Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE Survivor Series 2016 Discussion (spoilers)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

It's disappointing that there doesn't appear to be anything on the line in the Raw vs Smackdown matches.

I would have liked to see Shane and Stephanie make some deal where whichever show wins the most matches on the night gets the right to enter negotiations with one wrestler on the opposite brand.

e.g. If Smackdown win 2-1 over the course of the 3 matches then Smackdown can acquire a wrestler from Raw. Daniel Bryan a few months back told Cesaro on Raw he thought he was under-utilized so you could do a storyline where Bryan tries to woo Cesaro to Smackdown and Foley tries to convince him to stay on Raw. Maybe in the end he decides to stay on Raw to get the tag titles.

At least that way you give the fans a reason to care about the outcome. I don't see why I should care about Raw or Smackdown winning these matches as it seems like it's just going to end with Stephanie gloating if Raw win, or emasculating several wrestlers if Raw lose. Big whoop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,251 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So with all the champs in the elimination matches, who will be in the other matches if they're planning on filling a 4 hour show?
    So
    the three tag matches
    Brock/Goldrberg
    CW title match

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,507 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Wyatt and Orton will be in some kind of match I guess.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,819 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Team SD is Randy Orton, Bray Wyatt, Baron Corbin, AJ Styles and Dean Ambrose

SD Women's Team is Niki Bella, Becky Lynch, Naomi, Alexa Bliss and Carmella with Natalya as coach

SD Tag Teams are American Alpha, Rhyno/Slater, hype bros with 2 spots remaining

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,507 ✭✭✭✭CSF

This looks like such a writeoff of a PPV already.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,288 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

So who is likely from Raw to accept Ziggler's IC title challenge

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    So who is likely from Raw to accept Ziggler's IC title challenge

Rusev or Zayn

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,288 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Rusev or Zayn

I thought Zayn was on Team Raw

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I thought Zayn was on Team Raw

Haha, no. Not a chance he'd be given a main event spot. Team Raw is
    Roman, Owens, Jericho, Corbin
    and while not confirmed yet, it looks like the fifth member will be
    Rollins
    . I'd also be amazed if he gets the IC shot either. WWE don't seem to care about pushing him at all.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Rollins
    . I'd also be amazed if he gets the IC shot either. WWE don't seem to care about pushing him at all.

Does losing to Ziggler in a non promoted appearance really count as a push though?

I'm not expecting him but him answering an open challenge would actually fit with the storyline reason he has even been on TV recently be it him and Neville answering Bo/Axels open challenge or Brauns demands for competitiion...

I wouldn't be shocked if he annoys Braun to further their storyline on Raw and then when he answers Zigglers challenge Braun interfers to cost him the match. Hell he could even then interfere to cost Braun in the Survivor Series singles elimination match as I doubt they will have Braun eliminated clean if he is eliminated that is.

• Advertisement

Rollins

u got
    Corbin and Strowman mixed up. Corbin is on Team SD, Strowman on team raw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,761 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

WWE don't seem to care about pushing him at all.

It's so bloody stupid he's done nothing in 4 months since beating Owens to end their feud

An absolute waste

Was just thinking Smackdown need a big match on this show. Raw has Goldberg/Brock and the CW title. Also a Smackdown title is being defended against a Raw guy (for now). So what has Smackdown got that's exclusive to them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Virtanen

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Was just thinking Smackdown need a big match on this show. Raw has Goldberg/Brock and the CW title. Also a Smackdown title is being defended against a Raw guy (for now). So what has Smackdown got that's exclusive to them?
    Wishful thinking, but
    Undertaker vs Cena? Taker is coming back to SD the week before, so not entirely impossible. Could even be the first of three, with the rubber match being the much-rumoured WM encounter?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,453 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Virtanen wrote: »
    Wishful thinking, but
    Undertaker vs Cena? Taker is coming back to SD the week before, so not entirely impossible. Could even be the first of three, with the rubber match being the much-rumoured WM encounter?
    Cena isn't around until the end of December, off filming his TV show. Survivor Series was the one appearance of his that wasn't cancelled originally but it has been now apparently.

Kane too get help from his Brother the Undertaker to fight the Wyatts and Orton ???

Kane/Taker vs Orton/Bray Wyatt at TLC

Would love to see Cena vs Taker at Mania. It would work even better if Cena was the heel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Kane too get help from his Brother the Undertaker to fight the Wyatts and Orton ???

Kane/Taker vs Orton/Bray Wyatt at TLC

Would love to see Cena vs Taker at Mania. It would work even better if Cena was the heel

Minus Orton, this happened last year and it stunk up the joint. Im grand thanks Vince

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,358 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Are they moving IC title to RAW in place of the cruiserweight title?

Sure they barely care about the Cruiserweight title anyway. And losing the IC title wouldn't only be a bad idea, but it would also make Dolph look bad. Again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

Crap looking ppv apart from the goldberg return.....gone are the good old days of early 90s survivor series....

• Advertisement

Anyone else reckon Corbin pulls out of the Raw vs Smackdown match, with the whole "I don't do teams!" thing? Leaves Smackdown scrambling for someone new. Then Miz pops up, and says he'll save Bryan and join the team, only for Bryan to opt instead to go with Ellsworth, putting him into the match?

Anyone else reckon Corbin pulls out of the Raw vs Smackdown match, with the whole "I don't do teams!" thing? Leaves Smackdown scrambling for someone new. Then Miz pops up, and says he'll save Bryan and join the team, only for Bryan to opt instead to go with Ellsworth, putting him into the match?

maybe corbin pulls out and as the miz is about to the be named in the team, the undertaker comes out and attacks the miz and is named in team SD.

could start a taker storyline with Strowman

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

That would be great and would play into his 'lone wolf' schtick. Hope this happens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

I would have went with Ziggler as captain . Stands to reason. Ziggler beat the authority a couple of survivor series ago. He perhaps gained the most from the draft putting it on the line and becoming I.C champ.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Would be cool to do a similar angle like SS 2001. When Jericho gets eliminated and returns and goes from the Rock. So you could have Ziggler/Miz as the last two and Miz gets eliminated and then gets back in the ring and hits Ziggler with the Skull crushing finale , but he kicks out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Would be cool to do a similar angle like SS 2001. When Jericho gets eliminated and returns and goes from the Rock. So you could have Ziggler/Miz as the last two and Miz gets eliminated and then gets back in the ring and hits Ziggler with the Skull crushing finale , but he kicks out.

wasnt jericho using the skull crushing finale then as well?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

sky88 wrote: »
    wasnt jericho using the skull crushing finale then as well?

Weirdly enough yes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,300 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Funny enough I watched the winner take all match from ss2001 and the match is actually okay. I've seen people bash it online so decided to rewatch it. I think the reason might not like it is because it was the culmination of the horrible invasion Angle.

So yeah good main event.

Also three of the six women in the six pack challenge are in the WWE HOF trish,lita, Jaqueline. Molly holly, ivory and jazz were the other three.

Smackdown Spoilers.

Match added.
    CW Title Match
    Kendrick vs Kalisto

If Kalisto wins, the title and the entire division moves to Smackdown.

• Advertisement

think the elimination best 5 stars match will end the PPV and can go 2 ways

1- Raw wins when Brock is send out by Steph (Foley will be annoyed about it after) and he attacks Shane and whatever raw member is left pins him

2- SD wins when Triple H interferes and attacks Rollins and shane will pin him for the victory

3- NXT invasion led by Triple H and Samoa Joe. no winner

its deff going to be 1-1 going into the last match

Goldberg to beat Lesner i think

Advertisement