that someone is married to him and he has kids lol

where did he come from to get to WWE ??? was he a backstage guy, run another company etc ???

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

PTH2009 wrote: »
    more impressive about Ellsworth is that someone is married to him and he has kids lol

where did he come from to get to WWE ??? was he a backstage guy, run another company etc ???

Afaik, he was a local Indy promoter in the town he debuted in. I'd guess they went to an indy group, asked for a local talent to be supplied and he was the one who went along.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

He’s a promoter for Adrenaline Championship Wrestling in Millersville, Maryland. He also wrestled for 13 years iirc and was actually a Rosebud a couple of times with Adam Rose according to an interview he did recently.

On another note I fear those Survivor series matches will be terrible. Interesting how they said the 5 best womens wrestlers on each brand too but I assume considering how they have been using the woman recently that will be excluding whoever is in the 2 respective title matches. If that is the case that could be a bit of a botch fest too as it'll mean that you will probably end up with people like Eva Marie being thrown in there as they really don't have that many women on the shows.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Doubt we'll get a match as legendary as Gangrel, Steve Blackman, Val Venis and Mark Henry vs The Mean Street Posse and British Bulldog this year :(

Seriously Raw has only 5 divas (Nia, Dana, Charlotte, Sasha and Bayley) so I expect that as the team. The Tag match will be a mess with like 20 wrestlers :rolleyes:

The other one could be good but its a shame most wrestlers have worked with one another ad nauseam whereas 10 years ago you'd have guys who never wrestled each other on opposing teams

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

ERG89 wrote: »
    Seriously Raw has only 5 divas (Nia, Dana, Charlotte, Sasha and Bayley) so I expect that as the team. The Tag match will be a mess with like 20 wrestlers :rolleyes:

Summer Rae and Alicia Fox are there too IIRC

James Ellsworth has been knocking around the Baltimore indies for years and has done extra work for WWE in the past. He was a Rose Bud during Adam Roses tenure. He apartently always gets a call from the WWE office whenever they are in Baltimore but has never wrestled a match on WWE TV until The Braun Strowman match. I remember reading that one of the agents (Arn Anderson I think) plucked him from the pack of local talent on hand that night because of his luck. He was asked if he could take a bump and throw a punch and the agent pushed for him to be Brauns next opponent. He even came up with his own line before hand about any man with 2 hands has a chance.

Needless to say Vince loved him that night and he’s been travelling with them ever since.

Hes like Frank Grimes to Mr Burns.... in a way.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Summer Rae and Alicia Fox are there too IIRC

Plus Emma(lina) will be a thing well before Survivor Series.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,759 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

ERG89 wrote: »
    Doubt we'll get a match as legendary as Gangrel, Steve Blackman, Val Venis and Mark Henry vs The Mean Street Posse and British Bulldog this year :(

The other one could be good but its a shame most wrestlers have worked with one another ad nauseam whereas 10 years ago you'd have guys who never wrestled each other on opposing teams

I don't know why they didn't just make the matches 4 v 4. Talk about booking yourself into a corner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,832 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

The Big Show and Mark Henry will return to save the day for RAW in the 5 on 5 match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,251 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

The women's match could be a hard one to book. They could go the old route of ending it quickly with maybe only the last couple lasting long or because of the focus on women's matches these days they may want to make it long.
    One possible way they could book Eva Marie in it is to have her team win without her having tagged in, to go along with the whole thing of her not actually wrestling

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

would be a good time to debut Joe as a "surprise team-mate"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,832 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

A traditional 5 on 5 match for NXT guys would be a good way to introduce them to the general audience.

A traditional 5 on 5 match for NXT guys would be a good way to introduce them to the general audience.

I disagree.

I think the cruiserweights had a similar introduction to Raw. The cold introduction, with little build and many talents trying to stand out, usually means only 1 or 2 at most may get over. Id argue that only really TJP has been somewhat pushed and few have benefited at all from the cold introduction. While Im sure we have all enjoyed watching the cruisers since they debuted, Id argue none of them have gotten over enough yet because of it. No reason to cheer, no real feuds yet except TJP V TBK, just some guys fighting.

