Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Being harassed by some department in eir

Options
  • 12-10-2016 3:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

for months, I'm getting calls on my cellphone for another person from some department inside eir.

A few facts:
    a) I have my cellphone number for more than 5 years. I think nearly 10 by now.
    b) I have no dealings with eir in any way, form or shape. 
    c) I do not know the person, they are looking for.

I have asked 8 times, in the last 2 months, not to be called again and to get my phone number removed from whatever account it is listed in, as it clearly is either is a typo, plain wrong entry or whoever entered it, has been given the wrong number.

Either way, the request to not get any further calls or get my number removed have been ignored.

I got another call today from (01) 697 5986 and the agent asked for that same person in your records again. Once explained, that this person is not known nor has ever been known at this number, i requested again, to get the number removed. 

The agent found themselves incapable of complying with my request to remove the number and refused to clarify, what the call was in relation to. I then asked, who could and was transferred to another department, where i was left hanging in a waiting queue for 15 minutes, after which i hung up.

When I ring the number back, I get eir's voice menu, so it definatly is eir calling me.

I won't post my cellphone number here for obvious reasons, but can supply this on PM.

/M

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

Marlow wrote: »
    Hi,

for months, I'm getting calls on my cellphone for another person from some department inside eir.

A few facts:
    a) I have my cellphone number for more than 5 years. I think nearly 10 by now.
    b) I have no dealings with eir in any way, form or shape. 
    c) I do not know the person, they are looking for.

I have asked 8 times, in the last 2 months, not to be called again and to get my phone number removed from whatever account it is listed in, as it clearly is either is a typo, plain wrong entry or whoever entered it, has been given the wrong number.

Either way, the request to not get any further calls or get my number removed have been ignored.

I got another call today from (01) 697 5986 and the agent asked for that same person in your records again. Once explained, that this person is not known nor has ever been known at this number, i requested again, to get the number removed. 

The agent found themselves incapable of complying with my request to remove the number and refused to clarify, what the call was in relation to. I then asked, who could and was transferred to another department, where i was left hanging in a waiting queue for 15 minutes, after which i hung up.

When I ring the number back, I get eir's voice menu, so it definatly is eir calling me.

I won't post my cellphone number here for obvious reasons, but can supply this on PM.

/M
    Hi  Marlow,

Thanks for getting in touch.  I'm so sorry to hear this and apologies for any inconvenience caused. 
    Can you PM me your details and I will look into this.

-Pamela 

• Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

PM send.

/M

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

Marlow wrote: »
    PM send.

/M
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]Marlow,[/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]I'll be back to you today.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Pamela [/font]

Advertisement