Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE Survivor Series 2016 Discussion (spoilers)

15678911»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,507 ✭✭✭✭CSF

This was a massive no from me. The male singles 10 man tag (I still long for the days when it was an 8 man tag) was the only thing I really enjoyed. Nothing felt like it meant anything, and I'm on the side of being against the Goldberg squash, because of who it was and where it's going, or moreso where it's not going.

Very much feels like it's going to be back to just watching the Raw/Smackdown recaps. That's happened all too often lately and I just don't see much to be excited for on the road to Mania.

Nothing this year has been building anywhere that feels like it's going to lead to some great payoff. There is no obvious face in the upper card anymore. Rollins and Ambrose have massively lost their way in this respect. Balor getting injured looks like it was an even bigger disaster than I felt it was at the time. Or perhaps he is more popular due to his absence than he would be if he'd been around all this time in 50/50 booking central like everyone else, I don't even know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,832 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I'd love if Rusev got involved with Lesnar & Goldberg.

https://twitter.com/RusevBUL/status/800683563716907008

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

So we know Lesnar's not invincible, have him do what he did after the WRESTLEMANIA when Rollins pulled off the cash in, go absolutely insane, destroy anyone and everything in his path.. That's the logical thinking..

But the not so logical thinking, suspended indefinitely and chastised by Stephanie McMahon.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Even Lana got it on it..

https://twitter.com/LanaWWE/status/800542844444409856?lang=en

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

J. Marston wrote: »
    It doesn't. It just breaks his air of invincibility, which was sorely needed.

I disagree.

It was a waste, should have been given to a younger guy for a push. Stupid booking.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭BMMachine

remember Sting Vs Jeff Hardy when Jeff was off his face and Sting just pinned him as the main event of the PPV. Thats what this felt like. WWE is exceptionally boring now. Haven't watched Raw in months, Smackdown has good wrestlers (Styles) but I still don't care and Mauro Ranalo or whatever annoys the f**k out of me. I'll still tune in for the Rumble but id imagine I'll cancel my Network subscription after that as the only thing I use it for is the Vault.

Oh was anything up for grabs in the hour long Raw vs SD match? Or was it just pride? If its pride then yeah couldn't give a f**k

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

It also gives a more real feel to the match if they say Brock underestimated goldberg and paid the price just like he would in a ufc fight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

mdwexford wrote: »
    I disagree.

It was a waste, should have been given to a younger guy for a push. Stupid booking.

Who? nearly everybody outside of the top guys there has been so horribly booked over the last couple of years means there is nobody that should be even mentioned in a sentence with Lesnar never mind a programme with him, for me its like Undertakers streak, if it was to end, it ended to somebody with credibility, Goldberg beat him before and was not afraid of him, so it makes some sense that he could beat him again, freshens up Lesnar to, as he can say he took his eye off the ball and can come back in january refocused

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,972 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

I was hoping for a Goldberg win last night and would love a program of Rusev vs. Goldberg but with Rusev picking up the win. Would give him a push of being the guy who beat the man that slayed the beast but WWE will probably have Goldberg squash Rusev and set up Goldberg vs. Brock III.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,929 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

2e1g4zk.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭Riddle101

If it's anything like his feud with Roman Reigns, then Rusev will be booked as Lesnar/Goldberg's b*tch. There's no way Rusev could feud with those two guys and come out looking good. WWE just doesn't book him very well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Some amount of whining on this thread! I was thoroughly sports entertained throughout.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,167 ✭✭✭✭briany

Sorry, but I forget if Goldberg ever became decent in the ring in his initial 1997-2004 run. Part of the reasoning behind him doing the squash match gimmick was to protect him against this very fact, not to forget that he ended Bret Hart's career by being reckless in the ring. If we're going to get another match here, a more protracted affair as Brock treats Goldberg more seriously, wouldn't Goldberg's old weaknesses as a performer become exposed? Or will it be another squash?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

Omackeral wrote: »
    Some amount of whining on this thread! I was thoroughly sports entertained throughout.

Agreed.. Goldberg is the man full stop.
    Enjoy it for what it is

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,968 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

I think people get overly worked up about the streak and Lesnar's breaking of it.

You're best looking at it as a "moment". I was always of the thought that Taker should have remained undefeated for his whole WM career. That said, the streak being broken was one of my favourite moments of the last decade. A jaw dropper of total shock and awe.

No need to get caught up on whether somebody was due or whether somebody got "the rub" or not.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

1 thing worth noting from this PPV is that it now seems that Shane O Macs feud with Lesnar seems to be being forgotten about, which personally I am happy with even if maybe people don't necessarily want another Brock / Goldberg match at mania.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Chain Smoker

1 thing worth noting from this PPV is that it now seems that Shane O Macs feud with Lesnar seems to be being forgotten about, which personally I am happy with even if maybe people don't necessarily want another Brock / Goldberg match at mania.

I still demand we get some situation where Brock sells Shane's jabs. He done a great job selling Goldberg's ****ty spears so lets see just how good he can be at selling.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,358 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Had no broadband the last few weeks, sorted now so got the network back up and running today.

The main event was great. The spears looked brilliant, especially the way they set it up, started off like they were going for a game of one upmanship. Then bang arrives the first spear. Brilliantly done with brock turning into it as Goldberg appears from out of shot. Loved it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭Imnotthehulk

8 out of ten. Personally I love a good survivor series match, and really enjoyed the bragging rights aspect of Smackdown v Raw.

Was pretty happy with most of the matches, particularly the tag team and main survivor series match. The quick main event didn't bother me at all as I have next to know interest in Oldberg and Brock Lesnar. With the right opponent Lesnar might be great, but I don't think he lives up to the hype. In truth I was just grateful the match ended as quick as it did.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I really wish WWE would cool it a bit with screwy finishes. Three of the six matches had people interfering, and that's just lazy, particularly when it happens with two separate title matches.

• Advertisement
Advertisement