A 5 on 5 NXT showcase match would be similar. Maybe 1 guy might stand out but 9 others would just look like other guys at best. Only the big NXT names like Joe or Nak would be potentially fine from a surprise debut.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

It might be interesting if the Smackdown 5 were all from NXT as signings to the main Roster. Would that be possible? Make a big deal out of all 5 they would have to win overall.

Im hoping all 3 (5x5) matches wont have the teams mixed with heels and faces. Like one match is fine, but that dynamic of heels teaming with faces will lose its charm over 3 bouts.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,358 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Need to have two of the matches where the heels and faces see past their issues to do the best for their brand, then have a heel ruin the last match for his/her team to make them look really bad/selfish.

So I assume the matches will be the 3 tag elimination matches, Goldberg/Brock and both world titles. Any others? It seems the tag champs will be their team captain for smackdown so no title defence. Becky will probably be with the women so she won't be defending. Though now Nikki is team captain which is strange.

The teams so far are:
    Team Smackdown Women
    Nikki Bella

Team Smackdown Tag
    Slater/Rhyno
    Hype Bros

Did I miss any? Any predictions?
    I don't like that ones feuding like Ziggler and Miz could be on the one team.
    Smackdown singles will probably be Corbin, Swagger, Crews, Kane, Luke Harper.
    Raw would then have Jericho, Zayn, Strowman, Bo and Neville.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Joe debut as a Paul Heyman guy, he will lose to Nakamura, go on to survivor series and help Brock beat Goldberg?

So

Raw will win the Tag team match
    SD will win the Womens match

in the Main Event its
    Team Raw- Roman Reigns, Sami Zayn, Cesaro, Sheamus and Big Show
    vs
    Team SD- John Cena, Kane, Apollo Crews, Dolph Ziggler and The Miz

its down to Reigns vs Cena and suddenly 5 guys all dressed in black come down to the ring and attack both Cena and Reigns and then attack all the guys who try and save them. Then they take off there masks and its a load of NXT guys and they point to the Ramp where there leaders emerge Triple H and Kevin Owens (lost his title earlier that night to y2j)

NXT guys= Samoa Joe, Austin Aries, Bobby Roode, Tye Dilliger and Rodrick Strong

Forgot about the rumoured NXT third brand feud. Good call.

I think Raw will win the women's match and SD the tag. Just because after the emphasis being put on the women main eventing Hell in a cell, they wouldn't want that hurt.

Is this staying as a 3 hour show or is it 4 hours since it's one of the big 4.

Although it's a bank holiday on Monday I won;t be staying up.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,929 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Is this staying as a 3 hour show or is it 4 hours since it's one of the big 4.

Although it's a bank holiday on Monday I won;t be staying up.

Hell in a Cell is Sunday not survivor series.

Ah, yeah just got mixed up. That's the problem with constant PPVs. Definitely not staying up for HIAC though.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,929 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Ah, yeah just got mixed up. That's the problem with constant PPVs. Definitely not staying up for HIAC though.

Yea the constant flow of ppvs is making it hard to keep track of what is what. It's becoming like the ufc with a constant stream of numbered events and fight nights.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,288 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Is Lesnar Vs. Goldberg the main event?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,761 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Is Lesnar Vs. Goldberg the main event?

You'd have to imagine so

No Universal title match and maybe no WWE World title match so I'd say it will be

Goldberg's son is so relaxed, can't take the smile off his face

Hard to knw if Lesner or Goldberg will win ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,211 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Goldberg's son is so relaxed, can't take the smile off his face

Hard to knw if Lesner or Goldberg will win ?

Definitely Lesnar. Level it up 1-1 and in Vince's head, he's probably still getting one over on WCW.

Advertisement